Man about the house Itv3 daily

PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
Forum Member
✭✭
Start tomorrow. Glad it is being shown again.

Comments

• Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been repeated loads of times of course, but it was a great series in it's day.

A randy young man shares a flat with 2 'dolly birds', this was actually quite shocking at the time believe it or not.

Mary Whitehouse 0, the permissive society 1.
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only for the killer theme tune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His health hasn't been good for many years, he had a stroke in 2003, but, hell, he was a child actor with all the complications that involves. I don't think he looks unrecognisable in that picture, just a man in his 60's like many others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has lived in Brinsworth House, a retirement home for people in the entertainment industry, for quite a few years now. It seems a bit mean to have photographers hanging around outside for him (and other residents) to walk out for a paper so they can sell them to the Daily Mail but I suppose that's how some people earn their living.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prilicla wrote: »
    Start tomorrow. Glad it is being shown again.

I love Man about the House have the entire show on dvd:D:)
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His health hasn't been good for many years, he had a stroke in 2003, but, hell, he was a child actor with all the complications that involves. I don't think he looks unrecognisable in that picture, just a man in his 60's like many others.

I know what you mean. You can actually see it's him, but it was such a decade for abundant hair that it was really a man's crowning glory then as opposed to now.

Not having seen him in the long years between it's bound to be a shock. And of course it's not the best photo - and he's had a stroke.
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article mentions "Me and My Girl" - I remember that when it was on ITV, quite a fun show.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the 70s parlance will be excised, there's certainly a few mentions of Foops and Gin-Song the last time I watched it.

Ooooh, did I fancy that Paula Wilcox ? erm, yes I did.

[ my Dad had the hots for Yootha Joyce, Urghh ]
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Man about the House have the entire show on dvd:D:)
    Yeah i have the tv series on dvd- I Just wish they would re-release the film version on dvd,It's been deleted for years and when a copy comes up on e-bay it goes for big money
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    Yeah i have the tv series on dvd- I Just wish they would re-release the film version on dvd,It's been deleted for years and when a copy comes up on e-bay it goes for big money

I did'nt know the film version was deleted i got it on DVD in HMV ages ago i love Robins persistance with Chrissie he never gives up. But alas it was never to be.:D:(.
  • pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh, did I fancy that Paula Wilcox ? erm, yes I did.

Not just me then? Thanks for the heads up about this but don't think it wil be as good as all those years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Just for anyone who does not know - that great ITV/Thames Television comedy Man About The House is on ITV 3 right now (5.20 pm - 5.50 pm on Monday 29.10.2012 - from 6.20 pm on ITV 3+1). It is the first time it has been show on UK terrestrial television for many years. Channel Four broadcast Man About The House some years ago.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, it is on ITV 3 every weekday early evening (just after 5 pm). It is also on again the following weekday morning (from about 10.30 am) on the same channel (from about 11.30 am on ITV 3+1).
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoyingly I can't get ITV 3 on Freeview and I can't record ITV 3 off Freesat.
  • ROBERT129ROBERT129 Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    i was really lookin forward to this repeat, not been on since paramount comedy ran it few years back, only to find itv have done their usual butchering, if this is how its gonna be wont bother wiv no more, i fully realise that in this day and age certain phrases on non pc, but the edit on the end wasn't done on paramount few years back. after all it was only one word!!! watch out for further butchering!! itv are a total joke when it comes to repeat classic shows, just can't show stuff as original!! the movie has been screeened on itv3 before, but yes you've guessed it with edits made, a scene with 'love thy neighbour' cast removed only lasted one minute and only one offensive word again. itv should close down and do us all a favour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I hope ITV3 show 'Robin's Nest' when 'Man About The House' ends
    Forum Member
    I hope ITV3 show 'Robin's Nest' when 'Man About The House' ends

they prob cut that too!!!
  • ccb2011ccb2011 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    so what exactly was edited out?
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Something racist Im guessing. Tempted to stick the dvd on and find out.
    Forum Member
    Annoyingly I can't get ITV 3 on Freeview and I can't record ITV 3 off Freesat.

Sorry to read that you can't get ITV 3 - one of the best television channels - on Freeview.
    Forum Member
    I am so pleased Man About The House is being broadcast again.

I have been waiting years to see this marvellous comedy back on television.
    Forum Member
    the edit was last scene, when chrissy tells robin why roper agreed to let him flat share, she said the reason he agreed was because she told roper robin was a 'puff'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ROBERT129 wrote: »
    the edit was last scene, when chrissy tells robin why roper agreed to let him flat share, she said the reason he agreed was because she told roper robin was a 'puff'

Are you seriously saying that ITV edited the word poof out of a sitcom? :eek:

Can't believe that?
    Have you heard the language in the Inbetweeners :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ROBERT129 wrote: »

Oh that's quite sweet.

I could understand an edit if Roper had said "oh in that case we don't want him living here" but it was because he thought he would be 'safe' to live with two girls. That's wasn't homophobic then and it isn't now, just rather old fashioned.