PS3 and PS4 Question

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Should I buy a PS3 now or wait for the PS4 to be released?

Comments

• NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That depends, do you have a 360? There's not that much point getting a PS3 if you've already got something to play 2013's multiplatform games on (and Gears).

On the other hand, if £150 isn't going to hurt your pocket too much there'll be some great PS3 exclusives out this year (The Last Of Us and Beyond:Two Souls for starters), and it's likely we won't see PS4 in Europe for another 12 months, best case you'll be waiting 9 months anyway. You'll also have a great backlog of PS3 exclusives to work through and keep you busy if you want to hold off on PS4, in case the price is a bit steep at launch.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't have a PS3 I would just get one of those now, the PS4 will be the best part of £400 and isn't out till the end of the year and won't have anywhere near as good a games catalogue as the PS3 has built up.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    If you are not desperate then I would expect a price cut as retailers reduce stock to make room for the next gen.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    If you are not desperate then I would expect a price cut as retailers reduce stock to make room for the next gen.

Any more rumours of a price cut? It was rumoured around the time of the PS4 announcement, but no such thing happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    If you don't have a PS3 I would just get one of those now, the PS4 will be the best part of £400 and isn't out till the end of the year and won't have anywhere near as good a games catalogue as the PS3 has built up.

ps4 will have some decent launch title;

watch dogs - killzone - the new infamous to name a few
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone with any info on a PS3 price cut?