[Game] X-factor vs The Voice vs Pop Idol Live Show 1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hello and welcome to the first live show of X-factor vs The Voice vs Pop Idol. Earlier in the week the judges found out their categories, and they then picked the 3 acts that would be joining their team. Tonight the acts will sing for the first time LIVE for your votes. The theme is Made In America, so get ready to be transported to the USA (Unless you are already there). So let`s get this show on the road. Please welcome the judges and their acts:

Jackamakka and The Male Over 25s
Jamie Archer
Matt Henry
Aaron Bayley

Wong_Billabong and The Boys
Jahmene Douglas
Mike Ward
Will Young

Fireemblemcraze and The Female Over 25s
Maria Lawson
Alys Williams
Hayley Evetts

The1Kuda and The Girls
Misha B
Leah McFall
Michelle McManus

So before we start. Judges are you here?

Comments

• Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im here but on my phone so can you post my comments please
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually forgot this was starting tonight, good luck to all of you here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sure George. Roxie isn`t her but I have her comments, and I don`t know where Jack is!!!

Opening the show is none other than Jack`s Male Over and The Voice`s 4th placer. Singing a cover of Love On Top by Beyonce…..it`s Matt Henry!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIidaNpOaY
    Forum Member
    Roxie`s comment

Matt Henry

I thought that was nice but there was no energy, no vitality in that! Beyonce and Cleo for example sang the song with so much excitement…and it just felt a bit lacklustre compared to their wonderful energy and jumping around. I don’t really like the slower pacing of the song either. However, I have to say that is a stunning vocal performance for the first half before the key change, the runs were stunning. You struggled a bit with the key change and the higher range sounded very odd but the other bits were nice so hopefully you’re kept in for that.

George`s comment

Matt

Matt well done for starting the show, it's never and easy task. I thought the performance was average, it wasn't special and i didn't think it was memorable either, but the vocals were good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the live shows Matt. You are one of my favourite singers in this competition. I love your voice and I think you've got a great shot at this game. I feel like Jack aimed a bit too highly for you this week because that was a very hard song for a girl to sing, nevermind a guy. And you were quite pitchy at some parts-im not gonna lie. I don't know why Jack picked that song. I really don't! I feel like it's a song that can highlight your weaknesses more than your strengths, and sadly that was the case for you tonight.
    Forum Member
    Very mixed comments for Matt, but what do the viewers think?

Next up is of Kuda`s girls, and she is outta love (Feel sorry for her). Singing a cover of I`m Out Of Love by Anastacia…..it`s Michelle McMaanus!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P503sY9seJw
    Forum Member
    George`s comment

Michelle

Michelle there is no doubting that you have very strong vocals and you could really see them in that performance, however i felt at times your vocals felt a bit forced and weren't natural

Roxie's comment

Michelle

I love Anastacia and I don’t mind you Michelle – however! This cover version doesn’t do justice to Anastacia thick, weighty passionate vocal in this song especially. And the tone didn’t suit Michelle’s lighter tone much. However, having said all that, the pitches were all exact as expected of Kuds…so actually that was quite a nice performance. I enjoyed that a lot. And you showed so much passion after the ‘I’ll be stronger’ bit – the vocal was literally amazing after that point – you were singing all of these runs and it just sounded so right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a stunning voice! You really do. And Im gonna say this before anyone else- you are the quieter girl, compared to Leah and Misha but Im still gonna give everybody equal effort when it comes to song choices...so don't nobody tell me that Im neglecting her :rolleyes::D. Stunning rendition of that song, beautiful arrangement. Well Done
    Forum Member
    So quite good comments for Michelle. It`s just what the public think when line`s open!!!

Coming up next is one of George`s boys and he is taking on a massive hit. Singing the male version of Everytime by Britney Spears….it`s Jahmene Douglas!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrmnnnEtfo
    Forum Member
    Roxie`s comment

Jahmene

Honey doll! I’m not quite sure what to say about that. I’m a bit disappointed that George didn’t take advantage of the theme with you – the US is a place with so much lovely gospel music, it was a bit disappointing to see a Britney choice. And if I am honest, the vocal was breathy and did seem to be struggling in the higher bits – both of which are unusual for you – I didn’t get the risk. I love risks but not when they don’t make sense and here it didn’t for me honey child.

George`s comment

Jahmene

Jahmene, i personally thought that was beautiful and was very emotion filled and i love you. well done mate
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooohh the song choice was a miss Jahmene :(...It's been a long week and it wasn't particularly hard to fall asleep during that performance. I can sorta see why your mentor picked this for you but at the same time the vocals were quite soggy but I prefer the crispier tone to your vocals. This could've been your best performance because the theme was right up your alleyway, so it's a shame that your mentor settle of something so distasteful.
    Forum Member
    So only Jahmene`s mentor sticks by him. Will the public?

Out to perform next is one of Roxie`s Female Over`s and she is watching the sunrise tonight. Singing Sunrise by Norah Jones….it`s Alys Williams!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd02pGJx0s0
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this song, I once used that for The Lovettes way back on Mix It Up Series 1. :D
    Forum Member
    Roxie`s comment

Alys

*claps*

I am about to take Alys in a direction which has been attempted very few times on these shows and which is incredibly difficult to do with an American theme of all themes. If you keep Alys in till next week, I promise you will be rewarded – I’ve got some great material from a certain category of music which is going to be interesting. You did incredibly well. Your voice is meant for these soft beautiful songs. Not to mention, Norah Jones has that thick breathy vocal which suits Alys incredibly well. This track suited you so well as an artist.

George`s comment

Alys

Alys i loved your vocals and it just shows you don't need to have the massive vocals or pitch changes to make a song sound great. Well done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first good surprise of the series. I did not expect that style of music from you but after giving your real vocal another listen, I gettttt ya ;). I can see where you're coming from and this could be a really interesting journey for you. good job
    Forum Member
    Great comments for Alys. Will the public agree?

Next up we are going back to the Male Overs and he has been playing with boomerangs. Singing a cover of Boomerang by Nicole Scherzinger…..it`s Aaron Bayley!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE4sjivreo0
    Forum Member
    Roxie`s comment

Aaron

Ugh…an acoustic version really doesn’t suit this song, like Matt Henry’s song, there was no energy in that. But unlike Matt, the vocal wasn’t on point either – e.g. the ‘on’ and ‘hard’ you hold onto are too flat. The song involves a lot of tooing and froing from higher notes to lower notes and you seemed to struggle with those higher notes. And it felt like a bit of a sing along thing. Sorry, I didn’t really like it that much.

George`s comment

Aaron

Aaron, you made that performance sound very cool and very nice to listen to, however like Matt, i didn't feel like it was very memorable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can do better Aaron. I commend your mentor on picking a relevant song but in terms of how you sung it; it could've been done differently and it could've been done better. When you launched into the first verse I thought you needed help as the contrast between chords was toooo much. I agree with Roxie; this song does have very big jumps in chords and I felt like you struggled a bit in that area
    Forum Member
    Not the greatest comments for Aaron, but if you want him safe...vote him when line`s open!!!

Now up is one of Kudas girls and she is being a bit vain tonight. Singing a cover of Mirror by Lil Wayne ft. Bruno Mars….it`s Misha B!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7i63zLr9pY
    Forum Member
    Roxie`s comment

Misha B

Miss B! Mr Kunakaaaa! WOAH! That was an amazing vocal…you hit all those Mirrors! And shattered them and even worse! I actually preferred this version WAY more than that horrible aching noise that was Lil’ Wayne’s song – I am so happy with this I have to clap.
    *Claps*
    Miss Misha B you never fail to impress and I’m really you’re being mentored by Kuda because I know he’s going to do great vocal things with you! Here’s hoping you turn out to be another Heshima. Also would love to hear you rapping but I’m sure Kuda’s got just the thing for you.

George`s comment

Misha

Misha B, you sang that amazingly but i didn't feel like i was listening to Misha B, it could have been anyone. It was still great though
    Forum Member
    This is going very slow tonight!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girl, I thought we'd agreed to keep it "week one" tonight, but judging by the way you hot those notes? You're here to be a contender! You turned a Lil Wayne song into a Misha B song in minutes. Im so proud of you and the potential that you have in this competition.
    One of the best of the night by a mile!
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, I thought we were on at 7 tonight, not 6... Just going to catch up comments wise :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    This is going very slow tonight!!!

:o probably my fault. hadn't had time ti prewrite comments. sorry