In the uk? Do you think

Comments

• catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What channel was it on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    It was on ITV2 to start with, later seasons on Sky Atlantic.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cus it was crap?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Like all US shows the schedule gets messed around with so much that no one knows when it's airing. Added to the fact that the UK has no set TV season whatsoever - your programmes could air at any time of the year on any day in any timeslot, you would need to set calendar reminders in order to remember them all!
    I wish they would create a set TV season with set primetime slots and stick to them, it would make things so much easier.

I think Entourage does deserve to be more popular as it is quite a good show once you get into it
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea - it is one of the best TV shows of the last 20 years. 10 times better than any of the crap ITV/BBC/C4 put out. Jeremy Piven was superb as Ari and I don't think any group of friends have built up a relationship with viewers in the same way as Vince, E, Turtle and Drama have since Friends.

It got messed around on the TV schedules, often stuck in at stupid o clock on ITV2.

Just buy the DVDs so you can watch them uncut. UK Tv companies just butcher quality shows like Entourage and Dexter anyway.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It wasn't all that popular in the states either. Had a lot of critical acclaim but middling ratings.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainly because it used to be on ITV2 at 11.30 or some such.

I know in this day and age of Sky+ and V+ and Tivo it shouldn't make a difference but it does.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    cus it was crap?

Exactly. I tried to watch but Christ, it was a load of shite to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Didn't ITV2 only show the first few seasons before dropping it? If I'm not mistaken it didn't have a broadcaster until the Sky/HBO deal...
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it was utter tripe.
  • jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance Sky Atlantic will show this from the beginning...?
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Because it was utter tripe.

Well that's where you're wrong. Superb show.
  • philleesphillees Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Well that's where you're wrong. Superb show.

Totally agree mate.
    If sky had had it from the beginning it would have got a decent time slot instead of those middle of the night ones ITV used to give it !!
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea - it is one of the best TV shows of the last 20 years. 10 times better than any of the crap ITV/BBC/C4 put out. Jeremy Piven was superb as Ari and I don't think any group of friends have built up a relationship with viewers in the same way as Vince, E, Turtle and Drama have since Friends.

It got messed around on the TV schedules, often stuck in at stupid o clock on ITV2.

Just buy the DVDs so you can watch them uncut. UK Tv companies just butcher quality shows like Entourage and Dexter anyway.

I did love the show but one of the best shows of the last 20 years? Come on man. Seriously now. Go watch some real TV...

They should've renamed it 'The Ari' show, once they'd cottoned onto how awesome a character he was. Kudos to Piven for making it.

And where did the guy who played Vince go? His lack of screen time anywhere else goes to show what a rotten actor he is. Same goes for Turtle...