Is Little Mix flopping?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
Forum Member
✭✭
You know that someone finally should create this one :D
But seriously looks like their debut album gonna sell less than Flop Cardle did last year :eek:

Comments

• Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were up against Rihanna though :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    midweeks please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan11 wrote: »
    They were up against Rihanna though :eek:

It shouldn't influence sales. In the week of release Cardle sold 70k and i don't think LM will sell that much.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    They're a girlband though.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they have had a number one single with Wings, a number three single with DNA and have had strong competition on the album chart, and apart from 1 X-Factor performance they haven't had a lot of promo and it is a lot harder for Girl Groups. They had sold 22k by Monday evening.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think Little Mix and Amelia will be around in 2013 none of the 2012 acts will
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    At least they have 2 #1's and a top 3. Also a top 10 single in Australia (Wings charted at #6)

But Syco have been incredibly lazy with this campaign...it's obvious the girls are not a main priority on the label. This is the problem...they expect an x factor performance and a couple of tweets to solve everything but it doesn't work like that.

The girls will never do a '1D' because they're a girlgroup, they have to work harder and be promoted harder.

The album will probably stay in the top 5 come Sunday, it's good for a new girlgroup...but in XF terms it's disappointing.

Overall they have not flopped yet. As long as the album makes platinum they'll be fine.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn: No

First Two singles go straight to #1

The next goes to #3

The album looks like going top 5.

For a new girlband a top 5 debut album in the busiest time of the year for music is very good.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just don't "work" really. Their image is all wrong, their music mediocre. I think the problem might be that in the short term their non-glamorous image and styling might make them identifiable for teenage girls but most girlbands with any degree of success have an image that girls want to aspire to. If they don't have strong music then the image is all it's about really. They just look cheap most of the time and the unflattering outfits do them no favours, especially the tubby one.

Most kids can see a bunch of ordinary girls like this any day of the week and without memorable songs there is nothing to hook people in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Wings had flopped about not sold close or over 400k then yes it's be terrible.

But Wings did well. DNA so-so.

The album could be doing a Cher Llyod or even Girls Aloud when they're debut came out.

Of course, you'll get replies who say they arnt working. They've been saying that since before Wings. Just like fans have said no since before.

But the singles are the save.

I don't like Cardles post winner single did very well on top of the album.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha no, they're really not. #1 'Wings' has sold approx 350k and is rising up the charts again and DNA sold 72k in it's first week alone, these are very impressive figures, especially for a girl group. The album is at #4 which is a little disappointing, but we know it sold 22k on yesterdays midweeks so it will have a respectable total come Sunday. I believe their tour is selling very well too. They're certainly not flopping, I would say the opposite really, they're doing quite well, better than I think most people would have predicted when they won XF.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    At least they have 2 #1's and a top 3. Also a top 10 single in Australia (Wings charted at #6)

But Syco have been incredibly lazy with this campaign...it's obvious the girls are not a main priority on the label. This is the problem...they expect an x factor performance and a couple of tweets to solve everything but it doesn't work like that.

The girls will never do a '1D' because they're a girlgroup, they have to work harder and be promoted harder.

The album will probably stay in the top 5 come Sunday, it's good for a new girlgroup...but in XF terms it's disappointing.

Overall they have not flopped yet. As long as the album makes platinum they'll be fine.

#3 :)

And I agree everything in this post tbh.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've done better than The Saturdays...
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the unflattering outfits do them no favours, especially the tubby one.

It really really annoys me how in every post you make about LM you call Jesy that. When she isn't at all. If thats what you call "tubby" I would hate to see what you think is normal :rolleyes:
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    #3 :)

And I agree everything in this post tbh.

Wasn't it #3 on itunes but in the official charts #6?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it #3 on itunes but in the official charts #6?

No it charted #6 officially in its 3rd week then climbed to #3 the following week thanks to their XF performance. I think it peaked at #2 on iTunes.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate wings. Such a generic and horrible song. I turn the radio everytime it comes on.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they are not.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they are not. People need to remember that they ARE a girlband.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they are not. People need to remember that they ARE a girlband.

I'm not sure that is a good excuse. Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, Destiny's Child, All saints were all successful girlbands.

LM are not flopping though, they're not doing too badly.
  • OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure that is a good excuse. Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, Destiny's Child, All saints were all successful girlbands.

But they are up against a really successful solo singer Rihanna, so yeah I'd say that is a good excuse.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure that is a good excuse. Spice Girls, Girls Aloud Destiny's Child, All saints were all successful girlbands.

But if you look at all of the girlbands you've listed, probably besides The Spice Girls, all of their debut album chart positions aren't as good as their future releases.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    It really really annoys me how in every post you make about LM you call Jesy that. When she isn't at all. If thats what you call "tubby" I would hate to see what you think is normal :rolleyes:
    There's nothing wrong with being tubby!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But they are up against a really successful solo singer Rihanna, so yeah I'd say that is a good excuse.

Again flopping is not particularly about the chart position. It's about the sales and now looks like that they won't sell very much in the week of release. Of course it's all about the longevity, but in XF terms first week sales will be disappointing and currently going towards floppy XF winners males road ;) of course everything could change if their next single is great, because now their second single is already falling quite fast and won't help to sell albums :)
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They only one because Tulisa played the "girl power" card and the tweenies fell for it.

They were never pop group material.