Famous celebrities you respect MORE for staying out of the Tabloids...

2»

Comments

• user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Yep, definitely agree. Then, when they do decide to allow a bit of publicity it's all the more interesting than the eye rolling bore it becomes with a lot of them. I know that it's not always the celebs' fault that they get papped and I'm sure there are those who genuinely hate it. However, there are a sizeable number who thrive on it and simultaneously moan about it at the same time.
    It's usually "celebs" who need the publicity the most to stay in the public eye (z listers with a reality show/perfume/clothes range etc to promote) who cry the loudest about not having any privacy :rolleyes:
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cillian Murphy. He only shows up whenever he has a movie to promote and I know absolutely nothing about his private life. He is a very versatile actor and has managed to establish himself quietly. Many famous actors are huge attention seekers in their twenties (looking at you Colin Farrell) but then calm down as they get older.
    I know he looks better as a woman than most women do!:mad: :p So pretty... so talented! I love that he'll do a big blockbuster and then do a play.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    Is it Tilda Swinton you are thinking of?

Spot on. Thanks.:)
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cillian Murphy. He only shows up whenever he has a movie to promote and I know absolutely nothing about his private life. He is a very versatile actor and has managed to establish himself quietly. Many famous actors are huge attention seekers in their twenties (looking at you Colin Farrell) but then calm down as they get older.

Good shout - excellent actor.

There is an actor called Stephen Dillane - whom I've rarely see do an interview. He plays Stannis in Game of Thrones and was Thomas Jefferson in 'John Adams'. He has also been in Welcome to Sarajevo, The Hours and a few other films.
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicholas Lyndhurst, brilliant actor but keeps his private life private
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert Carlyle.

You very rarely see him in the papers. He works constantly, does interviews to promote his films, talks very little about his personal life, and from what I can gather, he's a really nice man.

Daniel Day-Lewis never courts the press either. Both of these two are great actors.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Anyone famous for an actual talent rather than mediawhores who have to rely on the tabs to keep them in the public eye.

This....

The talented have a body of work to be admired for. They don't need to be papped in Sainsburys or with their saggy norks out.

The one I always think of is Johnny Depp who did the visits to GOS and a school in Greenwich as Jack Sparrow with no publicity what so ever. He just wanted to make those kids smile :)
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Bush.

Sade: keeps a very low profile, rarely gives interviews, releases an album once in a while, rakes in a fortune from a tour every once in a while, then disappears again.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Bush.

Sade: keeps a very low profile, rarely gives interviews, releases an album once in a while, rakes in a fortune from a tour every once in a while, then disappears again.

Sade is lovely but she has rotten 'friends'.
    Please.....just don't ask.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bowie.

After the madness of the early years he always maintained it was easy to move around London as long as he avoided the obvious places. And when he met Iman she said he took her on a tour of Britain ( or England?) staying in B & B 's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    Are you serious :o

I am. I know they appear in the media a lot but they don't go around actively seeking the attention like other celebrities I could name.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Brody,the gellar-prinzes,neve campbell