Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    Wow,..where's the light hearted humour gone ?? Does it really matter if someone posts a view however ridiculous to some ??surely all it needs is a nice post saying they disagree and then move on instead of everyone "going into one" and leaving un friendly posts,im sorry if i thought fizgigs post was a bit personal i don't often say anything like that so i take it back lets just please just move on from it -isn't it better having a laugh with each other :)

That is not what debate is, though, is it?

DD has the right to post her opinion in the full knowledge that others may disagree. There is no malice that I can see.

I think it is a very strange argument - Pa is a turnip of the lowest order, but he left his wife. To be said to have left his kids he would have to be of the "My Bwian" school of fatherhood...or worse.

This is not the 50's. Marriage is, rightly, not for life, and they do end. No-one should be berated for leaving a bad one, only for how they handle what comes after. Neither orange vacuum has a leg to stand on where that is concerned.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night Ella ... Maybe after a good sleep we can have a light hearted exchange tomorrow

P.s. I love my kids ya know ;)

noooo....(runs away).....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is not what debate is, though, is it?

DD has the right to post her opinion in the full knowledge that others may disagree. There is no malice that I can see.

I think it is a very strange argument - Pa is a turnip of the lowest order, but he left his wife. To be said to have left his kids he would have to be of the "My Bwian" school of fatherhood...or worse.

This is not the 50's. Marriage is, rightly, not for life, and they do end. No-one should be berated for leaving a bad one, only for how they handle what comes after. Neither orange vacuum has a leg to stand on where that is concerned.

i know Art you are quite right its not a debate just mucking around i do apologise,it just is nice on here when everyone gets on that's all,and i have said somewhere above that i don't think the twonk left his kids at all but do know also from experience also that alot of men "just walk out" however i do know that doesn't mean that every man is the same :) now i really need sleep :sleep:night :sleep:x
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not in any shape or form going to apologise for having an opinion.

Is that ok?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

that's fine as far as im concerned DD,night night hunny thanks for the giggle earlier on today ,x:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My Mancunianometer just went off:o

:D:D:D
    Many times have I been slaughtered for daring to have this opinion.......but quoting Judge Judy 'I don't give a rat's behind' so I'll just say it again.

PA (the all round good guy) walked out on his wife and kids.
    Those lovely kids were dumped.
    End of.

My opinion of anyone seriously contending that PA 'dumped' his children is that their opinion is ill informed, illogical and has no basis in fact... PA has never not been a large part of his children's lives.
    lexi22 wrote: »
    That'll be because there aren't any, just the usual deflection and quoting of the T&Cs when an argument is lost.

God's sake, we're all adults and able to argue our points and accept when we're in the wrong, and if we can't do that and insist on missing the point (aka being deliberately obtuse), then we deserve whatever comes our way.

If someone posts something ridiculous, then I'm going to call it that. And it would be nice if people could deal with it instead of disingenuously playing the T&C card.

I totally agree Lexi...even worse are the implications about 'bullying'... if you have a contentious opinion and twenty people disagree... they are not picking on you or 'slaughtering' you they are disagreeing with your opinion... that is the whole point of a forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But no one has implied "bullying":confused: and last night i apologised to Art agreeing that my post was wrong as it didn't comply with s general posting being that of a debate it was just me personally that enjoyed the light hearted banter.:)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And where has anyone asked you to aplologise? :confused:

Equally, no one should feel they don't have the right to tell you your opinion is completely and utterly ridiculous if that's how they feel.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But no one has implied "bullying":confused: and last night i apologised to Art agreeing that my post was wrong as it didn't comply with s general posting being that of a debate it was just me personally that enjoyed the light hearted banter.:)

You posted nothing wrong Ella so don't worry. :)

The bullying comments are more general and aimed at the fact that, if several posters agree with each other or disagree with another, there have been accusations of those posters ganging up or bullying when, in fact, they just happen to agree with each other.
    Some FMs ever received PMs calling them bullies.

Anyway, I agree, lets get back to the banter
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh please don't EVER feel the need to apologise, your opinion's are always so *coughs* enlightening.....
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This gives some more background http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Peter-Andre-business-partner-Crawley-kung-fu/story-19192055-detail/story.html . He's going into partnership with his friend Paul who he's been training with for the last few years. Pete's been involved with martial arts since he was a teenager and I think he taught Wing Chun for a while in Australia. Paul wanted to expand his franchise so Pete offered to come on board and help to promote it. They're focussing on kung fu for children as a way of encouraging confidence.

Paul's school is fairly local to me and I've been considering joining as they offer a 30 day free trial it seems very beginner-friendly. http://www.kungfuschools.org/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please don't EVER feel the need to apologise, your opinion's are always so *coughs* enlightening.....

are you been nice or are you been sarcastic? If the latter why on earth cant we leave what DD has said and move on :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    You posted nothing wrong Ella so don't worry. :)

The bullying comments are more general and aimed at the fact that, if several posters agree with each other or disagree with another, there have been accusations of those posters ganging up or bullying when, in fact, they just happen to agree with each other.
    Some FMs ever received PMs calling them bullies.

Anyway, I agree, lets get back to the banter

ah i see,thanks for explaining it Blondie,i would love to move on i see Anna Nuttal has posted something but i cant multi quote so back i go to get her post! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i don't understand why The S*n has not mentioned that Petey is not opening these kung-fu centres on his own it was a Crawley based Paul Hawkes idea and hes asked Petey to come on board and join him so i do hope they are not just called The PA kung fu centres as it wasn't Peteys idea,
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't understand why The S*n has not mentioned that Petey is not opening these kung-fu centres on his own it was a Crawley based Paul Hawkes idea and hes asked Petey to come on board and join him so i do hope they are not just called The PA kung fu centres as it wasn't Peteys idea,

Maybe that's the story they were given .. Pete promoting Pete
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah i see,thanks for explaining it Blondie,i would love to move on i see Anna Nuttal has posted something but i cant multi quote so back i go to get her post! :)

To multiquote: Select the posts you want to respond to by

1. Clicking the 'multi-quote' button - 2nd from right at the bottom right of the post, which will turn red.
    2. Then click the 'quote' button on any of the selected posts
    3. Your post will now show the selected posts
    4. They're delineated/separated by this code - [/quote] so add your response to each after that
    5. Click 'submit'
    6. Simples :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1. Clicking the 'multi-quote' button - 2nd from right at the bottom right of the post, which will turn red.
    4. They're delineated/separated by this code -
    so add your response to each after that
    5. Click 'submit'
    6. Simples :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this post Lexi ..I've always wondered how to do multi quotes
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/I] so add your response to each after that
    5. Click 'submit'
    6. Simples :)

Woo-hoo

Thanks for this post Lexi ..I've always wondered how to do multi quotes[/QUOTE]

Me too!

4. They're delineated/separated by this code -
    so add your response to each after that
    5. Click 'submit'
    6. Simples :)[/QUOTE]

Apols if this is O/T. Er, as you were
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

I think his cringey, practiced pose is more amusing than him opening a Martial Arts school:D, he's forever trying to achieve the "moody & sexy" look but always fails miserably (imo)
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    This gives some more background http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Peter-Andre-business-partner-Crawley-kung-fu/story-19192055-detail/story.html . He's going into partnership with his friend Paul who he's been training with for the last few years. Pete's been involved with martial arts since he was a teenager and I think he taught Wing Chun for a while in Australia. Paul wanted to expand his franchise so Pete offered to come on board and help to promote it. They're focussing on kung fu for children as a way of encouraging confidence.

Paul's school is fairly local to me and I've been considering joining as they offer a 30 day free trial it seems very beginner-friendly. http://www.kungfuschools.org/

He does seem to have his head screwed on with regards to planning for the future, his coffee shops & now this so fair play to him.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't you?;)
    It's PA tirelessly and selflessly promoting PA, same as always.
    I imagine this new "project" will hold his interest for the next few days, then he'll lose interest and move on to yet another tawdry attempt at self-promotion.
    I think his cringey, practiced pose is more amusing than him opening a Martial Arts school:D, he's forever trying to achieve the "moody & sexy" look but always fails miserably (imo)

Don't know about moody and sexy - he always looks to me like he's wondering "What's that smell?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This bloke Peter has gone into partnership with sounds like he is using Peter to boost his business because of his profile as a nice guy ...
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This bloke Peter has gone into partnership with sounds like he is using Peter to boost his business because of his profile as a nice guy ...

Aw, poor naive, little Petey, being shamelessly used by an evil businessman for nefarious purposes.:rolleyes:
    Seriously, if you wanted to promote your business, why on earth would you want to use PA, unless the intention was to repel your customers?

And I thought you had outed yourself as PA?
    Bit too late to be trying to force yourself back into the "I'm not really PA after all" closet isn't it?;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, poor naive, little Petey, being shamelessly used by an evil businessman for nefarious purposes.:rolleyes:
    Seriously, if you wanted to promote your business, why on earth would you want to use PA, unless the intention was to repel your customers?

I'm :confused: that anyone could see DOTY as a positive role model for anyone/anything.

All this fannying about with kids welfare-related issues (or DOTY vote-attracting issues, as I like to think of them) but still no word on how he's raising awareness (and £500k) for the biggie, the important one, his foundation...
This discussion has been closed.