Should boys who have longish hair wear a headband?

MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
Forum Member
Opinions please? :)

Comments

• MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    yes/no?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Noooo
  • yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member
    no and they should get a haircut
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    If they want to, but it shouldn't be some kind of requirement. I love men with long hair :D What makes you ask OP?
    Forum Member
    junglered wrote: »
    If they want to, but it shouldn't be some kind of requirement. I love men with long hair :D What makes you ask OP?

I have medium length hair and I want to wear a headband for outings with friends and stuff :) I suit them I've been told but I don't see many boys wearing them. And btw without sounding to dumb, what does OP stand for?
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    OP = opening or original poster, basically the one who started the thread.

I'm a guy who's had long hair for 10 years. I've occasionally worn a headband, but only around the house and visiting other friends houses. Not really out in town or on night's out though, only because I thought it was more of a casual look and didn't suit me outside. Plus when I go out I like to give my hair complete freedom.

If it suits you, then it should be fine I think. :)

I always wanted long hair, ever since I was about 8 or 9. lol
  • randy toksvigrandy toksvig Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    I love a man with long hair too!

What type of band are you referring to? A plastic alice band or tied-up fabric band?
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Primp it, mousse it, tease it, love it, wear-it-any-which-way-you-wanna, 'cos when its gone, ITS GONE!

Pose with pride!:D:p:)
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Wahl clippers.

No 2 comb attachment..

You know it makes sense.

Long hair is for hippies and women.

Headbands are for 70's tennis players.
    Forum Member
    I love a man with long hair too!

What type of band are you referring to? A plastic alice band or tied-up fabric band?
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Primp it, mousse it, tease it, love it, wear-it-any-which-way-you-wanna, 'cos when its gone, ITS GONE!

Pose with pride!:D:p:)

hehe, thanks! and yeah like fabric :)
  • ceefax2ceefax2 Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I don't think they should have long hair in the first place let alone wear a headband. It is so girly!
    Forum Member
    ceefax2 wrote: »
    I don't think they should have long hair in the first place let alone wear a headband. It is so girly!

Why not? I don't mean 'long' hair as a girl, just long for a boy :)
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally disagree. To me, long hair seems masculine because it's natural, rather than primped and preened. Long hair makes it seem like the guy doesn't care about poncy grooming and hair gel - doesn't even bother to cut his hair in fact.

I don't mind beards too, for the same reason. I like my men hairy and untidy and natural.

Hairbands, ponytails, whatever... - definitely go for it, if you like the look.

The only no-no is long hair round the sides when the top is bald. That's so sad. Better to bite the bullet and get a number one if that happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's like a bandana like Dougie from McFly wears then no problemo
    Forum Member
    Blah123 wrote: »
    If it's like a bandana like Dougie from McFly wears then no problemo

yeah! thanks :D
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member

Well it suited Jesus.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yappy wrote: »

My son has very thick dark brown wavy hair (Rory McIlroy is the best celeb i'd compare him to) with big blue eyes and very dark thick eyelashes.

There's no way he'd suit a number 1 haircut.:D

He's a stunner.

Hairband, no way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    OP,I think a bandana type headband looks fine on boys, and if you like that particular look then you should wear it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    yappy wrote: »

I've never understood why some people tell men with long hair to get a haircut. People should have their hair exactly how they want it. Why is long hair considered feminine anyway? Bikers and heavy metallers often have long hair and I don't think anyone could call them feminine! Also in historical terms the majority of men having very short hair is a relatively reason thing anyway.

Personally I think there's not nearly enough men with long hair!:D
    Forum Member
    I've never understood why some people tell men with long hair to get a haircut. People should have their hair exactly how they want it. Why is long hair considered feminine anyway? Bikers and heavy metallers often have long hair and I don't think anyone could call them feminine! Also in historical terms the majority of men having very short hair is a relatively reason thing anyway.

Exactly although I'm a guy and I do prefer dating a guy with short hair, I like having long hair myself! haha
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too. Love long hair on men.
  • Phil.Phil. Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    It's up to the individual, on some guys a headband can look good, on others (like me) it wouldn't :)

As a gay guy I much prefer guys with long hair. Too many just go for the generic number 2 all over and it's boring. Hair is an extension of your personality, just like the way you dress. Have fun with it, do different things with it, especially when you're young as chances are it will soon go, unless they find a cure for baldness soon.
  • Sesay2000Sesay2000 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to do things with my hair but I never had the chance from my early 20s.
    Forum Member
    Sesay2000 wrote: »
    I'd love to do things with my hair but I never had the chance from my early 20s.

why not?
  • PogofacePogoface Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I'm sure you think you look like John Lennon with your long hair 'man'. But the truth is you're just undermining what you're parents fought for - freedom from communism.