Sugababes - Lay Down In Swimming Pools

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it just from the first listen. Can't wait for the new album. Been waiting long enough now.
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Its nothing special is it.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, I was a bit disappointed that Mutya got almost every solo BUT it also felt amazing to hear her and Keisha singing together again, really reminded me of my childhood when Sugababes 2.0 were huge.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    Its nothing special is it.

It's better than the majority of crap that gets posted in this forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    , I personally enjoyed it and it will tide me over until new material really comes out. If someone doesn't like it, why get upset? Fanbases are too defensive!

You would think with all the hype that it means they are gonna go straight to #1. While possible, I'm curious to see if this hype really amounts to anything.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Finally some music from them! I like this. Will it be on the album?
  • Wooly ShamblerWooly Shambler Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Finally some music from them! I like this. Will it be on the album?

It's a "fun" song they did with Dev Hynes that got left on the cutting room floor. Imagine how amazing their actual material will be?
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a "fun" song they did with Dev Hynes that got left on the cutting room floor.

They say that, but they probably couldn't get the rights to release it, so they've just put it up on Soundcloud.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the Sugababes I know.
  • Wooly ShamblerWooly Shambler Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    This is the Sugababes I know.

Mutya's voice just confirms it, don't it?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing.
    Their voices just click perfectly together.
    Can't wait to hear original material from them.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listening as i type - it's pretty good.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's MKS not sugababes.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's MKS not sugababes.

Well obviously technically you're correct but I suspect many people will still refer to them as the Sugababes as they'll consider them the "true" Sugababes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get why people consider Siobhan a true Sugababe, she started the group along with her manager but left after their flop of a first album, if Heidi hadn't joined then we may not be hearing this song today. However I do love this song and wish them all the best, I'll certainly be supporting them all the way.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love Siobhan her two albums are amazing and her voice is jus so beautiful i hope we get to hear more of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Wish I didn't like it, because I'm a 3.0/4.0 fan, but it's heavenly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sugababes are BACK! :)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every single line up of the band have always produced perfect harmonies. The sad thing about this song for me though is it highlights what a shame it was Mutya wasn't able to succeed as a solo artist despite being the bands one true talent.

Just a shame they won't get anywhere as a band either. I think anyone expecting them to be massive is in for a huge shock. Girls Aloud who were far more popular than the Sugababes tanked on their return while Little Mix haven't performed as well as hoped.

The Sugababes or rather MKS have no market. No genuine fanbase (its been too long) and the interest in them just isn't there. This is why everything keeps being pushed back. When this happens you know its because their label are worried. Plus sacking the man who got them back together in the first place which resulted in him getting them backlisted by many insiders wasn't a wise move.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    It's good I guess, nothing special. Glad to hear Mutya's voice again though. I hope their lead single is more memorable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single line up of the band have always produced perfect harmonies. The sad thing about this song for me though is it highlights what a shame it was Mutya wasn't able to succeed as a solo artist despite being the bands one true talent.

Just a shame they won't get anywhere as a band either. I think anyone expecting them to be massive is in for a huge shock. Girls Aloud who were far more popular than the Sugababes tanked on their return while Little Mix haven't performed as well as hoped.

The Sugababes or rather MKS have no market. No genuine fanbase (its been too long) and the interest in them just isn't there. This is why everything keeps being pushed back. When this happens you know its because their label are worried. Plus sacking the man who got them back together in the first place which resulted in him getting them backlisted by many insiders wasn't a wise move.

Girls Aloud were no where near as popular as Sugababes were back in the day, double the record sales, sold out tours, huge selling singles etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Girls Aloud were no where near as popular as Sugababes were back in the day, double the record sales, sold out tours, huge selling singles etc.

Agreed. Girls Aloud's concerts were far bigger though. Never understood why the Sugababes couldn't perform at arenas. They had the voices, the songs, the image; guess Girls Aloud were better at putting on a 'show' though.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is rather impressive and I was hoping they would go down this route

Very very impressed. It's so great hearing the vocals of Keisha and Mutya again. The other one, i really couldn't care less about. Shame Mutya and Keisha joined together as M&S
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member

Pretty much this.. Any hype MKS had seems to have vanished due to the amount of times it's been pushed back. I was very excited when they announced a return, but almost a year on we are still waiting on even a single announcement and the patience is wearing thin..

I want them to do well, as I want the Sugababes to come back with a hit album, there is space for them both to do well.. The biggest problem seems to be that nobody can let go of the fact they aren't Sugababes anymore, two of them because they chose to leave, the media and fans need to start to call them MKS if as many claim the Sugababes name and brand is so damaged

ETA: through this track I found a brilliant (I think) studio acoustic of Freedom so whoever this producer is, I thank him/her very much