Looking For A Combo freesat-Freeview PC.Tv Card

hi folks hope this is the correct section
ive been looking for over a week now to update and upgrade my tv tuner card with a combo card I have both a satellite feed and OTA rooftop Ariel ready too plug in to
at present I am using a dual OTA tv card A TBS6280 great little card works like a dream but as we all know tv has moved on and I would like too be able too record both freeview and now also free-sat satellite tv on to my pc can anyone recommend a combo card does anyone here use one would love too hear your comments please
also what the epg is like thru windows 7 freeview is good a little worried about freesat !! I here its only now and next
my system is w764bit running thru windows media center
thanks for reading this post
I fancy the BLACKGOLD BGT3635 but cant find any feedback from users yet I am thinking might have to bite the bullet and jump in :) any thoughts would love too hear from you thanks again for reading

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hi folks hope this is the correct section
    ive been looking for over a week now to update and upgrade my tv tuner card with a combo card I have both a satellite feed and OTA rooftop Ariel ready too plug in to
    at present I am using a dual OTA tv card A TBS6280 great little card works like a dream but as we all know tv has moved on and I would like too be able too record both freeview and now also free-sat satellite tv on to my pc can anyone recommend a combo card does anyone here use one would love too hear your comments please
    also what the epg is like thru windows 7 freeview is good a little worried about freesat !! I here its only now and next
    my system is w764bit running thru windows media center
    thanks for reading this post
    I fancy the BLACKGOLD BGT3635 but cant find any feedback from users yet I am thinking might have to bite the bullet and jump in :) any thoughts would love too hear from you thanks again for reading

You might have been better posting in the PC section.

Anyhow, you need a DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 card, presuming you want HD.

BlackGold and TBS are the brands to look for. Hauppauge used to be OK, but they seem to have lost the plot.

I use Windows 7 Media Center for both Freeview and freesat. Both work OK, and I get a full 14 day EPG for both.

Lots of good advice here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-computers/
  • Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re Blackgold cards - I bought a couple of freeview only Blackgold cards when HD first arrived (they were the only HD cards at the time). I think they were BGT3620 dual and BGT3650 quad. Whilst both give a good picture, they tend to lose tuners ie I now have a single tuner pc and a 3 tuner pc. Re-tuning Windows Media center (on Windows 7 Ultimate x64) sometimes fixes this, but the problem returns. Other customers have reported similar experiences.

I don't know if this bug has been fixed, but I'd say avoid Blackgold.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    thanks for your repiles sorry for posting in the wrong section as I said I was not sure where too post this can a mod move too correct location please sorry once again
    and thanks for your help so far food for thought my TBS 6280 has worked faultless for a year now on win7 64Bit just thought I would move a little further forward :)
    thanks again