Who should represent the UK next year?

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilly Alan is having a come back and trying to reinvent her self wonder if she would do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    It turns out that the GN show ends on March 1st, so we could actually find out who is representing us in a couple of weeks.
  • georgetheaspiegeorgetheaspie Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we actually know that the BBC has got someone!:eek: All this waiting could be a load of guff whilst they frantically phone round!

I suspect we're going to get someone who was really good, but who we all remember for having hits in the 90s. Macy Gray would be quite likely ('I Try' was a very good song). Even more likely - one of those Westlife men. As a group they were huge - does anyone know what they're up to since they split? One or two of them would fulfill the rumour of it being someone really good nicely.
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    EuroChris wrote: »
    It turns out that the GN show ends on March 1st, so we could actually find out who is representing us in a couple of weeks.

We could be having a national final yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    We could be having a national final yet.

It's another internal selection.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's another internal selection.

I thought that it was both, kinda.

An internal selection for the artist/band representing and then a National Final to pick the song...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about La Roux? they just announced some warm up shows in April.
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.esctoday.com/44468/united-kingdom-big-love-for-blue-in-russia/

Blue headlining in Russia..with Dima Bilan and Amelia Lily? Odd mix, could it be an early indicator of Amelia's selection? Just food for thought.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Well her album is out in May.

The timings would make sense.
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well her album is out in May.

The timings would make sense.

Definitely. She'd be a good pick imo.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amelia Lily's voice is too shouty and she lacks charisma. I hope UK send someone better.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    Amelia Lily's voice is too shouty and she lacks charisma. I hope UK send someone better.

Amelia can really sing though - I think shouty translates quite well to Eurovision. With the right song behind her it could really work.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

At this stage with over half known in selections or picks that isn't a problem. It's not a bad year just yeah that's OK
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Steps to represent us i say.

:D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steps? We tried that before with Scooch in 2007 and look what happened there. :D
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I'm starting to think Attomic Kitten are going to do it...
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    What about VV Brown?

Her career has totally nose dived in the past few years (from supporting Pink on her arena tour to appearing on Come Dine With Me), but she has released some great songs and can really sing live (I've seen her- she had a lot of presence and gave really engaging performances!)

Her wonky, retro pop style is different for the UK (and still manages to sound more modern than anything we've ever sent, ever) and she's even very popular in France, Switzerland and Belgium!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    What about VV Brown?

Her career has totally nose dived in the past few years (from supporting Pink on her arena tour to appearing on Come Dine With Me), but she has released some great songs and can really sing live (I've seen her- she had a lot of presence and gave really engaging performances!)

Her wonky, retro pop style is different for the UK (and still manages to sound more modern than anything we've ever sent, ever) and she's even very popular in France, Switzerland and Belgium!

I wouldn't be disappointed with that as long as it was a song similar to Shark in the Water.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BUT he's doing a 24-hour chat show for Comic Relief on 7 March, so then probably as well. OR the guest could be on his radio show.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Steps? We tried that before with Scooch in 2007 and look what happened there. :D

Steps have better chemistry plus they're well known.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steps have better chemistry plus they're well known.

It doesn't matter how well known they are/ were they'd come last no question
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paloma Faith just posted a Comic Relief picture on Facebook, seems she'll be performing. That's three days before the grand reveal so I imagine it won't be her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra Burke, I heard she's auditioning for westend productions now so it could be a last chance for her.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverley Knight
  • DanielWhitDanielWhit Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think Attomic Kitten are going to do it...

If memory serves - didn't we think that this time last year too?