Tamera Foster to Stay on X Factor. Show Spokesperson Confirms

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
X Factor 2013 hopeful Tamera Foster has made headlines for all the wrong reasons following her weekend of audition triumphs. Fresh from making it to bootcamp, despite fluffing the lyrics to Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing, she's facing damaging claims in The Sun.

The newspaper states the 16-year-old had bullied and assaulted another teenager. This followed an apology made by the youngster for tweeting about drugs prior to appearing on the show. However, X Factor appears to be standing by her.

Holly Wilks, who was 15 when she was allegedly attacked by Tamera, was shocked to see her singing on TV. She told The Sun: "Tamera comes across on X Factor as a lovely girl, but the country should know she is a violent bully. I felt sick. I couldn't believe how angelic she appeared."

Tamera acknowledged that she had been in the wrong: "If I saw her, I would apologise. I am really sorry. I lashed out when I shouldn't have. It was a really stupid move." Tamera was officially cautioned by police for her actions.

However, Holly does not appear to be in a forgiving mood: “The judges were impressed because she can sing. I hope they boot her off the show otherwise it sends out a very dangerous message.”

A source close to Tamera said: "She was going through a very difficult time and is now in a much better place." The fight apparently broke out following claims that the girl involved was abusive towards one of Tamera’s friends. The source added: "She knows this does not justify her actions and she is very sorry for what she did."

A show insider stated: "The matter was dealt with appropriately by the police, who judged this to be a minor and first offence. Tamera is now focused on doing well in the competition."

It appears Tamera can rely on the support of the X Factor machine at this difficult time. A spokesperson for the show said: “The X Factor does not condone violent behaviour. The matter was dealt with by the police at the time and Tamera has since apologised for her past behaviour.”

http://tv.uk.msn.com/reality-tv/x-factor-2013-tamera-foster-stays-despite-bullying-allegations

Comments

• Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, she deserves a chance. I hate it when the press pick on one of the contestants and give them a hard time throughout the whole competition, hopefully they won't be able to dig up anymore 'dirt' on her.
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd swear the members of this forum never did anything wrong in their entire lives. That's life, she made a mistake and wants to move on. Get over yourselves and stop being JEALOUS of Tamera's talent. It's just making you all look BITTER.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im really pleased that she has been given a chance! That is why I posted the article! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im really pleased that she has been given a chance! That is why I posted the article! :)

I know! I'm pre empting the inevitable, semi literate slurry that will soon be descending on this thread from Tamera's haters who are foaming at the mouth at the thought of a talented, young girl being given the spotlight on a reality show. :yawn:
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that annoys me about this forum is that....someone like Cher Lloyd, Danyl or Misha B show one ounce of being over confident or whatever and a story like this comes out about them everyone believes it and they all get hated on here. However, when it's a forum favourite such as Tamera, it's "She deserves a chance", "She has had a troubled past". I mean, really? Millions around the world have troubled pasts they dont take drugs and bully people?

Misha was branded a bully for the whole competition, I wouldn't be surprised if people forget about this within the next 4 days -__-
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that annoys me about this forum is that....someone like Cher Lloyd, Danyl or Misha B show one ounce of being over confident or whatever and a story like this comes out about them everyone believes it and they all get hated on here. However, when it's a forum favourite such as Tamera, it's "She deserves a chance", "She has had a troubled past". I mean, really? Millions around the world have troubled pasts they dont take drugs and bully people?

Misha was branded a bully for the whole competition, I wouldn't be surprised if people forget about this within the next 4 days -__-

I think you'll find that Cher/Misha/Danyl had people defending them too and sticking up for them, and just like them Tamera already has a lot of people on this forum strongly against her now.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so in this instance then that Emily girl should have stayed in and Frankie Cocozza....

But im happy i liked her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cher and Misha are some of my favourite XF acts. I thought the way they were bullied and abused online and in the press (especially Misha) was despicable. People will do anything to knock a front runner, it's so sad for them.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    k but Misha's bullying rumors were exposed live by tulisa.. and I liked Misha, Cher and like Tamera
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess there's still the chance that they can quietly show her the door before the live shows, though to me, the fact that they bothered releasing a statement half-confirms that she's probably going through, so hopefully she can learn from this and focus on the competition and her career.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Good, she deserves a chance. I hate it when the press pick on one of the contestants and give them a hard time throughout the whole competition, hopefully they won't be able to dig up anymore 'dirt' on her.

Yes, it's very good news, and hope she takes the chance that she has been given to do well.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK she admitted her stupid mistakes so I hope she can learn from this and become a better person. Glad XF bosses are standing by her on this so I hope there will be no more slip-ups from her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    the fact that they bothered releasing a statement half-confirms that she's probably going through, so hopefully she can learn from this and focus on the competition and her career.

I think the statement 100% confirms she is going through, so pick the best 2 from 5 of the other girls @ JH to join her.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another story about her in the Sun today tweeting about guns so she is not doing herself any favours
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    Another story about her in the Sun today tweeting about guns so she is not doing herself any favours

more tosh from the gutter press. Some people on here are so very gullable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fantastic article on Tamera! The Press are going face a serious backlash! http://www.newsmediaimages.com/celebrity-article-57032-tamers-foster-x-factor-hate-tabloids-nail-gun-picture/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's double standards but eh, what ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic article on Tamera! The Press are going face a serious backlash! http://www.newsmediaimages.com/celebrity-article-57032-tamers-foster-x-factor-hate-tabloids-nail-gun-picture/

Well done for finding this. Good article. Put's a bit of balance on the whole thing.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most interesting thing here is why is someone dredging all this up and feeding it to the press ? Never seen a campaign against someone so early on in the series before.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most interesting thing here is why is someone dredging all this up and feeding it to the press ? Never seen a campaign against someone so early on in the series before.

Probably because they've found that there's a public appetite for it. Not saying that it's right or fair but the press will only print what the public want to read when it comes to entertainment shows like XF.

I don't believe anyone should submit to bullying from the press, but in the case of Tamera they don't appear to have printed anything untrue yet so you can't really blame them for continuing to dig to find out whether there's any other dirt. It would probably be best for her at this point, given her age, to withdraw from the competition and come back in a couple of years time. They could spin a decent redemption narrative that way, particularly if she was to go and get some A-Levels and come back as someone who's 'grown up' in the last two years. As it is, they press are going to continue to bait her and wait for her to trip up to exploit that public thirst for drama. You've gotta feel sorry for the girl. I doubt this will end well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Probably because they've found that there's a public appetite for it. Not saying that it's right or fair but the press will only print what the public want to read when it comes to entertainment shows like XF.

I don't believe anyone should submit to bullying from the press, but in the case of Tamera they don't appear to have printed anything untrue yet so you can't really blame them for continuing to dig to find out whether there's any other dirt. It would probably be best for her at this point, given her age, to withdraw from the competition and come back in a couple of years time. They could spin a decent redemption narrative that way, particularly if she was to go and get some A-Levels and come back as someone who's 'grown up' in the last two years. As it is, they press are going to continue to bait her and wait for her to trip up to exploit that public thirst for drama. You've gotta feel sorry for the girl. I doubt this will end well.

It is her mental state i would be most worried about. An adult would find this extremely difficult to cope with, a teenager will ultimately find this entirely smothering
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

I think that the public might well turn on the press for hounding a 16 year old girl who has had problems, but is trying to do something that will benefit her now.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm saying this right now, if she makes the live shows she'll be the last girl remaining...
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is her mental state i would be most worried about. An adult would find this extremely difficult to cope with, a teenager will ultimately find this entirely smothering

Which is why the producers are irresponsible for putting her through to the live shows (as I'm sure they will) and why her parents are irresponsible for letting her continue. The press attention on her is only going to grow once the live shows start. I agree it's not right, and she's going to find it difficult to cope, but clearly the people old enough to know better don't see it as a big enough deal to actually withdraw her and therefore protect her from what's about to come.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bizarrely, the XF itself has often leaked stories to the press in an attempt to discredit contestants.

I don't think this has happened in this case though, as Tamera is one of their favourites.