I used to hate Alan Brazil and Graham Beecroft

Until this week when they slaughtered Jon Gaunt. Did anyone hear talksport at about 9.55 this morning? Beecroft said to Gaunt that two of the three Sony Awards he claims to have won were actually won by the station and not actually Gaunt himself. Gaunty went mental afterwards :D:D

Comments

• trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beuuuuuutiful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Alan and Beeky are the new superheroes. It was a joy to listen to. The handovers are getting better than the shows! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until this week when they slaughtered Jon Gaunt. Did anyone hear talksport at about 9.55 this morning? Beecroft said to Gaunt that two of the three Sony Awards he claims to have won were actually won by the station and not actually Gaunt himself. Gaunty went mental afterwards :D:D

on yesterdays programme
    it was brillant ! i loved when Alan brazil said " at least when i get sacked i get my job back"
  • Mrs Cee JayMrs Cee Jay Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All hail Lord Beecroft, Champion of the Masses.
  • tuvnistuvnis Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO alcoholics should not be on the radio!
  • blaklabsblaklabs Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Has anyone got the audio of this challenge to Mr Gaunts prized Sony awards?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    It was terrific.

Gaunt was put firmly in his place..he lost it!
  • blaklabsblaklabs Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    So I understand from all the talk in the last 24 hours or so about it, but does anyone have the clip so I can actually listen to it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Priceless, Gaunt is a legend in his own lunch time. He'll soon be gone worry not.
    Only a sad tosser would feel the need to go on blowing his own trumpet. Meglomaniacal turd
  • Rebecca StormRebecca Storm Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Hi
    TS is not a happy ship regarding presenters.

Mike Dickin has been axed from Sunday night which he is not happy about.

No-one likes Mr Gaunt.

Mr Brazil is on his last warning where the Breakfast show is concerned.

Mr Collins hates doing overnights.

The only presenter who is very happy is Mr Whale.

:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    what has happened to chesyy with ian collins? has she been axed?
  • 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    FFS! No, she's just been ill this past week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Yeah 4-4-2 has she been sacked?
  • Donald DallasDonald Dallas Posts: 3,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1984 wrote:

Brilliant stuff.
  • mcrYNWAmcrYNWA Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    1984 wrote:

From MY Site ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaunt must be filled with a desperate need to belong. What other kind of tosser would give themselves a nickname? I almost feel embarassed listening to him encouraging people to call him "Gaunty".
  • mcrYNWAmcrYNWA Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Brilliant stuff.
    Week Two :)
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Hi
    TS is not a happy ship regarding presenters.

Mike Dickin has been axed from Sunday night which he is not happy about.

No-one likes Mr Gaunt.

Mr Brazil is on his last warning where the Breakfast show is concerned.

Mr Collins hates doing overnights.

The only presenter who is very happy is Mr Whale.

:eek:

Heard them promoting James Whale's new weekly Sunday evening show today, 10pm - 1am. Exactly how is this going to differ from his shows in the week ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly how is this going to differ from his shows in the week ?

Listen and find out like the rest of us. Maybe it'll be closer to his old Sunday afternoon show than his nightime show. At least at first. Wouldn't be surprised if after a few months they work out that it's too late for an easy going format like that and revert to the normal night time stuff, like it used to be before he last gave up Sunday nights.

I like James Whale, and miss the Sunday afternoon show, but he already does 4 nights so why can't Mike Dickin do 3?

Let's hope the rumours about UTV wanting to make TalkSport totally sports focused and then set up a new digital station for news and current affairs come to something. Maybe then Dickin will get back his weekday show and Whale can do as many nights as he likes. Oh, and maybe Mendoza can get weeknights back and Wolf can return, along with Steve Jones and Mike Allen. UTV could come up with a full 24 hours of fantastic shows all week long based on the presenters they have or who have appeared on the station recently (Gaunt not withstanding). But sods law... it'll probably attract no listeners. Then one of the UTV bean counters can work out that because most of the callers say the same things and get the same replies from all the presenters, there's no reason why their live phone ins couldn't be voice tracked to save money...
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    What happened to the agenda of Dickin's show it's either parking fines or speed cameras. It's like listening to the same show every week.

Has this been forced upon him by the station or is it his own agenda ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1984 wrote:
    This has made my Sunday - thank you!!!!
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    I have been pondering whether top join the talksport forum, especially to voice my dislike of Gunt, but the threats again 4-4-2 and the understandable rules of not mentioning of his name now means it isn't quite so attractive. Anyway I think us Gunt critics will have the last laugh over this guy, he is an unpleasent piece of work who never lasts long wherever he goes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think he might have learned a little humility by now. After all we all make mistakes.

But judging by that audio he ACTUALLY thinks he really is brilliant and popular. Fastest growing phone-in? Fastest growing eejit!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ads wrote:
    I have been pondering whether top join the talksport forum, especially to voice my dislike of Gunt, but the threats again 4-4-2 and the understandable rules of not mentioning of his name now means it isn't quite so attractive. Anyway I think us Gunt critics will have the last laugh over this guy, he is an unpleasent piece of work who never lasts long wherever he goes.

never heard the exchange as i always retune my radio at 9.55 so i do have to listen to gaunt,just do us a favour and go BIG BOY!!!!!!!!! as he always seems to call his listeners,whale is the only presenter on the station who seems to have done any good out of this merry go round,i believe he has even been given mike dikins sunday night show. :cry::cry: