JLS splitting up?

ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gordon Smart ‏@gordonsmart 1m

Sad news for pop fans tonight @JLSOfficial have split up. No bad blood - bowing out at the top @TheSunNewspaper #JLSsplit @gordonsmart

I didn't see that one coming :eek:

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like this is true..sad news
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't bowing out at the top though, are they? Their sales have got progressively poorer since they started, as has their musical output. Their is no way they could have released another studio album. Kudos to them for 'beat again' though, a cracking pop song. Though balanced out by 'the club is alive' which is one of the worst songs I've heard in recent years.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to them; they've had their success and can probably see that with the tweenies fave Wand Erection taking over the charts that it's probably time to bow out. Never rated their music but they seem like nice lads who've genuinely enjoyed themselves.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard that a boyband was splitting up, then was gutted to hear that it wasn't One Direction. Why, God, why?????????? Arrggghhhhhhh.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to them; they've had their success and can probably see that with the tweenies fave Wand Erection taking over the charts that it's probably time to bow out. Never rated their music but they seem like nice lads who've genuinely enjoyed themselves.

Agreed. Kiddy bands have a short shelf life and they've had theirs. They had a good run and did very well and it's probably better to bow out now with dignity rather than continue to flog a dying horse.

Though I do think they're talented lads, their material never lived up to what I thought they were capable of but I suppose selling out for success is the price you pay when you go into the pop industry.

Good luck to them whatever they do in the future.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Is it sad to see many jokes about JLS is their condoms! lucky it not split! #boomboom
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Heard that a boyband was splitting up, then was gutted to hear that it wasn't One Direction. Why, God, why?????????? Arrggghhhhhhh.

I feel your pain!!

Great sadness amongst the girls at my son's school this morning. To be honest, if The Osmonds had split up when I was their age, I would have been unconsolable!
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can One Direction be next?
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »

Now that I would be happy about
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »

I give them another year and a half.

JLS seem nice guys, but a lot of their music was naff.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares :rolleyes:
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    JLS seem like nice guys, and level headed enough to know when their time has ran out. Good luck to all of them in whatever they do next. Now if we could get The Wanted see the light, and do the decent thing..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to them. This split was inevitable. All groups split eventually. They can always reform in a few years time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Dont worry your heads folks,ill give em 2 years tops apart,then in the tradition of all boy bands,they will get back together!!! nothing like good publicity!!!!
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now I know how people felt when The Beatles split..........
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Good luck to them. This split was inevitable. All groups split eventually. They can always reform in a few years time.
    Garry-paul wrote: »
    Dont worry your heads folks,ill give em 2 years tops apart,then in the tradition of all boy bands,they will get back together!!! nothing like good publicity!!!!

Its inevitable.:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to them, seem nice, hard working lads
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its inevitable.:yawn:

I'm sure they will be on the big reunion show. I thought their music was incredibly naff, but then again I am certainly not their target demographic. They seem like nice lads who simply new their time was done, so I wish them well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they will be on the big reunion show. I thought their music was incredibly naff, but then again I am certainly not their target demographic. They seem like nice lads who simply new their time was done, so I wish them well.

Totally agree that they never let fame go to their heads.
    I too wish them well.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree that they never let fame go to their heads.
    I too wish them well.:)

Certainly preferable to the odious one direction that is for sure. Its a shame they went down the route they did (marketing awful songs to young girls) since, from I could see anyway, they could carry a tune, at least in the early days. Like a poster previously stated they had a modicum of talent, so its a shame they decided to put their names behind such dirge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly preferable to the odious one direction that is for sure. Its a shame they went down the route they did (marketing awful songs to young girls) since, from I could see anyway, they could carry a tune, at least in the early days. Like a poster previously stated they had a modicum of talent, so its a shame they decided to put their names behind such dirge.

I think the big difference was that they were actually a real group and not a manufactured one.
    I cannot be too hard on them for releasing the music that they did because they were in the clutches of a mass money making machine.
    JLS are most likely delighted to now be out of the clutches of whoever had signed them up in the first place.:)
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that Ortise has signed to CAN

e Media Eye ‏@MediaEyeTweets29m
    JLS' Oritsé Williams (@Oritse) signs to @CAN_OFFICIAL http://is.gd/qyef5d

Retweeted by CAN_OFFICIAL
    Expand Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

More
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »

Expand Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

More

I take back everything I have just said
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »

Expand Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

More

Thats his career down the shitter then. Or he might bring out a reality TV show about 'his life' (where is a yawn smilie when you need one)
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    I'd seen one of them of countryfile the other week there and he was keen to be a farmer and that made me think they were due to split up..can I just add that I'm old and watch countryfile :)