X Factor - Ratings Thread

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
Forum Member
Quite early to start this, but it's a thread for posting ratings from the show (overnights and officials), and discussing what we think of those ratings.

As the show is not due to start until 18th August (most likely), I think we should discuss how well this series will do in the ratings based on all the changes & stuff we've heard about the contestants & judges, for now until the series starts.

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    I think it will start off with reasonable ratings

Before losing viewers and gaining the lowest series average since Series 1

I also Think SCD is gonna build upon its ratings rise from last year and completely overtake XF this year.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member

I also Think SCD is gonna build upon its ratings rise from last year and completely overtake XF this year.

It may continue last year's trend and lose viewers but not by that much, not by any stretch of the imagination.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be a buzz for the X Factor that Strictly doesn't have this year. We will see...
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    There seems to be a buzz for the X Factor that Strictly doesn't have this year. We will see...

We could be in with a shock...
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »

Really?

You mean ITV has put on a trail and there have been the usual crappy rumours - same as every year.
    Forum Member
    Well, based on the trailer, what ratings do you think it'll get now?

It happened with the Olympics. Many people predicted that the closing ceremony would get less viewers than the opening, it actually ended up getting more. And here, people believe that it'll do really badly in the ratings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    in all honesty the ads for x factor are hardly creating a buzz - the show should be looking forward, not reflecting on past contestants. its poor marketing and im not really feeling it this year. i hope to be surprised, talent is meant to be good, i just hope it lives up to the rumours..but - with a wave of old contestants returning - will it really be something fresh that we have not seen before?
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    well last year had the highest ever opener, i think this year will probably get either 2n'd or third opener. i think however we wont get another series which had as high ratings as series 7 in 2010 i think that was the peak of x factor. however i think we will get better viewing figures than last year although not by that much but i think it will be the second highest viewed series to date :)
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the first show will have a really good edit for Scherzinger, spurring people to tune in the next week based on word of mouth. And as soon as it hits the lives ratings will go down. Especially if they have a 'big twist'.
    Forum Member
    I think the first show will have a really good edit for Scherzinger, spurring people to tune in the next week based on word of mouth. And as soon as it hits the lives ratings will go down. Especially if they have a 'big twist'.

But if there is no 'big twist', then it's not likely the ratings will go down. It depends on the quality/type of contestants.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well last year had the highest ever opener, i think this year will probably get either 2n'd or third opener. i think however we wont get another series which had as high ratings as series 7 in 2010 i think that was the peak of x factor. however i think we will get better viewing figures than last year although not by that much but i think it will be the second highest viewed series to date :)

agree totally. series 7 is the peak of x factor. :D:p:p:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there seems to be interest in this year's edition...

but it will depend on the kind of contestants we have and their dynamic with the judges how high or low or mediocre the ratings will be...:eek::D:D
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »
    agree totally. series 7 is the peak of x factor. :D:p:p:cool:

Saying that because of 1D? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Saying that because of 1D? :D

:o:o...:o:o
    Forum Member

She wont be in it until Bootcamp will she?

It was all guest judges for the Auditions eg Geri, Mel B, Rita Ora etc
    Forum Member

She was made permanent judge near the end of the auditions.
    Forum Member
    Seeing the tweets/articles about the 'press launch', I'm more confident about this series.

What ratings did the opener get last year?
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Seeing the tweets/articles about the 'press launch', I'm more confident about this series.

What ratings did the opener get last year?

Not sure about last years opener rating but after seeing this press launch I have a lot of faith in this series hope I won't regret saying this.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member

Nicole had a guest judge slot and was later made the permanent judge with a few days of auditions to go.
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Nicole had a guest judge slot and was later made the permanent judge with a few days of auditions to go.

Ah ok.. I thought she wasn't announced until after the auditions but before the bootcamp.

But there was so many filling in it was difficult to keep up with the circus
    Forum Member
    Ratings for last years opener:

10.80m (45.7%) , +1: 504k (2.2%)
    * 5-min peak (exc. +1): 12.02m (48.7%)
    * 5-min peak (inc. +1): 12.63m (51.2%)

So if it does get lower than that, I believe there'll be a lot of criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member

Average for Series 1 was 6.9 million. I don't think it will be that bad!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    My guess is 10 million for 1st episode and about 9 million for average...
    Forum Member
    Well, many people predicted less than 20m for the Olympics closing ceremony, but peaked at well over that, so we never know, more people could tune in than we expect.
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope the ratings are much better this year.