I Hate Dr Who!!

*steven**steven* Posts: 297
Forum Member
What is the big deal with Dr Who? I think its rubbish and i would rather watch Celebrity wrestling and that is BAD!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *steven* wrote:
    What is the big deal with Dr Who? I think its rubbish and i would rather watch Celebrity wrestling and that is BAD!
    So don't watch it. There - problem solved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to tell you, but I think you are unlikely to get much support on here...I've really yet to see anyone else come out and say they hate Who...so unless there are many closet 'who' haters on here who never speak out, you are about the only one...some may be indifferent, but people generaly don't hate it :)
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there are loads of people out there who hate sci-fi and can't see the attraction to those of us who love it.

Personally I adore scifi and fantasy programs and have loved everything about the new series of Dr Who - it is well written, well acted and incredibly good viewing - considerably better than the what is usually churned out on a saturday evening. :)

I support the campaign for the sci-fi forum!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh...

It's *okay*. I'd dispute that it's particuarly 'well written' and strongly dispute that it's 'well acted' (all very stage school and some of the semi-regulars are dreadful) but I find it watchable. It's certainly not Buffy though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Hate is a strong word, you mean you don't like it? Fair enough, don't watch it, dont read threads about it, don't start threads about it. You're entitled to your opinion but if you must tell everyone that Dr Who isn't your cup of tea then please atleast state why instead of just saying "it's rubbish" like some troll just trying to start an arguement.

I'm very much looking forward to tonights episode and overall I think the series has been pretty good and enjoyable. A wonderful change from the usual Saturday night television.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    :eek: Doctor Who is superb! Old and New! imo anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liking watching Doctor Who old and new, if you do not like it don't watch it simple is that! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *steven* wrote:

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your thoughts on here regarding Doctor Who. Your opinion is equally valid as those who do enjoy the series and they have been duly noted by the rest of us.

Thankfully you are not our mummy :D
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I do not like Dr Who, I do not hate it though.
    Because I don't like it, I don't watch it, genius concept isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it, so I don't watch it.

Loved the Tom Baker Dr when it first came out. My era I guess.
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *steven* wrote:
    Variety is the spice of life, do enjoy your wrestling and many thanks for the opportunity to show my support for a Sci-Fi forum in yet another thread whilst offering support for such a great show as Doctor Who, thanks steven :D
    I support the campaign for a separate Sci-Fi Forum :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    job wrote:
    I don't like it, so I don't watch it.

Loved the Tom Baker Dr when it first came out. My era I guess.
    Same here. My era was Patrick Troughton though, it was great entertainment as a child but now I'm an elderly old grump, I can't see the attraction at all! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Well..tough!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *steven* wrote:

all i will say to you is you know where the remote is!! dont watch it go and wath your celeb wrestling!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not too keen on you either. He thinks that you're another stupid ape, and all you do is eat chips, watch telly, and go to bed... ;)
  • mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well... I think he has his right to express what he doesn't and does like. Even if most of us don't agree with him.. I never used to like Doctor Who. But I do like this new series.. And no I'm not 40+ I'm only 18.. My Dad liked the older ones.. Thank god He left my mom 5/6 years ago!

Anyway.. I'm pretty sure you could do the same with other tv shows you don't like TURN IT OVER... Or I guess.. we could lock you in a room with a tv and with only The OLD DR. Who shows on the screen.. God that would be a nightmare! even for me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mpmc17 wrote:
    Well... I think he has his right to express what he doesn't and does like. Even if most of us don't agree with him...
    Of course. But why go to the trouble of starting a troll thread just to say you don't like something without any sort of argument or reasoning to back it up?
    mpmc17 wrote:
    I never used to like Doctor Who. But I do like this new series.. And no I'm not 40+ I'm only 18.. My Dad liked the older ones.. Thank god He left my mom 5/6 years ago!
    Just because he likes old Doctor Whos? That's a bit harsh...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *steven* wrote:

Thanks for this deep and meaningful thread. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mpmc17 wrote:
    Well... I think he has his right to express what he doesn't and does like.
    Of course he does. But starting a thread just to say it...?

I'm just off to start some new threads myself...

I hate Celebrity Love Island
    I hate ITV News
    I hate Emmerdale
    I hate <insert 99.9% of ITV's programming>

etc. etc. etc. etc....
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digidragon wrote:
    Of course he does. But starting a thread just to say it...?

I'm just off to start some new threads myself...

I hate Celebrity Love Island
    I hate ITV News
    I hate Emmerdale
    I hate <insert 99.9% of ITV's programming>

etc. etc. etc. etc....

Go on, try

I hate Corrie.

It's the functional equivalent of this thread (and just as pointless!)

K
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,821
    Forum Member
    *steven* wrote:

I think people are being very harsh on you *steven* :) I hate Dr Who too, and, yes, hate is a strong word but necessary in this case! ;) Fair enough, others like it, but I'm getting sick of the fact that much of the TV Progammes Forum is taken up by threads discussing it. How many threads do you need? :rolleyes: Anyway you have my full support. I'm sure its popularity will soon fade, the ratings are slowly dropping as it is.

(I will probably get mobbed by Dr Who fans for saying that! :p Oh well... bring it on! :D )
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Author 007 wrote:
    I think people are being very harsh on you *steven* :) I hate Dr Who too, and, yes, hate is a strong word but necessary in this case! ;) Fair enough, others like it, but I'm getting sick of the fact that much of the TV Progammes Forum is taken up by threads discussing it. How many threads do you need? :rolleyes: Anyway you have my full support. I'm sure its popularity will soon fade, the ratings are slowly dropping as it is.

(I will probably get mobbed by Dr Who fans for saying that! :p Oh well... bring it on! :D )
    We would prefer nothing more than not to clog up the TV Forum with loads of Dr Who threads - we're campaigning for a seperate SciFi/Fantasy/Cult TV forum.

One sure way to get rid of us is to add your support :D
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Author 007 wrote:

It's a devious plan by the Who-threaders. They've been lobbying for a SciFi/Fantasy/Cult sub-forum and, in a vain effort to get one, have been starting extra threads. Probably won't work...

K

edit: Eileen can obviously type faster than me!
  • liquidJPliquidJP Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digidragon wrote:
    I hate ITV News

Hey!! don't you go dissin kidz newz...;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Author 007 wrote:
    Fair enough, others like it, but I'm getting sick of the fact that much of the TV Progammes Forum is taken up by threads discussing it. How many threads do you need? :rolleyes:

I agree. The sooner these saddos get their own Sci-Fi forum, the better.
This discussion has been closed.