Network Security Key

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
Where is it?

I'm told it's an 8 digit number on my router label. But the only one I could see didn't work.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make and model of router would help.

I assume you are referring to the WIFi security key? These are commonly put on a label on the underside of the router. However they can be changed in the config of the router if you can get into that.

If you don't know how to get into the config of the router then post the make and model of router and we may be able to point you in the right direction.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Make and model of router would help.

I assume you are referring to the WIFi security key? These are commonly put on a label on the underside of the router. However they can be changed in the config of the router if you can get into that.

If you don't know how to get into the config of the router then post the make and model of router and we may be able to point you in the right direction.

It's a Belkin.
    Model F5D8236-4v1

is what it says on the bottom.
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This article shows you how to find your wireless password:-

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=3774

Did you buy this router second-hand? If not, then it should either be unprotected, or use the key on the label under the router (sometimes also called a WPA-PSK key).
  • b.leverb.lever Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenith wrote: »
    This article shows you how to find your wireless password:-

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=3774

Did you buy this router second-hand? If not, then it should either be unprotected, or use the key on the label under the router (sometimes also called a WPA-PSK key).

Can you send me info on resetting my netgear one its the wgr
    614 for cable ,I have also lost my network key .
  • jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,627
    Forum Member
    b.lever wrote: »
    Can you send me info on resetting my netgear one its the wgr
    614 for cable ,I have also lost my network key .

Hi there's some information on this forum about that. Apparently you'll need to be able to set up the unit from scratch when this is done.