Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 10)

1134135136137138140»

Comments

• Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marileigh1 wrote: »
    You are so right, Lou. I turned on Breakfast this morning, and there was our friendly reporter standing outside No. 10, telling us all about the funeral, and then someone else
    was in Grantham asking the local residents what they thought about her. She changed the country, apparently, as if we didn't know! Oh, for heaven's sake - can't they think
    of something else to talk about? :confused:

Warm, sunny beaches is just what I could do with at the moment and it's raining and miserable outside today.

That's a good idea, Yungathart! My two daughters are coming for the day on Friday and we are having lunch with one of my sons, whose birthday is on Monday - so three
    out of the four of them will be there. I must remember to tell them to book me into the Ritz - it should make an interesting topic of conversation at the meal table! :D

Can't give you any advice, good or otherwise, about reverse sensors. I don't have them but I'm lucky, I'm reasonably tall and can manage without them, but I have a friend
    who is about your height and she had difficulty the other day backing out of my driveway, because I have a hedge on both sides. So if you are 5'2"-ish, perhaps they would be a good idea. :rolleyes:

I didn,t put Breakfast on today Marileigh because I knew what it would be all about.
    Had a text from my daughter this morning, she and my Grandaughter are away to Palma Nova for 5 days, She says it is lovely and warm and they are lying on sun-beds beside the pool. It is mid-sixties, how lovely !!!!!!!!
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    Have just watched the Jack Vettriano programme again. So pleased he decided to ditch the first portrait of Kara when she was sitting in the car and paint one of her leaning against it. It immediately transports you back in time. Kara has captured so well the look of a wealthy woman leaning on her car getting impatient waiting for her lover. Cigarettes were so fashionable at that time. Hope Kara is given a reproduction of the painting if not the original.
    Forum Member
    Jack Vettriano at work

14aao0o.jpg
  • yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katkins21 wrote: »
    my son has had them on his last 3 cars and would hate to be without them, and he is 6ft.

hello katkins lovely to hear from you again , and thank you for the advice ,I have a good excuse then as I am no way near 5ft 6 let alone 6ft, reversing has never bothered me I have always been confident about it , but when I got the offer I thought it would be worth considering , and like power steering I would not like to be without it , we have had it for the last twenty years so accept it as normal , but recently I moved my SiLs car for her and I thought I was driving a sherman tank ,it was so heavy to manoever .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are so right, Lou. I turned on Breakfast this morning, and there was our friendly reporter standing outside No. 10, telling us all about the funeral, and then someone else
    was in Grantham asking the local residents what they thought about her. She changed the country, apparently, as if we didn't know! Oh, for heaven's sake - can't they think
    of something else to talk about? :confused:

Warm, sunny beaches is just what I could do with at the moment and it's raining and miserable outside today.

That's a good idea, Yungathart! My two daughters are coming for the day on Friday and we are having lunch with one of my sons, whose birthday is on Monday - so three
    out of the four of them will be there. I must remember to tell them to book me into the Ritz - it should make an interesting topic of conversation at the meal table! :D

Can't give you any advice, good or otherwise, about reverse sensors. I don't have them but I'm lucky, I'm reasonably tall and can manage without them, but I have a friend
    who is about your height and she had difficulty the other day backing out of my driveway, because I have a hedge on both sides. So if you are 5'2"-ish, perhaps they would be a good idea. :rolleyes:

Thanks marileigh ,I have yearned for long legs all my life , but sadly mine never grew very long . I have to reverse up out of my drive , and the crescent bends just past my gate so it should help with that ( I hope )

I quickly shut the TVoff after about 5mins of breakfast show ,that was all that was on ,repeating what we had yesterday , I could not take any more , and I am out at an evening football match tonight , so wont have to listen :)

I wonder if you will get a room in my part of the Ritz in the care home wing , we might arrange a discount for Artems Aunties if there are enough of us , we will get them to feed us nonstop videos of Artem and Kara and all Artems dancing shows and keep us nice and comfy , feed us well ,and arrange for us to have our hair done each week ,and we wont have acare in the world , what do you think about the idea , any ones welcome to join us .:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just watched the Jack Vettriano programme again. So pleased he decided to ditch the first portrait of Kara when she was sitting in the car and paint one of her leaning against it. It immediately transports you back in time. Kara has captured so well the look of a wealthy woman leaning on her car getting impatient waiting for her lover. Cigarettes were so fashionable at that time. Hope Kara is given a reproduction of the painting if not the original.

I agree with you silversandy , he has captured that look perfectly ,

I will have to love you and leave you as I just had aphone cal from GS asking if he can come for his meal as DiL has taken his sister back to Manchester and is stuck in traffic and will not be home before we go the football , so I have to get cooking pretty quickly . bye .
  • Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say Goodnight Ladies and Sweet Dreams to All.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou69 wrote: »
    I will say Goodnight Ladies and Sweet Dreams to All.

Just got back in time say goodnight to you Lou , It was very chilly tonight but we did not notice as we played very well and won 4-1, it was such a rush before I went as I had to feed my Grandson unexpectedly , as my DiL got stuck on the way back from manchester when she took my GD back to Uni as she had come home at weekend as she was rather upset as her great friend and flate mate had been mugged walking back from the bus to the house and was missing for quite a while and the police knocked my GD up as she had gone to bed early as she has to be up at just gone 2am for work at the airport , her friend was hiding in case the mugger came back , but she had been talking to her mum when she was mugged and the last thing her mum heard was very loud scream and then silence when her phone was snatched , so she rang the police and tried to contact my GD but she didnt hear her phone so the police came to check she was ok and to see if they were together , but they were not , and then the police found her friend , thankfully , her parents set off in the middle of the night and took her home , and my G D eventually came home after going to work but she was so upset and unnerved she was sent home , she had to do the same walk and was scared stiff. When her mum was coming back this afternoon the Woodhead Pass was on fire and they were all stuck for ages . but all is well now .

I will say good night sweet dreams .
    Forum Member
    Let's hope Strictly Confidential have ironed out all the problems with venues. I asked on the SC Facebook if there would be live music on the tour. Nobody answered. SCD Band were asked on twitter whether they will be doing the tour. They replied and said they wouldn't be. Still hoping that Artem won't be dancing all Bobby's routines with Lisa.

Craig is quoted in Dance News as saying "It's exciting to give fans an autobiographical take on the hit show, whilst also incorporating some of the show's favourite moments. I've been working on Strictly Confidential for a while now, and it's a dream that everything is all coming together".

k1orx2.jpg
  • marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope Strictly Confidential have ironed out all the problems with venues. I asked on the SC Facebook if there would be live music on the tour. Nobody answered. SCD Band were asked on twitter whether they will be doing the tour. They replied and said they wouldn't be. Still hoping that Artem won't be dancing all Bobby's routines with Lisa.

Craig is quoted in Dance News as saying "It's exciting to give fans an autobiographical take on the hit show, whilst also incorporating some of the show's favourite moments. I've been working on Strictly Confidential for a while now, and it's a dream that everything is all coming together".

k1orx2.jpg

Thanks, Silversandy, for the pic. Is that a new one? Can't remember seeing Artem dance with Lisa before.
    I'm still not very sure what I'm going to see, but looking forward to seeing Artem dance again, and to see what Craig has conjured up about the four of them ;)
    Forum Member
    Thanks, Silversandy, for the pic. Is that a new one? Can't remember seeing Artem dance with Lisa before.
    I'm still not very sure what I'm going to see, but looking forward to seeing Artem dance again, and to see what Craig has conjured up about the four of them ;)

I took it from the short promo video you will find on the Strictly Confidential website.

What a lovely day. I did a little tidying up in the garden. Not a lot!!

Was sorry to read about your granddaughter and her friend yunghathart. What a frightening experience. You read so many sad stories these days. What a shock for her parents.

Must blitz the kitchen. Top to bottom spring clean.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 11)
This discussion has been closed.