Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    it's one thing to copy a program for your own personal, private use...it's another if you copy the program and then try to sell it and make money from it...what Lil Aud did is okay, what this other person is doing is a violation of the copyright Bio and/or the production team have on the program....at the very least the Chawners would want to know about this so they could get their cut! otherwise, I'm sure Bio has a battery of lawyers they need to keep busy earning their retainer fees....
  • AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    it's one thing to copy a program for your own personal, private use...it's another if you copy the program and then try to sell it and make money from it...what Lil Aud did is okay, what this other person is doing is a violation of the copyright Bio and/or the production team have on the program....at the very least the Chawners would want to know about this so they could get their cut! otherwise, I'm sure Bio has a battery of lawyers they need to keep busy earning their retainer fees....
    Perhaps LilAud can enrol the services of the x magistrate, maybe she can offer her some gratis legal advice? Perhaps someone should ask Philth what his opinion is of the Big Fat DVD Theft? Or maybe the poster concerned should just cough up the postage and stop being such a dishonest toerag:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I hope they do the right thing LilAud. I hate people being made mugs of - explains my Chawner hate!

Me and the eldest have had a Chawnerthon. The 'hard-on' comment in the hot tub (too many wrongs there when considering its about Chawners..) was edited out, thankfully! But I noticed one thing, in the episode where the Big Brother lot come in to interview them over their viewing habits (LOL!) Emma was busy telling Dan and Philth about how much she hates it. They ALL hate BB. So maybe she isn't going to be the 'star'. Although I can see her point, why would anyone want to watch a programme where wannabes slouch around doing nothing but eat and argue all day, oh, hang on..!!!

And I've told my kids that I want to be exactly like Audrey ;)
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trifle? wrote: »
    I hope they do the right thing LilAud. I hate people being made mugs of - explains my Chawner hate!

Me and the eldest have had a Chawnerthon. The 'hard-on' comment in the hot tub (too many wrongs there when considering its about Chawners..) was edited out, thankfully! But I noticed one thing, in the episode where the Big Brother lot come in to interview them over their viewing habits (LOL!) Emma was busy telling Dan and Philth about how much she hates it. They ALL hate BB. So maybe she isn't going to be the 'star'. Although I can see her point, why would anyone want to watch a programme where wannabes slouch around doing nothing but eat and argue all day, oh, hang on..!!!

And I've told my kids that I want to be exactly like Audrey ;)
    Well done on your Chawnerthon, do you think the Chawners themselves realised the fact that the hard on comment was edited out, was because it was so totally inappropriate and disturbing?:eek:

Your kids must be so proud you want to emulate Audrey, that is an admirable ambition.

I too, would like to spend my declining years (also known as late middle age) slumped in a reclining chair, turning the TV channel over with my crusty toe, cultivating candiasis albicans in my fat folds, and eating microwave meals cooked by my adorable husband, the one with the nasal hair that has it's own post code:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenorlady wrote: »
    Well done on your Chawnerthon, do you think the Chawners themselves realised the fact that the hard on comment was edited out, was because it was so totally inappropriate and disturbing?:eek:

Your kids must be so proud you want to emulate Audrey, that is an admirable ambition.

I too, would like to spend my declining years (also known as late middle age) slumped in a reclining chair, turning the TV channel over with my crusty toe, cultivating candiasis albicans in my fat folds, and eating microwave meals cooked by my adorable husband, the one with the nasal hair that has it's own post code:D

LOL @ the BIB.

LittleAud. That's disgusting. Name and shame I say.

I've been very fortunate, people have always been fair when I've done discs. :p Mind I do ask for a stamped addressed envelope before they get sent.
    Wny do people misuse people's kindness? :mad:
  • hellikinshellikins Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Hi all, long time lurker here, i never get in before half 10 at night and am usually knackered from work. Must get those arch supports for my inherited sloping feet. I thought they were fine because they have taken me everywhere but they roll in when i walk according to the foot doctor (never know whether to put chiropodist or podiatrist).

Am being very Chawnerish today, have had full english brekkie with coke and am now lying on the bed deciding what time to start moving for work this afternoon. & hours of doing last nights delivery (only 3 cages but the gardener had been in the morning and activated my hayfever.)
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm spending two weekd at my sons home dog sitting, whilst they're on holiday. Thre's nothing to do and I'm becoming a real Chawner, just sitting around and watching tv. I don't know how they do it all the time. It's so boring. At least I've got books and knitting with me, but just sitting all day in front of the tv would drive me mad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    I'm spending two weekd at my sons home dog sitting, whilst they're on holiday. Thre's nothing to do and I'm becoming a real Chawner, just sitting around and watching tv. I don't know how they do it all the time. It's so boring. At least I've got books and knitting with me, but just sitting all day in front of the tv would drive me mad.

;) You get used to it! Honest.

That's my every day activity, plus watching the cleaner and gardener and dog walker ( though it breaks my heart that I can no longer do that, it was the highlight of my day :( )

Although there's not enough hours in the day for all my hobbies!! :p

All in all I quite like Chawnering around though, hopefully I'm nothing like them. I cook for starters.
    Forum Member
    hellikins wrote: »
    Hi all, long time lurker here, i never get in before half 10 at night and am usually knackered from work. Must get those arch supports for my inherited sloping feet. I thought they were fine because they have taken me everywhere but they roll in when i walk according to the foot doctor (never know whether to put chiropodist or podiatrist).

Am being very Chawnerish today, have had full english brekkie with coke and am now lying on the bed deciding what time to start moving for work this afternoon. & hours of doing last nights delivery (only 3 cages but the gardener had been in the morning and activated my hayfever.)
    Hi Hellikins :D Cages of what?:eek: I'm intrigued.
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    I don't know how I would cope with hours of enforced inactivity. I enjoy the occasional Chawner day of sitting watching TV all day, but I go stir crazy after a bit and have to go and do something constructive. If I didn't work - and one day I fully intend to retire - then I will have to make sure I have some kind of structure and activity in my day.

I wonder if the Chawners get bored? It's a funny life for young women in their 20's, you'd think they'd want to be out and about doing things, seeing people, visiting places. Not sitting in watching telly with the parents.:(
  • hellikinshellikins Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Hi AwesomeGeorge, cages of stock. I work in a corner shop, we get about 4 cages of stock 3 times a week. What do you think of the chawners, part of the fanclub yet?
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to get a Chawner tshirt made up, but I'm not sure what image to go for. Phil grabbing Emma's flapjacks? Audrey on her LazyAud? Emma smoking a ****? Or should I get one with them all gathered round watching the telly? Ahh, so many choices! :D Of course it will say "Tak Car" on the back. I'll be a hit with everyone on-site and also when the new term starts up!
    Forum Member
    hellikins wrote: »
    Hi AwesomeGeorge, cages of stock. I work in a corner shop, we get about 4 cages of stock 3 times a week. What do you think of the chawners, part of the fanclub yet?
    I'm not a member of their fanclub, but they do provide some unintentional comedy gold. When I first saw Big Fat Challenge, I honestly thought they were actors wearing fatsuits and it was some sort of unscripted docudrama from the UK, written by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Marchant.:o:o

Cages of stock eh? I was thinking cages of animals, I thought you were a zoo keeper:D
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I really want to get a Chawner tshirt made up, but I'm not sure what image to go for. Phil grabbing Emma's flapjacks? Audrey on her LazyAud? Emma smoking a ****? Or should I get one with them all gathered round watching the telly? Ahh, so many choices! :D Of course it will say "Tak Car" on the back. I'll be a hit with everyone on-site and also when the new term starts up!
    I'd go for the very glamorous Audrey Chawner if I were you

http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/shows/lorraine-kellys-next-big-fat-challenge/gallery/carouselGallery/0/assetPhotos/01/image/Audrey%20asleep620.jpg
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    ;) You get used to it! Honest.

That's my every day activity, plus watching the cleaner and gardener and dog walker ( though it breaks my heart that I can no longer do that, it was the highlight of my day :( )

Although there's not enough hours in the day for all my hobbies!! :p

All in all I quite like Chawnering around though, hopefully I'm nothing like them. I cook for starters.

Putting your smart price sausages under the grill for a bit is not cooking! :p
    Forum Member
    Putting your smart price sausages under the grill for a bit is not cooking! :p
    Putting your meal in the microwave is not cooking either:D
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Just noticed what Phil wrote on friday on facebook
    Audrey has got to go back for a monogram next week regarding the cancer we just do not know what is going on so we will keep you all informed

Now we know they've been told that it is almost certainly not cancer so I HOPE this is just Phil trying to get sympathy on facebook, but I dread that he has been repeatedly telling Audrey that it is cancer.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    Just noticed what Phil wrote on friday on facebook

Now we know they've been told that it is almost certainly not cancer so I HOPE this is just Phil trying to get sympathy on facebook, but I dread that he has been repeatedly telling Audrey that it is cancer.

I hope it isn't cancer - I wouldn't wish it on anyone, BUT - is it the yeast which has built up again because she can't wash herself properly?

Did he really put 'monogram'? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really did put monogram - the man is thicker than mince! Another one for the Chawner medical dictionary
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can't Audrey wash her breast area properly? She has the use of her arms! I will never be able to understand this! If she's getting sores under her breasts (or whatever) she should slap on the sudocrem (or similar) surely? I hate talking about this (*shudder*) but if it was her 'lady bits' I could understand as they must be hard to reach with her girth getting in the way (although I recall Alfie posting pictures of various implements to reach this parts! :D) but her breasts? How the hell can she not reach these? Lift one up with one hand, wash around and under it with the other hand, rinse and dry - so simple even a Chawner can do it! Bewildering :confused:

My son and I watched Bio's latest repeated episodes late on Saturday night, the one where Kelvin McKenzie has a right go at them (:cool:), and we were both surprised that it was SAM who sat there ready for a fight with that big, screechy voice of hers while her parents and sister sat there strangely mute, I don't think Aud said one word! Phil eventually piped up too but only after Sam had done most of the groundwork (with the odd comment from Emma). Sam defending her parents this way might be understandable if Phil and Aud were in their 70's but not their 50's! Just when did Sam start becoming 'mother' and defender to them all? But I loved the Chawn's stance afterwards that they won the fight, deluded or what? :D That's not what the rest of us saw!

My son came up with a great way to get Emma to exercise while watching her with the personal trainer. Take her out for a walk, confiscate her **** and watch as she storms off in a huff! Give her them back, confiscate them again and watch her storm off in a huff again and repeat ad infinitum. Like chucking a ball for a dog, she's exercised without realising it! :D
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    My son came up with a great way to get Emma to exercise while watching her with the personal trainer. Take her out for a walk, confiscate her **** and watch as she storms off in a huff! Give her them back, confiscate them again and watch her storm off in a huff again and repeat ad infinitum. Like chucking a ball for a dog, she's exercised without realising it! :D

That is pure genius!

I didn't even notice the 'monogram' thing at all. I'm a bit worried I'm getting far too used to thinking in Chawnerese.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lotty I think you should apply to be personal trainer to the Chawner family :F

And Alberon, you're not the only one who thinks in chawnerese. It's worrying ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lotty I think you should apply to be personal trainer to the Chawner family :F

And Alberon, you're not the only one who thinks in chawnerese. It's worrying ...

Very.

Watching the men's discus early on, I had visions of Em twirling her body around. If I'm not careful I'll transpose her body onto the great gymnastic athletes frames. :eek: What a horrible thought.

:mad: Oh, and I'm extremely offended. I do NOT grill Smartprice sausages. They're at least Walls' finest, but usually made by our local butcher *puts nose in air in disdain"

;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    Very.

Watching the men's discus early on, I had visions of Em twirling her body around. If I'm not careful I'll transpose her body onto the great gymnastic athletes frames. :eek: What a horrible thought.
    YOu
    :mad: Oh, and I'm extremely offended. I do NOT grill Smartprice sausages. They're at least Walls' finest, but usually made by our local butcher *puts nose in air in disdain"

;):D

A true member of the Cult of Chawner knows sausages are fried, never grilled. That would make them almost healthy!! Come on Tally, you're one of the founder members, you must lead by example ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A true member of the Cult of Chawner knows sausages are fried, never grilled. That would make them almost healthy!! Come on Tally, you're one of the founder members, you must lead by example ;)

:cry::o Oops, my bad. I meant to say I fried them along with the onions.