Comments

• BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes...
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Yes...

I'm convinced this thing exists from what I've read, witness testimony and footage I've seen. Should be an interesting watch.
    Forum Member
    I've recorded the programme, but it seems as if it's not interesting many people judging by this thread.......never mind.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched it.... looks like a classic hoax IMO, lots of dramatic footage with no actual evidence. People are weird!!
  • MarkyTheMonkeyMarkyTheMonkey Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    I just watched it.... looks like a classic hoax IMO, lots of dramatic footage with no actual evidence. People are weird!!

yeah I thought much the same. It started out following these 3 sets of 'Hunters' & it finished with a Blair Witch type scary experience in the woods.

I feel like we have been duped into watching something that was half documentary & half drama.
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    People are weird!!

Especially people with sheep dna :o
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Utter hoax I'm sure. Where were the experts to examine the 'body' that unbalanced looking guy is evidently hauling around the US?

Kudos to the cameraman/documentary maker in being brave enough to spend time in the woods at night with a trigger happy fantasist and an equally disturbing individual who quite likely mutilated his poor dogs neck to try and make it look like an attack. :o

Very weird programme, it did seem half documentary, half drama and wasn't quite sure which one it wanted to be.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Utter hoax I'm sure. Where were the experts to examine the 'body' that unbalanced looking guy is evidently hauling around the US?

Kudos to the cameraman/documentary maker in being brave enough to spend time in the woods at night with a trigger happy fantasist and an equally disturbing individual who quite likely mutilated his poor dogs neck to try and make it look like an attack. :o

Very weird programme, it did seem half documentary, half drama and wasn't quite sure which one it wanted to be.

Fully agree. A bunch of clueless rednecks, most of whom seemed to be severely short of brain cells. Stumbling about in the backwoods totin' guns and huge torches is not the best way to see rare animals, as any fule kno.
    The more intelligent one (the one who at least seemed to understand that they needed to be quiet and dark) seemed like a ray of hope at first, but then he started rambling on about UFO's disguised as planes! Strewth, what an insight into some peoples lives.
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Some seriously weird people on that programme, who I'd rather spend a night in the woods with less than an actual bigfoot!

The "attack" near the end was a definite jump moment but I strongly doubt it was real - if it was, it'd be one of the most famous video clips in the world by now. A hoax by either the film makers or the nutjob and serial bigfoot liar (perhaps with an accomplice dressed up) imo.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was definitely not for real and reminded me of Ghostwatch. That red neck hunter bloke was a complete retard.
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic documentary! Initially hilarious and then increasingly disturbing - especially the Rik guy in the woods whom I started off having sympathy for and then realised he was seriously screwed up and quite a nasty piece of work. Kudos to the documentary maker!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched most of the program and remember the fake suit in the freezer incident.
    I'd like to think bigfoot was real, maybe there were some a long time ago. Indian legends and all that.
    Every time someone comes up with evidence they come across as bad tempered liars though in the end.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone hear the producer say to Rick 'are you expecting Bigfoot to come along and jerk off a piece of meat?' I almost dropped my beer!
  • mariegriffithsmariegriffiths Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Who need actors when you have scripted reality like this. I wonder who wrote the witty dialog. Chris Morris?
    I do hope the dog's injuries were good makeup though and the producers did not encourage a real injury to be made for the show.

I think it should have been sceened correctly next Tuesday for April 1st because otherwise there might be some real complaints from the Animal Lib lot towards the production office. Can they make it clear no animals were harmed and this was a joke at once?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »

Thought this was a fantastic bit of TV, but felt a bit disgusted by some of the stuff I've read about this afterwards.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge the homeless guy until you've seen the interview with him here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcJvK0kYkQ

He seems very genuine, admits that the final sequence was staged with a crew of about 9 or 10 people. More worryingly he took his dog to the vet and found that the injury was caused by a blade, which unfortunately suggests that crazy Rick or the filmmakers may have been involved.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt the film maker provoked Rick to make it more "edgy" and why did he actually not comment at the end. The other Storyville programmes I've seen were more factual and better researched. Definitely something not quite right about this.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,503
    Forum Member
    It is one thing not being able to film a clear shot of a wild animal (*) in the open at night but to not being able to film a clear shot of a dead body on display is one clear clue it was all hokum.

(*) "Wild? I was absolutely livid!"

:D
  • BlondiniBlondini Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Better quality photos of the supposed Bigfoot on tour:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/rick-dyer-bigfoot-hunter-shares-new-photos-alleged-monster-sasquatch-photos-1550933

and another one:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Time_to_outlaw_killing_Bigfoot.html

The people wanting them done for murder are interesting! If it really is a relative of a human then it's murder. Even if it's an animal, it could be considered an endangered species. Would be a nice irony if these dumb rednecks did get done for it! At least some of the "hunters" in the doc had capture and tranquilise as an option. I don't believe any kind of bigfoots exist - the recent Channel Four three-parter was pretty conclusive on that.

This Dyer is a nut and if he did mutilate that guy's dog that's awful. He admitted to a previous hoax in 2008.
  • Robin DaviesRobin Davies Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I was baffled by the "attack" sequence near the end of this. It all seemed too much like a Blair Witch-style horror film. Was it supposed to have been filmed by Morgan Matthews? I assume we were supposed to think that Rick had hoaxed Matthews but I suspect Matthews was in on the whole thing.
    Forum Member
    I was baffled by the "attack" sequence near the end of this. It all seemed too much like a Blair Witch-style horror film. Was it supposed to have been filmed by Morgan Matthews? I assume we were supposed to think that Rick had hoaxed Matthews but I suspect Matthews was in on the whole thing.

Apparently Morgan Matthews has stated that he believes that Rick Dyer tried to hoax him by having somebody dress up as Bigfoot & attack him.

Although if you watch the video interviews with the homeless guy Jeff on youtube, he says that there were more than two people involved with the filming & that the 'attack' sequence was filmed several times.

On a side note, my favourite hunters were Dallas & Wayne, they have a room covered in photos of their research, yet not one photo of a Bigfoot. lol
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I agree. Right until that sequence (or specifically just before, when Morgan was woken up by Rick crashing in to his tent) I believed that Morgan was doing his best to make a documentary. However as soon as he got out of the tent I started to think the whole thing is acted and Morgan is involved. It became obvious during the shooting-in-the-woods sequence I think, when things just didn't seem quite right. I firmly believe the whole set up with Rick was acted by everyone involved, including Morgan.

I'm not sure about the homeless guy. I watched the youtube clip someone posted earlier (there are also a couple more) and I would believe he was homeless and they drafted him in to assist (as he kind of indicates in the clip). However the thing with the dog just doesn't ring true, and he maintains the dog was intentionally injured. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't take it that far for a documentary. The injury to me seemed not that fresh (I'm no vet) as there was no blood. It was almost as if it was some kind of infection on top of an injury if that makes sense. If the dog had just been attacked it would have had blood everywhere, surely? And probably would be licking itself I imagine. The homeless guy was also not at all bothered and said he was going to tie the dog back up (presumably to the tree he had been convinced it was attacked at).

My theory on the dog is that it was already injured somehow (and was ok, seen by a vet, and healing) and they used it as a prop. I'm not sure it even belonged to the homeless guy - I think they just 'borrowed' an injured dog. But if that's the case then the homeless guy is lying in the clip above, so I don't know :confused:

I found the documentary hilarious. However I REALLY want to know whether the other 'hunters' are actors as well. Something seemed a little 'too' funny about the duo who spent their entire time drinking beer and calling out words to coax the bigfoot. And something seemed a little off about the car crash during the other hunters trip. Anyone else think the same?
    Forum Member
    Tom Biscardi is worth a series of his own - he was unintentionally hilarious in this documentary! The two 'redneck' characters were also good value.

The History Channel series 'Finding Bigfoot' is a far more serious attempt to track down this elusive and fascinating creature. I tend to believe Bigfoot or Sasquatch does exist, although this particular documentary didn't do the subject any favours to be honest.
  • Robin DaviesRobin Davies Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »
    However the thing with the dog just doesn't ring true, and he maintains the dog was intentionally injured. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't take it that far for a documentary. The injury to me seemed not that fresh (I'm no vet) as there was no blood. It was almost as if it was some kind of infection on top of an injury if that makes sense. If the dog had just been attacked it would have had blood everywhere, surely? And probably would be licking itself I imagine. The homeless guy was also not at all bothered and said he was going to tie the dog back up (presumably to the tree he had been convinced it was attacked at).

My theory on the dog is that it was already injured somehow (and was ok, seen by a vet, and healing) and they used it as a prop. I'm not sure it even belonged to the homeless guy - I think they just 'borrowed' an injured dog. But if that's the case then the homeless guy is lying in the clip above, so I don't know :confused:
    Good point. The dog was supposed to have been recently wounded but didn't seem to be in any pain at all.
    I found the documentary hilarious. However I REALLY want to know whether the other 'hunters' are actors as well. Something seemed a little 'too' funny about the duo who spent their entire time drinking beer and calling out words to coax the bigfoot. And something seemed a little off about the car crash during the other hunters trip. Anyone else think the same?
    The duo seemed quite convincing at first, though I was a bit taken aback when the wife of rabbit-DNA-man called him "retarded" in his presence! I'd forgotten about the car crash but that does indeed seem a bit fishy. If Matthews was in on the hoax, does that mean his facial bruises were just makeup? The programme was part-funded by the BFI so maybe it was all a clever post-modern joke!
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    Tom Biscardi is worth a series of his own - he was unintentionally hilarious in this documentary! The two 'redneck' characters were also good value.

The History Channel series 'Finding Bigfoot' is a far more serious attempt to track down this elusive and fascinating creature. I tend to believe Bigfoot or Sasquatch does exist, although this particular documentary didn't do the subject any favours to be honest.

Is that the show in which the presenters roam about the countryside claiming every broken branch or animal call is a "squatch"?
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the whole thing was a hoax, from start to end, with the documentary maker fully involved with the final Big Foot chase through the wood.

There's been a trend for fake documentaries in recent years:

I'm Still Here (2010) - Documenting Joaquin Phoenix's transition from the acting world to a career as an aspiring rapper.

Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010) - The story of how an eccentric French shop keeper and amateur film maker attempted to locate and befriend Banksy, only to have the artist turn the camera back on its owner.

Catfish (2010) - Young filmmakers document their colleague's budding online friendship with a young woman and her family which leads to an unexpected series of discoveries.

Personally, I don't enjoy the genre as I can smell BS a mile off. I'd rather watch a good truthful documentary or watch some proper drama.

And I seriously doubt there's any more truth to Big Foot than the Loch Ness Monster or fairies at the bottom of the garden.