Worst actors?

Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
Forum Member
Which Who actors and actresses are the worst in your opinion?

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    The Eastenders cast. Apart from Jo Joyner.

Lynda with a Y.
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam was pretty bad from Dalek/The Long Game

Also a little girl in the Christmas Invasion laughs when she's supposed to be taken over by blood control but it would be harsh to say her :p
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a similar thread weeks ago. In the End of Time I thought there was little point in Timothy Dalton being there. It was such a bad episode. I hope he comes back in another episode. Also I do not like River Song even though the actress who plays her is good.
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like Jenny in Rebel Flesh 2 parter. Didn't like Tasambeker in Revelation of the Daleks.

How about your opinion OP?
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Noel Clarke - I never liked Mickey at all to begin with, but to his credit he pulled off the 'loser boyfriend' brilliantly. Unfortunately the tough guy act he assumed in the finales to Series 2 and Series 4 (particularly the former) felt really forced and fake.

Abisola Agbaje - "Chloe Webber", just so much of this performance in Fear Her didn't work. I couldn't empathise with the kid, and I felt a lot of her acting was quite weak, as if I could actually notice it was acting, rather than being pulled into the role.

Raji James - Dr.Rajesh in the Series 2 finale. His acting was so wooden and he sounded so amateur - most notably when the Sphere was opening, and just as the Daleks destroyed his head...it's fair to say he couldn't pull off dramatic acting.

Zafirah Boateng - The Runaway Bride's cheesy "It's Christmas!" line from the little girl feels so forced and annoying. Is it bad I wanted the Racnoss to zap her to oblivion?!

Kylie Minogue - I love the woman, and still enjoyed her role. But her acting as Astrid was very poor in places... it sounded like she was reading the script for the very first time in places.

The kids out of TDTWATW...I can't muster the energy or courage to write the full episode title, or find out their names or characters again.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I'm not an actor nor director, so I don't think I can really comment on such as this! But here's MY opinion :) :-

ACE : although she was 'street cred' was a bit lame in her lines at times.
    MELANIE: Ouch that screechy voice!
    TURLOUGH: (loved the character) but a bit 'forced' at times (like ACE)
    ADRIC: He just read his lines and put hands in his pockets.
    AMY POND: She just glared with her eyes and looked confused like the rest of us! And looked pretty!
    NYSSA: She was an afterthought, and only started coming into her own when they wrote her out!
    WILLIAM HARTNELL: He fluffed his lines from Day One...but oh boy - we loved it!! (RIP)
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    Richard Briers in Paradise Towers, Richard Briers in Paradise Towers, and Richard Briers in Paradise Towers!
    :D
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Richard Briers in Paradise Towers, Richard Briers in Paradise Towers, and Richard Briers in Paradise Towers!

I watched a tribute program on Richard Briers at the weekend and it reminded me what a top notch actor he was, both in comedy and serious roles. The program didn't mention his truly shocking performance in Paradise Towers though, probably for the best...
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Also Sylvester McCoy in Time and the Rani. Oh my goodness it was painful to watch.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruno Langley (Dalek/The Long Game) was a crap actor even back in his soap opera days.

Hmmm, not a great role there, but he was a great actor without a shadow of doubt......:confused:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly true, and yet he was so very, very good in other roles. I can only assume he badly misjudged what was required.

I suppose one must admit Soldeed in Horns of Nimon was a dreadful performance - more ham than a hundred butcher's shops! But I do love it so much!

Less fondly remembered performances are the twins in The Twin Dilemma, Tryst in Nightmare of Eden, the oy vey bandits in Creature in the Pit, Peter Kay in Love and Monsters and Liz 10 in The Beast Below.
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick James as Cotton in The Mutants gives the the worst performance by any actor in any Doctor Who - FACT.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an hilarious child actor in the Gangers episode.

"Daddy. Yay."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    There was an hilarious child actor in the Gangers episode.

"Daddy. Yay."

Oh god. My brother and I were frustrated by that kid straight away!

Sorry, kid, if you're reading this. :o
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reggie Yates love him as i do his acting was not so good especially in Smith & Jones.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lalla Ward. I'm not surprised work dried up after she left the show.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    This far into the thread and no mention of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tYcP-0KsY
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate O'Mara's Bonnie Langford impersonation played like a pantomime act to the crew.

That is all!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Reggie Yates love him as i do his acting was not so good especially in Smith & Jones.

On the other hand, he did a fantastic disappearing act in Last of the Time Lords......;)
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I'm torn between the old dear in Planet Of The Spiders ("No you shan't, I shan't, don't take him..."), the kid in the Flesh 2-parter, and the kid in Utopia (bit unfair, since he was a competition winner, wasn't he? Still, I'm a heartless bastard).

Briers only redeems himself because he was so utterly brilliant in everything else that I've just got to believe that his performance in Paradise Towers wasn't his fault, somehow. Otherwise he'd be top in a heartbeat.

And I never much cared for Alexie Sayle's performance in the otherwise faultless Revelation, but that may well be because the character was so... SO bad.
  • GillrayGillray Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    WILLIAM HARTNELL: He fluffed his lines from Day One...but oh boy - we loved it!! (RIP)

That's not bad acting, it's called suffering from an illness called arteriosclerosis, which causes memory loss. Saying that I don't think Doctor Who was his greatest hour, his best work is on film: The Bells Go Down, The Way Ahead, Brighton Rock, Odd Man Out and playing against type (more successfully than as the Doctor) in This Sporting Life.

Worst acting I can think of was the Geordie from the Cyberman stories in Tennant's first series...oh and of course Freema.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Kay.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be quite a lot of dodgy acting in DW. I think i notice something in almost every episode.

Special mention must go to Noel Clarke (especially in Rose), guy from Dalek, Andrew Garfield, and almost every kid they ever cast. Especially that wee boy from The Next Doctor. Surely nepotism is as work here most of the time? :confused:

Edit: Kylie was AWFUL as well. That one is my least favourite DW episode ever.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    Of course we should always remember that there are isolated bad performances by actors who are actually very good when in the right parts (Richard Briers being a prime example) and actors who are just bad full stop.
    Not actually Doctor Who I realise, but you'd have to be really especially awful to beat the performance of the guy who played Jack's brother Gray in Torchwood.
    I have never seen anyone act so badly, I'm amazed that he was allowed to make it on screen frankly!
    :)
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    There are some good actors thast have been mentioned but who seemed to have a bad day at the office when they did Who - not because they were bad actors but possibly because the script was wrong for them (Cotton in The Mutants was written for a completely different, non-caribbean actor for instance, and the actor really struggled with trying to cope with the lines as a result), or because they were given bad direction as to how to play the character (Richard Briers should have been told to stop it at once and play it properly).

However, there is Jenny Tomasin.

She was bloody awful in EVERYTHING I have ever seen her in, from Upstairs, Downstairs to Emmerdale. The woman just could not act.