Why do people hate One Direction?

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
Forum Member
I don't see what people have against them.

Comments

• Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate them. It's just not my type of music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I don't see what people have against them.

really???????
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    So many answers, so little time......
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really???????

Do they really impact your life THAT much?:rolleyes:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Because they're popular and their fans.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it mainly their fans that people dislike? I mean the boys themselves are just pretty and making kiddy pop music, but their fans think they're something special.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate them. They do what boybands do and they do it well to be fair. I don't like their music but I see the appeal. If I had been 12/13 I probably would have liked One Direction too.

But I think in general a lot of people just like to hate on anyone successful, or anyone who is from The X Factor, or anyone who is good looking AND successful so One Direction were always going to have their haters. Anyone in the public eye has haters and fans. But they're obviously not hated by the masses if they're doing so well with their music careers.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate is the wrong word. It just that 1D appeal to a very specific market so the majority of people are just not interested in them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate them but i don't like them either, i just dislike their music. The reasons why they get a lot of hate is mostly down to their very annoying fanbase who make them out to be more than what they are. Also manufactured almost always get quick a bit of stick so they're nothing new. They are very successful at the moment and the more successful you are the more hate you get.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't hate them but I find their music rubbish. One dimensional music for teenage girls :p
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate them but I find their music rubbish. One dimensional music for teenage girls :p

Gee, that sounds like Katy Perry.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I don't think anyone 'hates' them. I really dislike their music, though.
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone 'hates' them. I really dislike their music, though.

I do.:D
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate them. I just don't like there music at all. But I like that they are successful, and they seem like nice enough guys. What I hate, is the fact that they can be successful, that this is what is selling millions, that annoys me. If that makes sense??? And also their fan base, is just so annoying. I like them as people though, its just there music annoys me!!!
  • welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because there just jealous of good looking men.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welsh_El wrote: »

I don't see any men in 1D. :p
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got successful because of Backing Tapes and Hair Mousse.

Also they have (along with that annoying little bieb thing) created an army of hormonal psychopathic little girls!

Other than that?...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Do they really impact your life THAT much?:rolleyes:

i don't get what you mean, are you trying to be funny?
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welsh_El wrote: »

Ah the default answer, must be jealously lol. Ridiculous.

It could be that none of them have any real talent (heck couldn't even make it through to X factor on their own.)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    For me it's the fans, they're just so annoying
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate them. I just don't like there music at all. But I like that they are successful, and they seem like nice enough guys. What I hate, is the fact that they can be successful, that this is what is selling millions, that annoys me. If that makes sense??? And also their fan base, is just so annoying. I like them as people though, its just there music annoys me!!!

This is exactly how I feel, so I understand what you mean. I don't hate them. I actually think they are probably 5 decent lads if you met them in real life. So people calling them 5 Justin Biebers, I'd not. Justin Bieber from what we read is a jumped up little shit, I think these guys are probably pretty likeable.

However, I don't like that this is what makes them successful. I feel like they're becoming more successful because a lot of their fans are so obsessive. Geez even if it's one of their birthdays, their fans take to twitter as if it's a holiday and the world has to stop and acknowledge this. They take stanning to a whole new level. Their new single has become the most pre-ordered song ever, and it's not even been heard yet:confused: I hate that the media are portraying them like the world is at their feet, considering they've only really had 1 hit single and album.

But yeah that's just my opinion. I don't hate them, just I'm not a fan of their throwaway music or the teenie bopper fans on twitter
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Detest them, their music, their management and their fans.
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with most comments i mean even just here in the UK they haven't achieved multiple chart toppers and the two singles after WMYB one sold badly and the other just average.

If you compare them to other boybands Take That,Boyzone,Westlife even JLS they all dominated the singles chart with multiple #1's.

Basically it just seems like what others have said they are made out to be bigger than they are. In some countries they probably are but here they haven't really dominated like the mentioned groups who also have sold a lot more per album in the UK (i appreciate UAN is still selling).
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hate is too strong, but it's unpleasant to see complete lack of talent so rewarded in any walk of life
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate them; I even quite like a few songs from their album which I've heard courtesy of my little sister but I don't think that they are the best thing since sliced bread like so many people seem to. On Twitter I've found myself saying negative things about them not because I hate them but because their fans come out with completely illogical and stupid statements, a few examples:

"Neither Michael Jackson, Madonna or The Beatles ever had the most pre-ordered song on Itunes"

"One Direction have three singles in the charts at the moment. Queen has none. Who is better now?"

"I remember when I was laughed at for saying 1D would be bigger than The Beatles. Now look at them2

It's just aggravating and stupid and something I really shouldn't get all that angry about but it's so damn hard not to. Had Itunes been around when Jacko, Madge and The Beatles were on top of their game the pre-orders would've been huge.

As lads they seem alright. I have my issues with Louis as he was an absolute idiot when I knew him (we were at school together) but Zain, Liam, Niall and Harry all seem decent and likeable