Pics from the biopic - wow!!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Wow! That COULD just be the original cast themselves. Cannot wait to see it
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    This looks brilliant.

And I want to secretly know that some of these resources are going to be used in the 50th Anniversary too :p
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like the BBC has remembered how to spell 'Foreman' again...
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    This looks brilliant.

And I want to secretly know that some of these resources are going to be used in the 50th Anniversary too :p

Even if it is The Doctor running through the Tardis and quickly passing through the Hartnell built interior I will be happy. :D
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As expected, David Bradley is a nice fit for Hartnell's Doctor!
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »

I'm confused. Are those pictures from the 60s? The amount of period detail of the lighting and cameras is extraordinary.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are those pictures from the 60s? The amount of period detail of the lighting and cameras is extraordinary.

Stunningly good. They're modern photos, not from the sixties. Looks like they really are going to make it a year that we'll look back fondly upon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great pics! Thanks for posting them!
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    Great pics! Thanks for posting them!

• taliesintaliesin Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what we can see from those pic's it seems they have done a good job recreating the original set, that being the case it would be a huge shame if it wasn't featured in some way or another in the main series as a nod to the past.

Also if the cast of the biopic do a good job recreating the actors portraying those characters, for Example if David Bradley can convincingly portray William Hartnell as the first Doctor in the biopic then surely he could do so in an actual DW story as Richard Hurndall did for the 25th.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forwards to this as much as the 50th specials... so excited

I'm really made up by this and also Stephen Moffats confirmation that we'll be getting ore than just a 60min special of the show itself...

bring it on :p
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, really exciting! :)
    Forum Member
    They should do shot for shot remakes of Marco Polo and Tenth Planet part four while they've got everyone together.

Excitement is mounting for this and everything else. There is no way the special will be anything other than one long squee celebration of the history of the show. I really enjoyed the hint that the Christmas special may be linked to the anniversary special. Hopefully giving us another hour or more of Moffat indulging himself with cameos of old stuff. I think this year I'd prefer that to a standalone "new" Christmas story. (after all, a throwback to the sixties didn't do the 2012 Christmas story any harm.)
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taliesin wrote: »
    From what we can see from those pic's it seems they have done a good job recreating the original set, that being the case it would be a huge shame if it wasn't featured in some way or another in the main series as a nod to the past.

Also if the cast of the biopic do a good job recreating the actors portraying those characters, for Example if David Bradley can convincingly portray William Hartnell as the first Doctor in the biopic then surely he could do so in an actual DW story as Richard Hurndall did for the 25th.

If they have done such a good job, why dont they go further, and recreate an episode of dr who
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    If they have done such a good job, why dont they go further, and recreate an episode of dr who

That's what I think. The government should enable an act of parliament requiring the BBC to hold the cast and crew of this docudrama beholden until they have recreated all the episodes missing from the archives.

I myself will take on the role of Ben if need be. What with being a ruggedly handsome cockney and all.
  • taliesintaliesin Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean recreate a missing episode and/or an entire story?

As Davros might say it is an interesting conjecture :D

I would assume that it would all be down to finances though, would a broadcaster or producer stump up the cash to recreate a lost story for what would basically be a fringe audience?

It would be great to do it but I wouldn't hold your breath, in fact we'd have better chances of waiting for Star Trek like holo deck technology to be invented and creating a holographic recreation.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Those are amazing.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taliesin wrote: »
    Do you mean recreate a missing episode and/or an entire story?

One story would be welcome, Maybe the daleks invasion of earth
    I wouldnt rush to try to get it broadcast by Nov 2013, they could aim to air this special next Nov 2014
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One story would be welcome, Maybe the daleks invasion of earth
    I wouldnt rush to try to get it broadcast by Nov 2013, they could aim to air this special next Nov 2014
    What's the point of recreating a story that still exists.

Either have them film a brand new First Doctor story or do one that no longer exists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Those photos look amazing!!!!

if Steven Moffett doesnt at least use this as a resource its just another nail in his coffin of missed oppertunities.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm looking forward to this more that the anniversay episode...looks fantastic!
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pictures do look amazing. Love the interior shot of the tardis from the recreation of the very first story. :D

I think I'm excited more for this than the November special, too. Cannot wait! :cool:

Hope it gets a DVD release early next year.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    The girls especially look completely "of the time" sometimes period dramas kind of capture the time, but not altogether - Susan and Barbara look like they have literally stepped out of the 1960s
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    The girls especially look completely "of the time" sometimes period dramas kind of capture the time, but not altogether - Susan and Barbara look like they have literally stepped out of the 1960s

It's the hair. The hair is perfect.
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Fatwolf wrote: »
    Those photos look amazing!!!!

if Steven Moffett doesnt at least use this as a resource its just another nail in his coffin of missed oppertunities.
    I would guess that the set they have built, will look just like that, a set from the 60's, it would look like wobbly plywood in HD.