Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Zane came to my work yesterday (randomly) seemed nice enough.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Was years ago, but I met Kelly Osbourne outside the studios of CD:UK after I'd been to a recording of the show. Was lovely to both me and my (then) girlfriend and spent 5 minutes chatting to us both, mostly about how she hated most of the filming for The Osbournes cos the cameramen were so rude! lol!
  • nina99nina99 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mayogirl wrote: »
    I'm so pleased that he is beginning to get some credit/notice at last. You should check out Party Animals on dvd if you haven' already seen it....brilliant series, and Andy is terrific in it.

Actually I recently bought the Party Animals DVD and really enjoyed it, especially Andy's performance. What a shame the Beeb didn't commission another series. Anyway, it's nice to think we can look forward to seeing Andy in "Cranford" this Christmas and "The sinking of the Laconia" next year.
  • roland82roland82 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I met Russell Brand on Big Mouth a few years back. Top bloke.
  • magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met a few tv personalities and politicians in my time:

- Pat Sharp - lovely guy. Sat next to him and Melanie and Martina when I went to see the illusionist David Copperfield at the SECC in Glasgow many years ago. They were lovely.

- Jimmy Logan (Death of a Salesman, On A Golden Pond, Scottish comedian) - sadly no longer with us, but a lovely man. Met him on several ocassions at various family events - he was an old friend of my cousins, and remembered me each time we met

- Russel Hunter (Callan, Doctor Who, various TV) again, friend of the family. Lovely guy. He once gave me his pudding at a wedding I was at, because he didn't like it. I've got a lovely photo of me (eating his pudding) while he was standing over me smiling

- Una McLean (various Scottish Actress) very chatty, little bit posh

- Gordon Brown (PM) spent the day with Gordon Brown and Nick Brown (chief whip at the time) in the summer of 1998, just after Labour got into power. We had been invited to tour the houses of parliament, number 10 and number 11 as I went to school in Gordon Brown's constituency, and he had close links with the school. Both men had plenty of time for us, answered lots of questions, and let us get our photos taken standing at the gold box where the PM stands in the commons.

- Les Dennis (Family Fortunes) met him backstage at a pantomime he was doing in Edinburgh. Spent ages chatting to him, very nice guy, very funny.

- Eric Cullen (Wee Burnie in Rab C Nesbitt) I met Eric backstage at another panto, on the day he had just got a pet chihuahua, he was friendly, but quite sullen and reserved. This was before all the trouble he had with the papers, and his subsequent death.

- Annie Ross (Jazz singer) another good friend of the family. Met her at a concert at the Lochgelly Centre in Fife many years ago. Friendly, old, and very showbiz

- Prince Naseem (Boxer) didn't speak to Prince Nas, as he was out walking past the Crucible theatre in Sheffield with his wife and (at the time) new born baby.

- Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee - lovely couple. Had a coffee with Debbie pre-show at a show they were doing at the Edinburgh Fringe. Chatty, down to earth, and very friendly.

- Jerry Sadowitz - met Jerry at his 'day job' working in a magic shop in London. Fantastic magician, but miserable g*t.

I've also met a few other Scottish TV personalities through my cousin, who is an actress (Jan Wilson), mainly ones she's acted with, Gerard Kelly, Iain McColl, David Anderson, and Andy Gray.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    also Ronnie Corbett (small guy from the 2 Ronnie's) apparently blanks all fans and fan-mail, and is utterly horrible. He is only nice when he's on camera.

Not in my experience. Used to go with my mum regularly to the Alexandra Theatre in Birmingham in the mid 70s, they had a touring play on there each week, and we'd either go to the Stage Door directly afterwards, or to the Theatre Bar, to meet the stars and get autographs etc..

Ronnie Corbett was very nice to us both when we saw him in the theatre bar . I was taller than him and my mum.. we talked for a while and he signed my programme. He was pleased when I told him I liked his Ronnie In The Chair solo spots..

I can't remember this far on, if he bought us a drink each or if we bought him one, but as I said I have nothing but great memories of this encounter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I met Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith and Mark Gatiss (League of Gentlemen) a few years ago, at the back door of the theatre where they were appearing in Art.

All really nice guys, happy to sign autographs and pose for pics. Was quite funny cos they came out brandishing their own markers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Josie Lawrence was in our local Sainsbury's yesterday, my mom (who was working on the next till) said to the woman that served her, 'You've just served a celeb!' and she said 'Josie who?':rolleyes:

My sisters met her a few times and said she's really lovely. So nice that a shithole like round here has a resident celeb. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK rather bizzare one this one....

I was at London Zoo with my children when I heard someone talking with a booming welsh accent, I looked round and it was Neil Kinnock with his Grandchildren.

I then walked about another 100 yards and saw Gordon Brown with some other politicians. I went over to him and spoke to him for a while, He was very polite and happy to talk. He shook my sons hand and wished us all the best.

When we got home later that day we popped into Tesco and litterally bumped into Stephen Fry. Who was polite but a little uncomfortable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    Anthony Cotton told my mother he didn't ''do'' fans when she asked him for his autograph in the trafford centre last summer!

Everything I read about this guy suggests he's a complete and utter beep!

He doesn't 'do' fans but doesn't mind opening new Poundshops and meeting people there (as long s hes paid). Glad his god-awful TV career never took off. He was alright in Queer AsFolk but never liked him in anything else. You can envisage him being fussy and bitchy about everything. The stories that come back seem to cement it. :eek:
  • koloisadkoloisad Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Used to know Bruce Jones who played Les Battersby, was normally a decent bloke, but turned into Les Battersby when he been drinking, kept getting barred from pubs. Also knew Keith Clifford who was in last of the summer wine and northern lights, and he is a real gentleman. Seen Victoria Beckham shopping in M & S and she seemed really nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    met 'Big Ron' Ron Atkinson in Dubai, he was with his wife and another couple, sat next to them in the bar,
    what a charming man and his wife was lovely, all very friendly and alot of fun.
    Posed for pictures with us and were generally very friendly and sincere, had a laugh with them!
    Such a pity he's not on tv much anymore,he is an extremely witty man!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quentin Crisp, horrible man. Treated me like I was a piece of s**t.
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nices
    Leo Sayer (absolute sweetie)
    Jason Donavan
    Trev and Simon (sweethearts)
    Richard Harris (legend, dressed like a tramp)
    Hans Matheson (would, in a heartbeat)
    Phil Oakley, very in the lovelies and has good taste in books

Nasties
    Samantha Morton (Stop flashing your minge love, I've seen if four times already this week and it doesn't get any less, well, minging. Screamed like a banshee all the time too, shut the eff up. And her backstory has been 'tittivated'. Okay, it's a pack of lies.

Amnda Holden: Anvil faced bitch.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nices
    Leo Sayer (absolute sweetie)
    Jason Donavan
    Trev and Simon (sweethearts)
    Richard Harris (legend, dressed like a tramp)
    Hans Matheson (would, in a heartbeat)
    Phil Oakley, very in the lovelies and has good taste in books

Nasties
    Samantha Morton (Stop flashing your minge love, I've seen if four times already this week and it doesn't get any less, well, minging. Screamed like a banshee all the time too, shut the eff up. And her backstory has been 'tittivated'. Okay, it's a pack of lies.

Amnda Holden: Anvil faced bitch.

You've seen Samantha Morton's minge 4 times this week already?! :eek: I'm trying to work out what you do for a living but even a bikini waxer wouldn't need to do someone 4 times in a week :D I'm very intrigued :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    I would love Viggo to make time for me!:p

Same here!!!!!!! Gorgeous inside and out!!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    koloisad wrote: »
    Used to know Bruce Jones who played Les Battersby, was normally a decent bloke, but turned into Les Battersby when he been drinking, kept getting barred from pubs. Also knew Keith Clifford who was in last of the summer wine and northern lights, and he is a real gentleman. Seen Victoria Beckham shopping in M & S and she seemed really nice.
    You must live near me, Bruce Jones was always drunk as a skunk in the local pub, slagging off everyone and anyone in Coronation Street. He was actually very intimidating when he was drunk but I met him through work once and he was sober then, and not that bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Ok. Over the years.

Nice Guys......Rock Hudson, Glenn Ford, Elaine Stritch, Rod Stewart, Brit Ekland, Eric Morcambe, Dudley Moore, Art Garfunkel, Keith Baron, Mallandra Burrows, Kate Thornton, The Chuckle Brothers, Esther McVey.

Not so nice

Noel Edmonds, Davina McCall, Nick Faldo, Jim Bowen, Claire Rayner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Mr Obseen wrote: »
    Alex Zane came to my work yesterday (randomly) seemed nice enough.

You SO work at the same place as me! This Year I have met through work:

Claudia Winkleman - Brilliant really nice lady, spent most of the day with her and she was hilarious and really down to earth

Alex Zane - Yes he was a top guy, really genuine

James Corden - OK but if youre not a woman of a certain age he is not really interested

Davina McCall - She was brilliant, really really nice, took her time to speak to everyone and sign autographs/have her pic taken

Ross Kemp - Yeah he was OK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    You've seen Samantha Morton's minge 4 times this week already?! :eek: I'm trying to work out what you do for a living but even a bikini waxer wouldn't need to do someone 4 times in a week :D I'm very intrigued :confused:

Fortunately I don't have to see the lovely Miss Morons bits any more but she is more than a bit partial to a bit of flashing, I seem to remember she was particularly partial to flashing in pub cark parks. Getting her to keep her clothes ON is the problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and Graham Norton who was an absolute utter sweet heart. I loved him and I want to adopt him and I met his Mum too who was super chuffed he'd been recognised and was all proud. I want to adopt her too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this has been posted before but it's a link to a forum where cabin crew talk about what celebs they have had on their flights and if they are nice/nasty etc. :)

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this has been posted before but it's a link to a forum where cabin crew talk about what celebs they have had on their flights and if they are nice/nasty etc. :)

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

there is a surprise Ms Black is mentioned as being nasty as opposed to nice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    there is a surprise Ms Black is mentioned as being nasty as opposed to nice!

I have heard for someone who worked on her house that she is up herself and bitchy so that did not surprise me :D.

Sounds like she is a bit of a boozer aswell, spilling her Champers and sitting in it, thats not very classy Miss Black :p
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭