Airport cigarette prices

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
Forum Member
Does anyone know roughly the present cost of the large 3200 boxes of cigarettes (Lambert & Butler for example) at a British airport.I am going on holliday in a few weeks and just need an idea of the cost of the cigarettes.I've tried web searches without any luck.Thanks in advance Tony.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you mean 3200 small packets of 20 cigarettes?
    that still adds up to 320 canisters,i reckon you are pushing it for single person personal allowance.I'd expect to get stopped by cutoms with 320 canisters.
    I only travel to europe by train and boat but i know all the prices, where are you going to?
    You'll find all the prices on the web if you know where to look.

just checked the law is 3200 cigarettes and they can question after you have more than that amount
    so that's 160 packets or 16 canisters.

quote from website
    If you bring back large quantities of alcohol or tobacco, a Customs Officer is more likely to ask about the purposes for which you hold the goods. This will most likely be the case if you appear at the airport with more than:

3200 cigarettes
    400 cigarillos
    200 cigars
    3 kg of smoking tobacco
    110 litres of beer
    10 litres of spirits
    90 litres of wine
    20 litres of fortified wine i.e.: port or sherry
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TonyCarew wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly the present cost of the large 3200 boxes of cigarettes (Lambert & Butler for example) at a British airport.I am going on holliday in a few weeks and just need an idea of the cost of the cigarettes.I've tried web searches without any luck.Thanks in advance Tony.

Can you not buy them where ever you are going?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought a similar brand for OHs mum whilst on holiday in a Tabac shop and it was about 25€ for 200
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    British Airways' price is £16 for 200.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I believe the large boxes of cigarettes (3,200 duty free quota) are made up of 16 cartons of 200 cigarettes and have seen them in many of the British airport duty free shops.I just wanted an idea of the prices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the large boxes of cigarettes (3,200 duty free quota) are made up of 16 cartons of 200 cigarettes and have seen them in many of the British airport duty free shops.I just wanted an idea of the prices.

You will not be allowed to buy them if you are travelling within the EU. You can only buy Duty Free **** if you are travelling outside the EU and have a plane ticket to prove it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffystev wrote: »
    You will not be allowed to buy them if you are travelling within the EU. You can only buy Duty Free **** if you are travelling outside the EU and have a plane ticket to prove it.

Jeez, he hasn't said where he is going! The man asked a simple question - how much do 3200 cigarettes cost at an airport and instead got a lecture on not being allowed to buy that many (soon to be corrected upon actually bothering to look up the information instead of taking a guess and passing it off as fact) and now is being told where he's travelling! We don't know where he's travelling! Ahem..... :p

Anyway, have you tried here : http://www.worlddutyfree.com/

I couldn't see cigarettes at a glance but they might be able to help you. Otherwise, I seem to recall it working out around £2 a pack, so that'd be around £320 I'd think. You could try emailing Exeter Airport's duty free shop?
    aasenquiries@alpha-group.com

Only picked that one because they had an email contact us button on their duty free info online.

When you do find out, do let us know :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lofichic wrote: »
    Jeez, he hasn't said where he is going! The man asked a simple question - how much do 3200 cigarettes cost at an airport and instead got a lecture on not being allowed to buy that many (soon to be corrected upon actually bothering to look up the information instead of taking a guess and passing it off as fact) and now is being told where he's travelling! We don't know where he's travelling! Ahem..... :p

Anyway, have you tried here : http://www.worlddutyfree.com/

I couldn't see cigarettes at a glance but they might be able to help you. Otherwise, I seem to recall it working out around £2 a pack, so that'd be around £320 I'd think. You could try emailing Exeter Airport's duty free shop?
    aasenquiries@alpha-group.com

Only picked that one because they had an email contact us button on their duty free info online.

When you do find out, do let us know :D

I understand this is an Advice Forum that anyone with some advice can chip into. I may have wrongly assumed he was travelling within the EU.

I only pointed out about the EU as I tried to buy duty free **** at Man Airport when travelling to Spain last year.

Hardly a lecture but the figure of 3200 is the UK maximum allowance.

If the OP is travelling outside the EU I don't know of many countries that will allow you to bring in 3200 ****.

These are the worldwide allowance limits.

http://www.worlddutyfree.com/portal/page/WDF%5EAbout+Us%5ECustoms+allowances/
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't you need 16 boarding cards to buy them?