Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disconnect . Drama concerning a group of total strangers , showing the dangers that can occur in cyberspace.
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Carnival Boat (1932) - 5/10
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore old British black & white films. 'The Good Die Young' started a few minutes ago on Channel 4, unfortunately a bald geezer in a bright pink polo shirt is taking up a quarter of the screen doing sign language, why can't he be wearing a black or grey polo shirt?:(

He shouldn't wear that colour, actually. The recommended colour is any neutral dark colour (except green and blue). No pattern either.

I'm willing to bet it's Clark Denmark you saw. He's deaf, which probably had them thinking his clothing choices were fine. :o
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thor: The Dark World, it was awesome, can't wait for Captain America 2 & Guardians Of The Galaxy!
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charles, Dead Or Alive (Charles mort ou vif) (1969) 8.5/10
  • Options
    KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Halloween (1978) 10/10
    Psycho (1960) 10/10
    The Shining (1980) 9.5/10
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion (2013)

Half decent sci-fi. Looks great visually, with big budget CGI. The problem for me was that the plot seemed to be cobbled together from various other well known movies of the genre. That meant I quickly guessed most of the twists and surprises. I can't really say more than that without introducing spoilers. I quite enjoyed it, but in my opinion it's one of those movies that thinks it delivers more in the way of a message than it actually does.

7/10
  • Options
    guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Not a bad movie.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Body of Lies - Superb thriller with a top-notch turn from Leo Di Caprio as a CIA agent trying to catch the head of a terrorist group, if you like Homeland you'll love this. 9/10
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gangster Squad..not great but worth a watch 7/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The Lost Boys..not seen it in years..Hasn't Corey Haim died? orwas it Corey Feldman ?

also recorded Halloween lll but i need the pin number so had to delete it..i have got it on at home anyway
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    I have watched Matilda and Charlotte's Web this week with my little granddaughter ...she is on holiday from school. :)

Matilda gets 8 and Charlotte's Web gets 9.

I cried at the end of Charlotte's Web :o
  • Options
    BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    WarGames
  • Options
    BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    The Lost Boys..not seen it in years..Hasn't Corey Haim died? orwas it Corey Feldman ?

also recorded Halloween lll but i need the pin number so had to delete it..i have got it on at home anyway

Corey Haim is the one who died.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wild Child (L'enfant sauvage) (1970) 8.5/10
    Hangmen Also Die (1943) 8/10
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLOSER TO THE EDGE (not in 3D) - 8/10

never been a petrol head, hell i can't even drive, but always love watching this type of stuff

*looks up amazon*

AHA
    I KNEW IT
    i'd seen a triple pack of SENNA, CLOSER and FASTEST
    searched "senna closer"
    first one that comes up
  • Options
    LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 9/10

Has everything I usually hate in a movie, like teen angst, American High School Drama etc, and yet it kind of blew me away. I have no idea why I started watching it, but I'm very glad I did.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    The Look Of Love - 6/10

Certainly not a feel good film. :rolleyes:

A perfect example of money doesn't bring you happiness.
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    The Bling Ring (2013) 4/10
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Halloween....

Eraserhead

Seminal Lynch. The images are as fascinating as ever, but it's the sentiments behind them that truly sink in. Fear, repulsion, loathing...Lynch's expressions of parental anxiety still resonate with unearthly power. Still like nothing else. 9/10

The Uninvited (1944)

Hugely entertaining haunted house mystery that rarely puts a foot wrong. Some might say that showing us the actual ghost lessens it a touch, but its eeriness puts all those found footage films to shame. Fabulous. 8.5/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky 6.5/10 - This indie film with Colin Hanks is not quite a black comedy because it isn't particularly funny. But it is quirky.

I am a bit embarrassed to say that I found it rather entertaining :o
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Bling Ring - 3/10

They lost a point for having a female actually say "suck my dick."

Hummingbird - 6/10

Dead of Night - 7/10
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waynes World 1 8/10

Waynes World 2 9/10

love the W.M.C.A scene :D

Haunted 1995 with Aiden Quinn .Kate Beckinsale 10/10 ... probably one of the best Ghost films made IMO ! love the Haunting sound track !

X the Unknown 1956 7/10 ..only the 2nd Hammer Horror not as good as the Quatermass series but interesting !

An Education 7/10 .. touching film.. Carey Mullican is brilliant as the academic school girl led astray !..the ending was quite touching !...look out for the night club scene with jazz singer Beth Rowley singing the excellent "Wrapped around your finger "
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KathyFan12 wrote: »
    Dracula (1931) 10/10

Agree !.. something really classy and apmostpheric about this original !
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been to see Ender's Game with my 10 year old son. To be honest, I found it rather dull. There were a couple of laughs ( very few and far between though). Asa Butterfield is a great actor (IMO).

Obviously my son thought it was fantastic - I don't think it was aimed at anyone over the age of about 12.
This discussion has been closed.