Trollied Series 2

Comments

• evolution202evolution202 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    cuza wrote: »
    Er, I work on the tills.And I'd say rather that than working on the shop floor and constantly being asked where things are by the customers!

And those two on the desk? Ridiculous characters who spend most of their time yakking and messing around. They would be in the manager's office in no time in our store.

Though they wouldn't be together if they worked for us. There's only ever one person on the desk, working flat out. No time for jolly japes on there.

Oh and I know it's a comedy (of sorts). But I'd still like a little realism please.

Jeez.... do you not get enough realism at work? It's a comedy, not a documentary. Some people take things far too seriously!
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Trollied is a brilliant mix of real life everyday observational supermarket humour.It will never please the trendies,but then nothing ever does,unless its swearing or nasty ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, I work on the tills.And I'd say rather that than working on the shop floor and constantly being asked where things are by the customers!

And those two on the desk? Ridiculous characters who spend most of their time yakking and messing around. They would be in the manager's office in no time in our store.

Though they wouldn't be together if they worked for us. There's only ever one person on the desk, working flat out. No time for jolly japes on there.

Oh and I know it's a comedy (of sorts). But I'd still like a little realism please.

There are always 3 in the supermarket I go in. Which is different to your shop. Does that mean my supermarket isn't realistic? I best tell them.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chill out for god sake.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I don't this is as good as the first series.

The new boss is a great introduction to the cast
    The deputy has gone right down hill
    So have the customer services girl, the fat lass and the lazy bloke.
    The butchers are still on good form as is the simpleton and the dotty old lady.
    Added to that is that last series I thought the CS girls intergrated more into the show.
    This series it's more of an additional scene that they just pop in when they need filler.

It was actually better last night when dotty old woman joined in.

Don't like the releationship between fatty and lazy.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'You're the kind of girl that if you fell into a bucket of cocks, you'd come out sucking your thumb'. Ha ha. SB has been a fantastic addition to the cast. As much as I liked the first series, this series is head and shoulders above it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Loved last nights episodes, Leighton on the till! We've all got a member of staff you'd never put near a till
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    'You're the kind of girl that if you fell into a bucket of cocks, you'd come out sucking your thumb'

I can remember laughing at that joke more than 25 years ago. Some originality wouldn't go amiss?
  • evolution202evolution202 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    DFI wrote: »
    I can remember laughing at that joke more than 25 years ago. Some originality wouldn't go amiss?

Jeez. Sounds like that may have been the LAST time you laughed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez. Sounds like that may have been the LAST time you laughed.

The one i've heard is to a man about a bucket of tits
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DFI wrote: »

Surely that's part of the joke. Lorraine isn't supposed to be up-to-date, she is a bit old fashioned in her opinions.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,788
    Forum Member
    Surely that's part of the joke. Lorraine isn't supposed to be up-to-date, she is a bit old fashioned in her opinions.

I agree.

She is very much 'old school.' Sexual harrassment in the work place goes over her head because in her day it was unheard of in those terms. Her comments to Kieron are hilarious simply because of this.

Stephanie Beecham is doing a fantastic job in this show. I've never been a great fan of hers, but I have to hand it to her, she is really brilliant!
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Trollied. Even though I don't find it always laugh out loud funny, I like the cast and the will they wont they love story with the butcher and the girl on the checkout. That reminds me of 'Watching'.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was astonished to realise the girl who plays Katie was in this is England as well
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Series 1 and Really loving Series 2. Stephanie has added a new element. Love Andy the Butcher and Margaret. She is comedy gold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Andy the Butcher is the weakest link.
  • KatanaBladeKatanaBlade Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephanie is a great addition to the show. Really making it her own to be honest. She isn't based on Hilary Devey, She is Hilary Devey.

I'm loving Margaret as usual and Andy is also great, but the fat checkout girl and the scruffy guy who are now in with each other is just a bit too crude. Overly done. It's all they do now. Not sure about the new guy on Kiosk. Bit of a random character that doesn't fit in IMO.

The wee baker girl is quite funny, Wasn't she the undercover inspector in Phoenix Nights?
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinman wrote: »

Dunno how, Mark Addy has always been a good actor and portrays Andy well! 'Boss' chief man of the butchers!
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Dunno how, Mark Addy has always been a good actor and portrays Andy well! 'Boss' chief man of the butchers!

I agree, I loved the bit last series, where he starts on a whole long speech about how if he was gay, Ian Botham (Beefy) would be his ideal man.
    Stephanie is a great addition to the show. Really making it her own to be honest. She isn't based on Hilary Devey, She is Hilary Devey.

I'm loving Margaret as usual and Andy is also great, but the fat checkout girl and the scruffy guy who are now in with each other is just a bit too crude. Overly done. It's all they do now. Not sure about the new guy on Kiosk. Bit of a random character that doesn't fit in IMO.

The wee baker girl is quite funny, Wasn't she the undercover inspector in Phoenix Nights?

Yes, she was, I think the actress is called Jo Enright.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    'You're the kind of girl that if you fell into a bucket of cocks, you'd come out sucking your thumb'. Ha ha. SB has been a fantastic addition to the cast. As much as I liked the first series, this series is head and shoulders above it.

You see, I don't think that's funny at all. I think it's puerile and horrible. And believe me, I'm no prude and I do have a sense of humour, thank you.

But I like wit and cleverness and while the show may have a bit of wit, that "joke " certainly doesn't.

However, I might have laughed at it like a drain when I was about 14.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chill out for god sake.

And another post cos I don't know how to multi quote.

I am chilled thanks. Well, I was until I watched this show, which everyone seems to like except me.

In my opinion (which I believe is the point of the forum ie giving our opinions) it's pretty crap really.

I don't see it going down in the annals of history, like classic comedies.

And I know I don't have to watch it if I don't like it. Believe me I won't!
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I tend to agree.

Mark Addy is great, but the 'Andy' routine wears quite thin with me quite quickly. I just don't find him as funny as some of the other characters. I also dislike how he overpowers Kieran. I'd love to see him fully-demoted from the Butchers' counter to something like the rotisserie :)
  • DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Good show, British subtle comedy at it's best

At least you know this show isn't going to be 'Americanised' with a remake
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up with series 2 last night having watched series 1 last year. Wow what an improvement. Really enjoying this series much better than last years.

Stephanie Beecham's character is very funny. Brilliant addition to the show.

Hope they make a 3rd series if this series continues to be as good.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Leighton :(