Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    What IS Michonne doing to Beth in that pic?!! :eek::p

Forget that - what is Daryl doing to Glen:eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be so much fun to make this show. No wonder no actor wants to leave the damn thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This pic is ace.. Norman Reedus tweeted this pic of Carol and Michonne

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f86a4205a92f3215aa088d2ad6b3b761/tumblr_mkn4r9YKVj1qmbfcdo1_1280.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    loracan wrote: »
    I don't remember seeing this bit?http://oi48.tinypic.com/nz3ps3.jpg

I like how the adults are trying to be gangsta, but Carl is like "what the hell are you are all doing?" :D
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Probably whispering "penis" in his,ear. He does like to do that when the cameras are about.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Oh, one other thing which I just remembered, which seems to support the idea that they're back where they started...

Doesn't Rick actually know the Governor from before Z-day?

Didn't he refer to him as "just the town drunk" a couple of times?

I can't recall whether somebody told him that during the show or whether he's speaking from experience though TBH.

He didn't mean it literally, he was just saying it to show what kind of person he thought the governor was.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Probably whispering "penis" in his,ear. He does like to do that when the cameras are about.

Lol - he's very naughty:D
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I don't know where you get 3 years moving around Georgia...

This is a time line and here are some landmarks i've picked out.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

Day +14 - Shane visits Rick in the hospital. The military is shooting staff. The power is on at the hospital but goes out due to an explosion. Shane listens for Rick’s heartbeat. The walkers roam the halls of the hospital. Shane leaves Rick and blocks the door with a bed. (s1 ep6)

Day +30 - The French come close to finding a cure according to Jenner at the CDC. Jenner loses outside communication. Electrical Grid is lost. (s1 ep6)

Day +53 - Lori starts suggesting to Shane to post signs on Hwy 85 to warn people away from Atlanta. (s1 ep1)

Day +60 - Rick wakes up in the hospital and has a drink of water. He tries to use the phone and gets no dial-tone. He leaves the hospital and sees multitudes of dead bodies. Rick is brought back to Morgan and Duane's house. Morgan explains everything to Rick what happened. (s1 ep1)

Day +61 - Morgan & Duane go with Rick to his house in the morning and find food, water, blankets & family photo albums gone, Duane suggests Rick's family is in Atlanta, Morgan suggests the CDC is the safest place. (s1 ep1)
    Rick leaves for Atlanta, Rick makes a radio transmission on Hwy 85 which the quarry camp hears. The Atlanta group tries to contact him, but failed. Rick runs out of gas, finds dead people at a farm house and gets a horse. Rick arrives in Atlanta on horseback and sees a helicopter reflection. He follows and encounters a giant herd of walkers. He takes refuge inside a tank. He makes radio contact with Glenn. Rick escapes from the tank and meets Glenn and 5 others (s1 ep2). Rick arrives and finally reunites with Lori and Carl. Later there is a campfire discussion about Merle. Lori and Rick have sex at night. Jim has a strange dream.

**********I'll skip lots as this is taking a while**********

Day +67 - A herd of zombies approach the group. A walker attacks Andrea in the RV, which she kills with a screwdriver. T-dog is injured and Sophia is chased by two walkers into the woods.

Day +68 - Rick approaches a farmhouse, where an older man, Hershel, meets him on the front porch with his daughters Maggie and Beth, Beth's boyfriend Jimmy, and Patricia, Otis's girlfriend.

Day +72 - In the morning the group is eating breakfast. Glenn announces to the group that there are walkers in the barn. The group investigates with Shane taking the lead. Rick decides to talk to Hershel about the walkers after Dale reveals Hershel thinks they are sick people. Rick shoots walker Sophia.

Day +81 - Dale get's attacked by a walker, Daryl shoots Dale in the head.

Day +82 - Rick, Shane, Glen and Daryl split up to look for Randall in the woods. Glen and Daryl encounter, and kill, a walker who turns out to be Randall. Shane pulls a gun on Rick after being confronted about the real motive for their searching for Randall together. During the stand off, Rick stabs Shane and kills him. He reanimates moments later, confirming to Rick that they are all already infected (s2 ep12), as whispered to him by Dr Jenner in the CDC. Later, almost at the brink of midnight, a herd of walkers migrating through the woods hear Carl's gunshot and move towards the sound.

The farm get's over run by walkers etc... people die, people run away, Dale's RV gets torched as it's next to the barn.

Day +83 - The group reconvenes at the freeway. They head east until Rick's SUV runs out of gas. They set up a camp. Elsewhere, Andrea is fighting off walkers when Michonne saves her from a walker that had her pinned on the ground. That night, Rick's group is at the fire when they hear a branch snap. The group begin to want either to leave or search out any walkers. Rick uses this event as an opportunity to lay down the rules under his leadership. In the background looms a large prison-like structure. (s2 ep13)

This is where things get sketchy, first outbreak was 60 days BEFORE Rick wakes up in the hospital.

Season 3 begins around 300 days after first outbreak and the time line runs out at day 319 which is around s3 ep13. So tack a few days on to take them upto s3 ep16 and you're looking at about 321/322 days since the first outbreak.

Sorry for the length of this.

Allow me to give you a time-line of my own.

The show started in 2010.

It's 2013 now.

Thus they have been travelling around for the 3 years of the show.

I am fully aware that it doesn't take place over a period of 3 years.
    You only have to realise that for there to be a possibility that Shane is the father of Lori's baby, the vast majority of it only takes place over a period of 9 months.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

... and how cool does the Govenor look there ?

So glad he lived to die another day
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how the adults are trying to be gangsta, but Carl is like "what the hell are you are all doing?" :D

hehe ... you're right !

... and what about that fella in the background, stacking boxes ? ... he looks very 'un-gangsta' too :D
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I don't know where you get 3 years moving around Georgia...

This is a time line and here are some landmarks i've picked out.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_Show_Timeline

Day +14 - Shane visits Rick in the hospital. The military is shooting staff. The power is on at the hospital but goes out due to an explosion. Shane listens for Rick’s heartbeat. The walkers roam the halls of the hospital. Shane leaves Rick and blocks the door with a bed. (s1 ep6)

Day +30 - The French come close to finding a cure according to Jenner at the CDC. Jenner loses outside communication. Electrical Grid is lost. (s1 ep6)

Day +53 - Lori starts suggesting to Shane to post signs on Hwy 85 to warn people away from Atlanta. (s1 ep1)

Day +60 - Rick wakes up in the hospital and has a drink of water. He tries to use the phone and gets no dial-tone. He leaves the hospital and sees multitudes of dead bodies. Rick is brought back to Morgan and Duane's house. Morgan explains everything to Rick what happened. (s1 ep1)

Day +61 - Morgan & Duane go with Rick to his house in the morning and find food, water, blankets & family photo albums gone, Duane suggests Rick's family is in Atlanta, Morgan suggests the CDC is the safest place. (s1 ep1)
    Rick leaves for Atlanta, Rick makes a radio transmission on Hwy 85 which the quarry camp hears. The Atlanta group tries to contact him, but failed. Rick runs out of gas, finds dead people at a farm house and gets a horse. Rick arrives in Atlanta on horseback and sees a helicopter reflection. He follows and encounters a giant herd of walkers. He takes refuge inside a tank. He makes radio contact with Glenn. Rick escapes from the tank and meets Glenn and 5 others (s1 ep2). Rick arrives and finally reunites with Lori and Carl. Later there is a campfire discussion about Merle. Lori and Rick have sex at night. Jim has a strange dream.

**********I'll skip lots as this is taking a while**********

Day +67 - A herd of zombies approach the group. A walker attacks Andrea in the RV, which she kills with a screwdriver. T-dog is injured and Sophia is chased by two walkers into the woods.

Day +68 - Rick approaches a farmhouse, where an older man, Hershel, meets him on the front porch with his daughters Maggie and Beth, Beth's boyfriend Jimmy, and Patricia, Otis's girlfriend.

Day +72 - In the morning the group is eating breakfast. Glenn announces to the group that there are walkers in the barn. The group investigates with Shane taking the lead. Rick decides to talk to Hershel about the walkers after Dale reveals Hershel thinks they are sick people. Rick shoots walker Sophia.

Day +81 - Dale get's attacked by a walker, Daryl shoots Dale in the head.

Day +82 - Rick, Shane, Glen and Daryl split up to look for Randall in the woods. Glen and Daryl encounter, and kill, a walker who turns out to be Randall. Shane pulls a gun on Rick after being confronted about the real motive for their searching for Randall together. During the stand off, Rick stabs Shane and kills him. He reanimates moments later, confirming to Rick that they are all already infected (s2 ep12), as whispered to him by Dr Jenner in the CDC. Later, almost at the brink of midnight, a herd of walkers migrating through the woods hear Carl's gunshot and move towards the sound.

The farm get's over run by walkers etc... people die, people run away, Dale's RV gets torched as it's next to the barn.

Day +83 - The group reconvenes at the freeway. They head east until Rick's SUV runs out of gas. They set up a camp. Elsewhere, Andrea is fighting off walkers when Michonne saves her from a walker that had her pinned on the ground. That night, Rick's group is at the fire when they hear a branch snap. The group begin to want either to leave or search out any walkers. Rick uses this event as an opportunity to lay down the rules under his leadership. In the background looms a large prison-like structure. (s2 ep13)

This is where things get sketchy, first outbreak was 60 days BEFORE Rick wakes up in the hospital.

Season 3 begins around 300 days after first outbreak and the time line runs out at day 319 which is around s3 ep13. So tack a few days on to take them upto s3 ep16 and you're looking at about 321/322 days since the first outbreak.

Sorry for the length of this.

No problem
    Thanks for that, I thought that I was going mad with people mentioning 3 years:confused:
    My comment re. Lori's pregnancy was meant to be a little jest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 2013 now.

When has 2013 even been mentioned?

Its 2010/2011 still in the show.

(Just ignore the 2013 release cars they drive around) :o
    Forum Member
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    When has 2013 even been mentioned?

Its 2010/2011 still in the show.

(Just ignore the 2013 release cars they drive around) :o

Are you just ignoring big lumps of my posts in order to make your replies worthwhile?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you just ignoring big lumps of my posts in order to make your replies worthwhile?

Most of you're post is wrong.
    Forum Member

Such as?
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Si Crewe is merely pointing out that the show has been on for three years, not that that time has passed in the show. What's difficult to understand?!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Care to explain? They even explained how they know the show has taken place within a shorter time span than 3 years, and that they were referring to the amount of time the show has been on.

How is that wrong? :confused:

They never once said that 2013 has been mentioned in the show. As said, you have cut out the part of their post that confirms what they meant to suit your own needs.
    Si Crewe is merely pointing out that the show has been on for three years, not that that time has passed in the show. What's difficult to understand?!

I thought this too. And then Si Crewe actually confirmed this, yet some people insist on still misinterpreting the original post.
  • spubbbbaspubbbba Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry everyone but I thought the finale was awful. It just felt a bit flat to me. It was gearing up for a big battle which imo we didn't get.

I do enjoy the show but felt the finale was a huge let down. I'm glad other folk enjoyed it though.

I feel the same way.

The 1st half of season 3 was fantastic. But since it came back it’s been mostly filler episodes that I had thought were building up to an epic showdown. But the battle in the prison was lame, did anyone even get shot inside the prison with all those bullets flying about?

I wish they’d spent more time showing us Michonne’s background or Tyresse’s group. They could have spent time introducing them. That way they could have kept up the action and we’d have actually been invested in those of that group who died, before and after getting to the prison.

The only main character to go was Andrea and they’d spent this season alienating her from the audience so I hardly cared. Her stupidity in spending more time chatting than getting the pliers was a fitting end to her.

Now we’ve got a whole bunch of kids and old people moving into the prison that we know nothing about. I fear they will end up being yet more fodder to kill off like the prison survivors and the governor’s henchmen.

I hope they get back to the zombies being the focus in season 4 rather than fighting other humans. They have a lot more mouths to feed and resources will be starting to run out nearby at some stage.
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    Deleted :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Care to explain? They even explained how they know the show has taken place within a shorter time span than 3 years, and that they were referring to the amount of time the show has been on.

How is that wrong? :confused:

They never once said that 2013 has been mentioned in the show. As said, you have cut out the part of their post that confirms what they meant to suit your own needs.

I thought this too. And then Si Crewe actually confirmed this, yet some people insist on still misinterpreting the original post.

I actually just thought Si Crewe said the show had been on for 3 years. Mis-read it. Plus i also shorten quotes for the sake of having a long post.

No need to jump on my back you bunch of pukes.
    Forum Member
    I actually just thought Si Crewe said the show had been on for 3 years. Mis-read it. Plus i also shorten quotes for the sake of having a long post.

No worries.

As I originally said, pages back, I just don't really like the way it creates a "camping in your back yard" feeling to the show.

It seems like they started off, basically, in Atlanta and their wandering has taken them a grand total of about 20 miles (excluding the distance - which I don't think we know - from Rick's house) to the prison.

If they were travelling across country it'd explain why they were all a bit clueless about everything but the thing with Rick popping back to his hometown really makes you wonder why nobody's come up with any ideas for what they should do next.

It'd be kind of like me leading a bunch of people around Dumfries & Galloway without being able to offer any kind of advice or suggestions about where might be a safe place, where to find fuel, supplies or medical facilities etc.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's a great show.
    I just think that part was a bit clumsily written.
  • Flubber.Flubber. Posts: 2,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it and disliked it. My immediate thought after they came across the governors carnage was why they didnt take the bloody army trucks back to the prison instead of the school bus :confused:

I get why they didnt have a big ending like season 2 because if you do that every season it becomes repetitive but it did feel a little flat so hoping that season 4's opener will be of a epic proportion.

I loved the andrea scenes apart from literally shouting at her to talk to milton at the same time as picking up the pliers!

overall 6-7/10 but I do think their playing a slow game here and that the prison ending will happen in the mid season break of season 4.
    Forum Member
    Flubber. wrote: »
    I liked it and disliked it. My immediate thought after they came across the governors carnage was why they didnt take the bloody army trucks back to the prison instead of the school bus :confused:

At the start of S3 Milton tells the Governor that they've got 70-something people in Woodberry.
    I know that, later on, Milton gives him a run-down of all the people who're capable of joining his militia but I don't think the number of people Merle kills + the number of people the Gov' killed + the handful of people who got off the bus equals 70-odd people in total.

I dunno if it just looks that way because they didn't have the required number of extras but it seems feasible that a bunch of people might have chosen to remain in Woodberry and so Rick decided not to just "steal all their stuff".
    And, of course, that might explain why they went back to the prison rather than taking over Woodberry, if there were still people resident there.

If that is the case it's not a very smart decision because there's nothing to stop the Gov' finding a bunch of new recruits (The group of 30-odd from New York might well still be out there somewhere), taking them back to Woodberry, loading up his ma deuce and going back to the prison for round 2 but Rick doesn't always make the smartest choices.

Course, even if there ARE still people in Woodberry, maybe they've finally realised that the Gov' is a nutcase and would just use any remaining weaponry they have to slot him on sight?