Most Haunted The Next generation.

woolybullywoolybully Posts: 152
Forum Member
Just read a Facebook post from Carl Beatie? regarding possible "spooky" locations for a new series of Most Haunted. I used to watch this and it was mostly bull***t but it was good for a laugh. Would anybody watch this?.

Comments

• LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not, I was so sick of it by the end I spent most of the time swearing at the TV. It was only the threads here that kept my sanity intact.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be a good show but if they just use a similar format to last time, no.

They need to follow a similar track to the American show Ghost Hunters for me. Helping people who think there is something going on in their building and then presenting the evidence at the end. Whether the stuff is believeable or not its much more exciting then what you normal get on MH, which was any old pub in the South being proclaimed haunted
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new series will be done like the last special "Christmas Spirits" and feature no mediums so they will be doing similar to Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters in relying on the evidence and trying to debunk that rather than have someone saying something is there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The series has run its course. Was crap once Derek left.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The series has run its course. Was crap once Derek left.

Yes, Derek was unquestionably the draw. I enjoyed the earlier series of MH. Derek's fakery was silly but amusing and some of the locations were really atmospheric. Then it got just stupid. Derek started over-egging the pudding and other members of the team started acting up and blatantly faking stuff.
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's rubbish. They have been claiming the show is coming back ever since it went off the air in 2010. As they say "I'll believe it when I see it"
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jw2011 wrote: »
    It's rubbish. They have been claiming the show is coming back ever since it went off the air in 2010. As they say "I'll believe it when I see it"

Can't even haunt itself..
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What channel is meant to air it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jw2011 wrote: »

Wouldnt a psychic know a air date though?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch it in the early days when Yvette Fielding was kicking things out of shot and then screaming "What was that!? What was that!?" I thought the idea of the show was that the viewer bought into the whole fakeness of it. After all, only the very simple could take Derek's silly voices seriously, right? Wrong, apparently, because Yvette "I didn't kick anything, honestly" Fielding then conspired to get poor old harmless Derek exposed as being a charlatan. Well duh!

I would happily watch a new series if Sweary Mary Yvette, her creepy husband and that thick, shrieking makeup woman had nothing to do with it.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,491
    Forum Member
    The American ghost hunting shows are alot more interesting and less hysterical.

I do believe in some form of paranormal activity, but Yvette's screaming every time she felt a breeze just turned the show into a parody.

I do like Celebrity Ghost Stories, which focuses on the details, rather than set piece "scares".
    A story told by Anne Diamond on there was very, very spooky- and verified by a number of people, but didn't involve funny voices, sudden changes in air temperature or loud noises.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch it in the early days when Yvette Fielding was kicking things out of shot and then screaming "What was that!? What was that!?" I thought the idea of the show was that the viewer bought into the whole fakeness of it. After all, only the very simple could take Derek's silly voices seriously, right? Wrong, apparently, because Yvette "I didn't kick anything, honestly" Fielding then conspired to get poor old harmless Derek exposed as being a charlatan. Well duh!

I would happily watch a new series if Sweary Mary Yvette, her creepy husband and that thick, shrieking makeup woman had nothing to do with it.

I really couldnt stand that chunky girl in that show. I forget her name now but they went to some place and she reckon she had to leave because she felt like she was going to throw up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really couldnt stand that chunky girl in that show. I forget her name now but they went to some place and she reckon she had to leave because she felt like she was going to throw up.

Not wanting to be cruel (bah, go for it), but she made me feel like I was going to throw up. She was the makeup woman, so why did we have to see her and hear her? Grr.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the first few series.

Stand out moments where the feet at the end of corridor in series one, can't remember the exact episode number.

Loved the Pendle Hill Live show.

Later series just felt contrived and I gave up on it around series 8.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Cath (I think) the make-up girl was the beginning of the end of the show for me, always getting hysterical and claiming something had grabbed her tits when it was probably Karl or Stuart.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show when it started but it got Scooby-Doo like in the end, they even introduced a dog ffs.

I wouldn't welcome it back. I prefer Paranormal Witness now, now that's genuinely chilling.
  • CocaColaCocaCola Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I don't reckon they've even got a commission for it yet, it just seems to be the production company (which has stood stalemate for the past year or 2) trying to create interest and attention.

Latest from Yvette last month was:

“To be fair up to now neither Karl nor I have ever said it is coming back, we have said that we are trying to bring it back and no one really knows how hard Mr B has been working to do that. He is constantly in meetings, talking to USA at all hours and rarely gets sleep; such is his commitment to it. Saying that we are now very close and hopefully will have some good news for you VERY soon.”
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We used to love it when it first started then we saw Derek live and realise how hopeless it was. I cannot believe it's still going - the Live one were hilarious, the people sending in their drawings and telling them they saw stuff moving on the webcams when the crew couldn't get close to a vodka bottle nevermind a ghostly spirit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

I noticed when she did that 'Ghosthunting with' (or whatever it was called) on itv2 She came across as really brave and would tease the 'celebs' about being scared. :rolleyes:

I would love to see it back but there would have to be a lot of changes and go more down the Ghost Adventures route, I enojy that more than Ghost Hunters and it seems more up their alley.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    We used to love it when it first started then we saw Derek live and realise how hopeless it was. I cannot believe it's still going - the Live one were hilarious, the people sending in their drawings and telling them they saw stuff moving on the webcams when the crew couldn't get close to a vodka bottle nevermind a ghostly spirit.

Oh God! I forgot about this :D

Brilliant stuff to be honest, works of art!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah. I'd redo it. I'd kill for a show like that. I'd make it a UK Ghost Adventures/Ghost Hunters hybrid. No need for psychics, go in to debunk first then look at what it could be.

No hand held cameras from amateurs. Camera always facing out to see the evidence being captured. Rather than an upclose shot of the presenter while "things" happen behind it.

Make it credible.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch it if it comes back. I have been keeping up with what Karl has been saying in Facebook and things seem positive. Let's hope it is more like the earlier series than the later series. The earlier days you could tell they were doing a serious investigation, then it became too much of a show.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd watch it :)

I'd like to see more focus on the place itself, without the mediums. I liked the historian that used to be on, but I can't think of his name :s

Great British Ghosts is being repeated at the moment and I'd like to see more of a mixture of that and Most Haunted/Ghost Adventures.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not wanting to be cruel (bah, go for it), but she made me feel like I was going to throw up. She was the makeup woman, so why did we have to see her and hear her? Grr.

Because everyone else by then had p**sed off the show. Most of the regulars from the beginning had left.

I think once Derek was gone the show didnt feel the same.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Had to laugh at some of the texts that were sent in during the Live shows. "I was looking at your basement webcam when my dog went mental and pood on the carpet and now my vibrator won't work" etc
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    latest news from Karl tonight is that they have been doing location reccies and should be filming new episodes as soon as next week.