This forum is too hidden—no one knows it’s here!

Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
Forum Member
Idol is the biggest TV talent show in the world, yet there have been only 2 new threads here since the series launched. I’m not sure anyone is aware this forum exists. There’s an American Idol thread in the main US forum, so clearly those people aren’t aware of this forum.

I only found this forum with a search. Would anyone look for the American Idol forum under “Reality TV”? It’s a talent show. There’s no “reality” about people performing in front of judges (unless you could except Hollywood Week which is more reality-based).

I think this forum needs moving somewhere more logical. I’d have a TV sub-forum called “Talent Shows” containing Idol, X Factor, Strictly, etc.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with this post. To find the forum I had to google "American idol digital spy forum" to find it.
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Totally agree, it took me ages to find it last night and was really surpised at how quiet it is too.
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Please will the admin consider moving this forum?

How do we formally request this kind of thing?
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I know it's been done before, but no idea how!
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Just remembered there was an American Idol forum, was coming here to say the same thing. I forget about it stuck away in US TV - Reality TV forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have its own slot somewhere .

Even the god awful The Voice has its own place.

I'd like to see ALL the reality series together - in a more prominent place as well.
    Forum Member
    I agree!

…Yeah, me too!

:D
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely agree.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has happened for 2 or 3 years now.

Whoever arranges these forums always completely ignores requests to move it to a more accessible place.

No wonder it doesn't get many postings.:mad:
  • ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree, I had to find it with google
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »

Whoever arranges these forums always completely ignores requests to move it to a more accessible place.

I'm getting real miffed to be honest . I am a bit of a addict for all those reality shows , Axe Men , Gold Divers etc etc but I can never find threads on them and then if you start a new one someone always seems to come along with a link to the an'the similar thread .

I'd like a subsection for all REALITY shows , UK and USA ..
    They are all shown on UK SKY channels anyway .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »

Crazy thing is that the talent blows the UK shows out of the water .

Did you see the girls section. - the sing off between 20th and 21st off the final top 20 place was amazing .
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Crazy thing is that the talent blows the UK shows out of the water .

Did you see the girls section. - the sing off between 20th and 21st off the final top 20 place was amazing .

Dead right. I am fed up of x-factor (uk) and doubt that I will watch again.
    After watching the girls I am as excited about AI as I have ever been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked in the UK Reality section and there are just 4 threads anyone is titled HELP !!

Something has to be done for all all the lovers of reality TV .

Any ideas ?

How's about we start a new REALITY thread in the normal section ...EVERYDAY !!!??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Just checked in the UK Reality section and there are just 4 threads anyone is titled HELP !!

Something has to be done for all all the lovers of reality TV .

Any ideas ?

How's about we start a new REALITY thread in the normal section ...EVERYDAY !!!??

Bladdy mobile :)

Should have read " there are just four threads and one of them is titled " HELP" ! "
    Forum Member
    Well I sent a message to DS Support a few days ago requesting a forum move. I asked them to read this thread for details and to see that there is support for this.

I got a message back a couple of days ago thanking me for the suggestion and saying that they “have passed it on to forum management for consideration”.

So cross your fingers! :)

The TV section currently has these sub-forums:
    • Broadcasting
    • TV Shows: UK
    • TV Shows: US
    • TV Shows: Cult, Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    • Soaps
    • Big Brother
    • The Voice
    • The X Factor
    • Strictly Come Dancing
    • Dancing on Ice
    My suggestion would be to change it to a much neater:
    • Broadcasting
    • Soaps
    • Reality & Talent Shows <-- all moved into here, including US talent shows
    • Cult, Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    Do people generally agree with this?

I really do not think anyone who is a fan of talent shows discriminates between British and American, any more than sci-fi fans discriminate. So they need to be all together in one place.

NB: I’m not a Big Brother fan but I accept that it may need to have its own forum on the main page as I believe Digital Spy’s Big Brother forum is the official one?

By the way, I also think Cult & Sci-Fi sits better and feels more natural at the bottom of the list. And I say this as a huge fan of cult and sci-fi. It just feels like the “big” shows should be before it.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH they should put it on the main page where the X factor and the Voice are. I'm sure more people would comment if it was there. hell, probably more people would actually watch it too if it was in the main forum. I think it's a better show than the X factor (including the USA version) more focused on the talent than the over produced dance routines etc in the X factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I sent a message to DS Support a few days ago requesting a forum move. I asked them to read this thread for details and to see that there is support for this.

I got a message back a couple of days ago thanking me for the suggestion and saying that they “have passed it on to forum management for consideration”.

So cross your fingers! :)

The TV section currently has these sub-forums:
    • Broadcasting
    • TV Shows: Cult, Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    • Soaps
    • Big Brother
    • The Voice
    • The X Factor
    • Strictly Come Dancing
    • Dancing on Ice
    My suggestion would be to change it to a much neater:
    • Broadcasting
    • Soaps
    • Reality & Talent Shows <-- all moved into here, including US talent shows
    • Cult, Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    Do people generally agree with this?

I really do not think anyone who is a fan of talent shows discriminates between British and American, any more than sci-fi fans discriminate. So they need to be all together in one place.

NB: I’m not a Big Brother fan but I accept that it may need to have its own forum on the main page as I believe Digital Spy’s Big Brother forum is the official one?

By the way, I also think Cult & Sci-Fi sits better and feels more natural at the bottom of the list. And I say this as a huge fan of cult and sci-fi. It just feels like the “big” shows should be before it.

Yes , I like your idea and suggested line up.
  • ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that sounds a good idea Grand Dizzy. It took me a couple of attempts to find this forum.
  • crinolinecrinoline Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Agreed! i couldn't find it for ages.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving american idol this year. I almost posted in the x factor forum because I couldn't find this one ! A Google search got me here,
    Forum Member
    Still no one has done anything about this forum! It’s just sitting here gathering dust and someone needs to put a tombstone over it.

If anyone wants a really bustling and thriving Idol forum, this is the place:

http://idolforums.com/index.php
  • MandyXZMandyXZ Posts: 86,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the forums are fine the way they are.

This is a UK forum after all, therefore it's priority is obviously going to focus on the most popular UK TV shows. We already have a forum dedicated to US TV..... and being on a UK forum message board, I think that is sufficient.

I personally wouldn't like to see both UK and US shows all in together..... keep them separate, I say.
  • davedpgdavedpg Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is everyone simply too stupid to use the drop down box at the bottom of the page?
    Forum Member
    davedpg wrote: »
    Is everyone simply too stupid to use the drop down box at the bottom of the page?
    If most users are not aware of a feature or how to use it, then the stupidity is surely attributable to the interface design, not the users?

Personally, I can’t even see a drop down box. What I do see at the bottom of the forums page is a lot of complicated detail and links (birthdays, key, time, style selector, admin links, logout, copyright, and search.) And that’s not to mention all the stuff at the top of the page too, which is worse. This means that most people won’t bother reading everything down there. To my eyes, the page is cluttered and confusing. A more elegant and streamlined user interface might result in better familiarity with the controls.

It reminds me of walking into a shop where the walls are absolutely COVERED with signs and notices, far too many for people to read. Then someone will point out one of the small ones and scornfully say “didn’t you read the sign?”! :D