Forum Member
✭✭✭
my signal comes from sutton in west mids

an most of the channels stick an freeze

why is this am i the only one

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    It sounds like a reception problem rather than a fault with your television.

Can you recieve acceptable Freeview reception from another digital reciever, such as a set-top box?

How old are the existing television cable runs in your house? are they up to standard?

The same applies to your aerial, too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may be that the in-built amplifier is turned on, try turning it off if it's on.
    Forum Member
    It may be that the in-built amplifier is turned on, try turning it off if it's on.

I have an LG LCD TV and the amplifier is not for the RF modulator, it is for the loop-through, so i wouldn't have thought that was an issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-p-d wrote: »
    I have an LG LCD TV and the amplifier is not for the RF modulator, it is for the loop-through, so i wouldn't have thought that was an issue.
    Just a suggestiong, my friend in London had problems and i spotted that setting turned it off and voila! perfect Freeview reception.
  • mgbgtmgbgt Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Guys,

I've just got hold of one of these TVs (LG 32LC2D) and I'm experiencing the exact same problem - Freeview channels on the TV receiver are freezing or blocky at times, but my Freeview PVR signal is still fine.

Can you tell me how to turn off this built in amplifier - I had looked through the manual but I'm obviously going right past the relevant page.

Your help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Forum Member
    mgbgt wrote: »
    Guys,

I've just got hold of one of these TVs (LG 32LC2D) and I'm experiencing the exact same problem - Freeview channels on the TV receiver are freezing or blocky at times, but my Freeview PVR signal is still fine.

Can you tell me how to turn off this built in amplifier - I had looked through the manual but I'm obviously going right past the relevant page.

Your help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

Just noticed in an online manual that there is a 'Booster' option in the 'Station' page of the menu - is this what you are referring to when talking about the built-in amplifier? Got a funny feeling this isn't available on my model, in which case I am scr**ed!!! :(:(
  • anthony47anthony47 Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    I have a 40" Samsung LCD and the same type of problems have been affecting me for about 6/7 weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guys thanks so much for all your input to my topic

since i posted this topic ive called in the people at commet an the bloke stuck a lap top into the set an gave my tv a update software an since then its been great
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ring the people you got the tv from an get them to come to your house an give you a update software wise

it does the trick
    Forum Member
    This is becoming increasingly bizarre!:eek:

I checked my TV again when I got home yesterday evening - when in digital mode on the TV, the images on BBC1 & BBC2 were freezing or blocky. I decided to go right through every digital channel I was receiving to see how many were suffering the same effects - total was zero! I then checked BBC1 & BBC2 again, and they seemed fine - confused? You can imagine how I was feeling too. BTW, definitely don't have this 'Booster' option in the menu. There are actually quite a lot of the menu options which are greyed out, but I'm assuming/hoping they will become available when I use the TV in different modes.

Maybe my TV is just temperamental and I'll have to live with this. The other thing I've noticed is that the TV picture always jumps from left to right and back slightly. It isn't really noticeable when the broadcast image is a moving one anyway, but when the broadcast image is stationary, it can get a little annoying.

I got my TV online from empiredirect, so I can't see them having the same customer service as Comet. Is there a menu option that shows which software version you have on your TV? I may investigate doing the download myself at some point.

I have to say, I feel the picture quality on the LG from any source (have a Thomson PVR hooked up) is noticeably inferior to my previous Sharp CRT, but it was ready to explode soon and I had to make the jump to LCD at some point.

Cheers
    Forum Member
    No! do not turn off the amplifier on the TV - plug the aerial directly into the TV, and then loop it into your other set-top box - that way, the TV will get the better signal, and will amplify it so that your set-top box has a decent signal, too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Guys

The booster built in to this TV is to provide power to a masthead amp; it is not a signal booster.

Firing voltage up the cable could break devices further up the chain - permanently.

At your own risk!

Andy

PS I have the same model and it's working fine (sorry).
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same model and my Freeview is fine, apart from sound dropouts every so often.
    Forum Member
    mandomac wrote: »
    Guys

The booster built in to this TV is to provide power to a masthead amp; it is not a signal booster.

Firing voltage up the cable could break devices further up the chain - permanently.

At your own risk!

Andy

PS I have the same model and it's working fine (sorry).

I meant to ask this the other week but forgot - if you feed the aerial to the TV first, then your other boxes, but ensure the '5v antenna power' option is OFF, will that not be okay? Is that not just swapping the order in which each device receives the signal, so no need to worry about knackering devices further down the chain after the TV? I realise I may be missing something obvious here....:D