Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor Wood - Marriage ???

Comments

• bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catherine Zetw Jones is about 9 years older than her step-son....
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    They're two consenting adults. I don't see why anyone would have a problem.

Penny Lancaster is only 8 years older than Kimberley Stewart, and is 8 years younger than Rod's first child who was adopted.

I wonder if the OP has a problem with that - or is it just older women that he/she doesn't approve of?

As long as they are both consenting adults, maybe people like the OP might find something more worthwhile to vent their spleen about.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Women always get treated terribly in these situations, yet no one bats an eyelid when men date younger women. Look how Caroline Flack was treated after the Harry Styles thing! You'd think she had murdered someone.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women always get treated terribly in these situations, yet no one bats an eyelid when men date younger women. Look how Caroline Flack was treated after the Harry Styles thing! You'd think she had murdered someone.

Yes, is a double standard.

I think some people look at it from the stereotypical perspective of biology, because men can father kids pretty much at any age, whereas a woman in her 40s and beyond may no longer be able to provide children and is written off as being less desirable and 'past it'. Nonetheless, Sam and Aaron already have two children together so that is not an issue in this case.

They seem very happy. He's an adult and obviously knows his own mind, thus it's not really for anybody else to worry about. They could be happily married for the next 40 years.

The only problem on the horizon could be that, since they got together when he was very, very young, he didn't really have time to experience life. People can change and learn a lot in their 20s and 30s. He's still going to be a relatively young man by the time she is 60+.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    He was terrible in Anna Karenina.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Yes, is a double standard.

I think some people look at it from the stereotypical perspective of biology, because men can father kids pretty much at any age, whereas a woman in her 40s and beyond may no longer be able to provide children and is written off as being less desirable and 'past it'. Nonetheless, Sam and Aaron already have two children together so that is not an issue in this case.

They seem very happy. He's an adult and obviously knows his own mind, thus it's not really for anybody else to worry about. They could be happily married for the next 40 years.

The only problem on the horizon could be that, since they got together when he was very, very young, he didn't really have time to experience life. People can change and learn a lot in their 20s and 30s. He's still going to be a relatively young man by the time she is 60+.

If their marriage lasts that long they could end up with 15 years of happiness plus two children. Personally I'd take that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was heartbroken when I first found lit but I then thought you lucky cow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bang out of order to take the best years of a young guys life like that. She's not even good looking but more fool him for falling for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who_me wrote: »
    Bang out of order to take the best years of a young guys life like that. She's not even good looking but more fool him for falling for it.

How do you know he is not happy? Your comment is bang out of order.
    Forum Member

Is she the hypnotist from Little Britain?

Is it really beyond your comprehension that he has a mind of his own?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She met him when he was only 17 because she claimed he was a striking talent, gave him one of his first acting jobs and apparently was sleeping with him by the time he was 21. She was apparently only his third girlfriend and to be fair the allure of a mature affluent woman to a young man just coming into manhood was probably not weak.

She's basically groomed him but waited until he was old enough unlike Roman Polanski. It's a bit creepy but it's not illegal.
  • geekaysgeekays Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i agree ....
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if she was considered 'good looking' that would be OK?!

I think a lot of people would agree that if you had a son of that age who got together with a divorced mother in her 40s then it would be understandable to have concerns. He's taken a lot on at a very young age.
    Forum Member
    lol, the bile on this thread is incredible.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're consenting adults who have been together a long time. WTF does it matter what the rest of us think as long as they're happy together?
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's crap in everything except Kick Ass. (although, he isn't exactly superb in that either)

Nowhere Boy. Crap acting throughout by Johnson. Embarrassing to watch. He's only famous because some wee women in the industry was into his pants. But the hate she is getting here is unreal. They are clearly in love. Crap acting aside, i'm looking forward to Kick Ass 2.
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    He's crap in everything except Kick Ass. (although, he isn't exactly superb in that either)

Nowhere Boy. Crap acting throughout by Johnson. Embarrassing to watch. He's only famous because some wee women in the industry was into his pants. But the hate she is getting here is unreal. They are clearly in love. Crap acting aside, i'm looking forward to Kick Ass 2.

He had already been acting for seven years before he even met his future wife. His greatest fame came from Kick Ass, which Sam Taylor Wood had nothing to do with.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    ...I think a lot of people would agree that if you had a son of that age who got together with a divorced mother in her 40s then it would be understandable to have concerns. He's taken a lot on at a very young age.
    Must admit if he'd been my son, I would've been bereft. I did find it creepy when they first got together as he was only a teenager but however many years down the line, they're still together and at least he's an adult now...
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had already been acting for seven years before he even met his future wife. His greatest fame came from Kick Ass, which Sam Taylor Wood had nothing to do with.

Yes, but he got the Kick Ass job because of Nowhere Boy. :)
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Yes, but he got the Kick Ass job because of Nowhere Boy. :)

Perhaps but that doesn't mean that he got the job in Nowhere Boy simply because the director was having sex with him, as implied here..."He's only famous because some wee women in the industry was into his pants". I doubt the director of Kick Ass thought "hmm, let's cast that guy who's having sex with that woman, because that makes him right for this role"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is ugly.. end off ...she looks like a horse
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's a bit odd but if they're happy, they are, leave them to it! I'd find it funny if her daughter thought he was cute in that girls Perfect Snogging film. I remember teenagers going crazy for him then, imagine your mum pulling a guy (close) your age :p;):D
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem happy together, so there is a age difference, what is the problem.

Nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    He was terrible in Anna Karenina.

He really was, though to be fair the whole thing was terribly miscast, especially Keira Knightly. Still, it is my favourite novel so I'm bound to be picky. I think he is a semi decent actor but in that role just no.

I do think there is a massive double standard when it comes to older women/younger men. If it was the other way round no one would care. They seem to be a lovely and comitted couple so what is the issue?? There are far worse things in this world then two consenting adults being in a relationship
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geekays wrote: »
    she is ugly.. end off ...she looks like a horse

Did you get a refund from the charm school? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really was, though to be fair the whole thing was terribly miscast, especially Keira Knightly. Still, it is my favourite novel so I'm bound to be picky. I think he is a semi decent actor but in that role just no.

I do think there is a massive double standard when it comes to older women/younger men. If it was the other way round no one would care. They seem to be a lovely and comitted couple so what is the issue?? There are far worse things in this world then two consenting adults being in a relationship

i thought the movie was fantastic..... i loved the movie :D