Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member

People who try about five cards in the the cash point, whilst the queue behind them grows.

At lunchtime! *rage*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    urt31 wrote: »
    That song about leaving a cake out in a rain...

No way...Macarthur park is a brilliant song, I don't know what it means but the Donna Summer cover was great!

I get irritated by people stopping in the middle of shopping aisles with trolleys and having long convoluted conversations with their acquaintainces and in doing so block the aisle completely.

Also parents who take their kids to the supermarket and then proceed to let them run around the store in a manic fashion irritating the hell out of everyone else trying to shop.

Minor irritations in the big scheme of things but my BP rises everytime I food shop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    shazzyfizz wrote: »
    I get irritated by people stopping in the middle of shopping aisles with trolleys and having long convoluted conversations with their acquaintainces and in doing so block the aisle completely.

I have often considered dropping random items into the trollies of these people while they're not looking.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I get really annoyed by people who push me in the supermarket while I'm standing in the queue.

Last Saturday I was paying for my shopping and this fellow comes up behind me with his trolley and says to me, "Excuse me madam, can you move, I want to get past you" and I didn't want to move but he pushed me out of the way anyway. I got really annoyed but I didn't say anything to him as I didn't want to start a fight. I was just annoyed at his obnoxious behaviour though. He also took up loads and loads of space in the queue and was occupying the whole checkout with his shopping.
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say "Ooh, imagine if this was real money." when playing Monopoly.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I didn't want to move

Sounds charming.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgetting to shake the ketchup bottle then getting gross tomato sauce pre-cum all over your food :mad:
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People on the tube platform who don't realise other passengers are behind them and need to get on the train too. They take a step into the carriage and then look all around them, probably taking in the view, before moving further in and allowing other people on.

I'm afraid I've been known to shove a bit at this point. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In supermarkets, I hate short fat people who lean over their trolleys as they push them (v slowly)!
  • slotslot Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    When it's raining and I'm walking close to the side of a building to minimise getting wet...

... then some plank with a brolly wants to hug the wall!!

Get out you muppet! - You're the one with a brolly! :mad:

nice thread :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people who drive in the middle or outside lane in the motorway when there is NOTHING in the inside line.

actually this pretty much reduces me to a quivering jibbering rage wreck it winds me up so much.

why do so so many people do this? will someone please tell me and then maybe if i understand why they are doing it I won't get (quite) so angry?? :D
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBum wrote: »
    Brilliant thread!

Just watched the Cillit Bang advert, they always annoy me - how dare he walk in to that home without being invited!

Infact all adverts at the moment, mostly the ones that claim your eyelashes will double in length or a cream that will suddenly get rid of all my lines!

The old yellow pages ad used to bug me:

'My name? J. R. Hartley'

Then he cradled the phone to his breast without saying goodbye.

Must have been SO annoying for the person on the other end.

Well, you did say trivial things. ;)

And I lied - it doesn't annoy me intensely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Using half of a new bogroll just to get one sheet off it.
  • tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kipster wrote: »
    I hate people who don't press the button at a pedestrian crossing, and just stand there, waiting - it's very noticable in London - you see 5 people waiting to cross a road, and yet none of them have hit the button to stop the traffic.
    Strange, I've always found that every new arrival will press the button, perhaps on the grounds that the more the merrier. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Killroy!!!

:D

People who eat the last biscuit/cake/you name it/ but leave the box in the fridge or cupboard - why people....why!!!

In glasgow (my neck of the woods) people in the office who are on the phone and finish off near enough every sentence with "do you know what I mean"?

Errr, I am sure they would have said if they didn't after the first two or three times you asked them, hence the reason you don't have to repeat it time and time again. :eek:

People who take the last of something and then utter the line "you didn't want that....did you"? :mad:

Jars of beetroot...don't know why, they just annoy me.

People in shops who go to the fridge and pull out all the cartons of milk going through them one by one hoping to find one that goes off a lot later than the others, they continue on their quest leaving a trail of cartons hoping to find something that will last a decade. They are pretty much all the same love...FFS.

Reality TV shows that have absolutley no credibility or interesting purpose (the list is endless) but some included, Celebrity air, Celebrity love island, Callum Best's show featuring the groundbreaking concept of him not getting his Nat king cole for a period of time, anything by Jodie Marsh, How clean is your house (the novely kind of wears off after one watch, just give it up ladies, the occupier will go back to being absolute slobs the minute the cameras stop rolling and they two munters leave) there are loads of others.

People who think if they get a diet coke that will make any difference to their super sized KFC meal, why bother?

Beyonce, just far too much spotlight at one point where I could not bare seeing her (films, TV ads for hair & pepsi, MTV, on the radio, billboards, perfume range etc etc) add further nausea ZZZZ (nothing against her looks, a total fox).
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Killroy!!!....
    Jars of beetroot...don't know why, they just annoy me.

Neither are trivial, they are both evil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    People that say something 'is bias' when they mean it 'is biased'.

People that stop at the top of escalators and then look at you funny when you have to push to get past them.

People that turn their trolleys sideways so that it will block the whole aisle in a supermarket and then wander off looking for something.

People with double buggies in shops - how dare they try to go shopping with two small children!!

Bad grammar and spelling - there's no excuse for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Some of my pet hates are people walking slow in front of you when you're trying to get past and people spilling things on my floor - I get highly aggitated!
  • temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amercian pronounciation of "Niche"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    People (and round our way it's usually students) who pay for even the smallest item with their card. It takes even longer now that we have chip and pin.
    For gods sake don't these people ever have a few coins in their pocket, or do they just like showing how grown up they are.

One day I'm going to bloody well say something to one of them. I really am.

If you said something to me I'd say something back. I'm sorry it annoys you but you don't have any right to have a go at someone because they choose to pay for something on their card. Maybe they didn't leave the house with enough cash, or they had to buy something extra and didn't have enough cash on them. It only takes an extra say 20-30 seconds to pay by card, I should know cause I use my card to pay for almost everything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    People who say drawring! There is no R in drawing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClientFan wrote: »
    With a healthy diet and lifestyle, that should be enough to... <snip>

eeekkkkk:eek::eek::D:D
  • SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kipster wrote: »
    I hate people who don't press the button at a pedestrian crossing, and just stand there, waiting - it's very noticable in London - you see 5 people waiting to cross a road, and yet none of them have hit the button to stop the traffic.

This may sound dumb as anything, but does pressing the button actually make any difference? I've tried pressing, and not pressing it, but in the end the lights for traffic will stop at a predetermined time anyway.

Maybe someone could explain this trivial matter for me. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mollypops wrote: »
    People who say drawring! There is no R in drawing

Yes there is.........I see it.:D:D
  • MY_LIGHTER_SIDEMY_LIGHTER_SIDE Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    People who don't thank you for holding the door open, i take great pleasure in saying "yeah, your welcome" really loudly when they don't. They either end up thanking me or scurry off in embarassment :D
This discussion has been closed.