ciff richard
    sarah ferguson
    steve wright
    tom daily
    jessica ennis
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim bardon wasnt nice when I met him at the soap awards red carpet and tried not to sign autographs even though that was the point

Graham Norton was very moody when I saw him

James Bourne from Busted I saw when i saw his theatre show and he was so drunk and rude, all I wanted was a picture jesus

---

John partridge always has time for everyone
    I interviewed Liberty from Hollyoaks for my radio show and she was so nice!
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Years ago I used to work for British Rail & Bonnie Tyler was obnoxious - she was of the 'do you know who I am'? gang. Later I met a friend when we used to take our daughters to nursery and she said that BT used to go in to this posh hairdressers where she worked and she was dreaded there too.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitler.
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't impressed by Neil Morrissey or Frank Lampard, both rude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

---

John partridge always has time for everyone
    I interviewed Liberty from Hollyoaks for my radio show and she was so nice!

Is that the East Enders chap? He trains at the same gym as my fiance, they get chatting quite a lot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kpi wrote: »
    I have met Jamie Oliver, who is a lovely person and very friendly. On a flight back to NY, I was seated next to jeremy clarkson and he was rude and obnoxious. And got drunk pretty quick and It was sickening to see him chat up the young stewardess who promptly moved to the other section to be replaced by a camp steward. That shut Jeremy up :D The people in our cabin pissed themselves laughing.

Wasn't JC is first class?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    My friend took part in Bargain Hunt a few years ago and the BBC were filming a "celebrity programme" at the same time. Julian Clary was one of the celebs and my friend said when they were filming the shopping part he was so stuck up and up himself and refused to sign autographs for people who recognised him.
    When they filmed the Auction him and his Mother sat in the room set aside as the green room and didn't speak to or mingle with anyone, he filmed his bit of the Auction and then walked out with his nose in the air and hid away again.

He mightve been having a bad day, he was nice when I met him.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Maybe not so much of a celebrity now, but Carol Smillie. My sister was unfortunate to sit next to her when flying up from London only to be told "don't even thing about engaging in any conversation with me..."
    This seems to have triggered quite a few responses. :)

The ultimate put down would be "Why? Should I know you?".
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gene Pitney (I just know the dead ones. lol) Wouldn't speak to anyone at the end of concert or sign any autographs. Right grumpy git so he was.
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine used to work for an airline in London and one day Jasper Carrott arrived as a passenger. He was held up by a delay in checking-in and commented to someone Do they realise who I am and shrugged his shoulders.

He also said that Dina Carroll is also an right diva - diva by name and diva by nature.

He did say the Man United team were lovely and very respectful
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson, met him while on duty at birmingham airport. Rude ignorant tosser..

So no different to his TV persona then;)
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it on good authority that mr blobby is absolutely vile once the cameras stop running.
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Maybe not so much of a celebrity now, but Carol Smillie. My sister was unfortunate to sit next to her when flying up from London only to be told "don't even thing about engaging in any conversation with me..."

Funny she was like that, as I've met her a few times in real life and Carol's always been charming. Plus on Twitter she replies and chats away quite happily to people.

Again maybe one of those days when a celeb is tired and just doesn't wanna know. Gee I'm like that on flights a lot of the time, especially if it's a work trip :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    On a posiive note, I sat next to the late Jill Dando on a shuttle flight to London, and she was lovely, friendly chatty and not at all "TV"ish.

I was in a shop in Manchester when Bernard Manning came in..He bought two bottles of scotch and wanted to pay by cheque. He wrote out the cheque, and the shopkeeper asked for his guarantee card to back up the cheque. Manning went mad at this "Do you know who I am? People don't cash my cheques, they frame them and put them on the wall to show that I've used their little back street shop!"

The shopkeeper wouldn't back down,and in the end Manning tore up the cheque and left without the scotch (maybe he didnt have a cheque guarantee card?)
  • MajorkeyMajorkey Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Oooo nasty, I always liked Carol, she was smiley :)

:rolleyes::p;)

Carol should remember the adage 'be nice to the people you meet going up the ladder as you'll see them again on the way down'.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Majorkey wrote: »
    :rolleyes::p;)

Carol should remember the adage 'be nice to the people you meet going up the ladder as you'll see them again on the way down'.

or as my old boss used to say "The toes you step on today could be inside the boots you have to lick tomorrow."
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Brian Blessed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well some suggest that David Jason is more like Frost than he is Del boy Or Granville or Pop Larkin
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gkmacca wrote: »
    Brian Blessed.

I've met Brian. He was lovely. Maybe he was just having an off day. Not long after he won Celeb Stars in their Eyes performing as Pavarotti, he did a signing in Milton Keynes shopping centre and sang Nessun Dorma. Whole place shook at the foundations.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny she was like that, as I've met her a few times in real life and Carol's always been charming. Plus on Twitter she replies and chats away quite happily to people.

Again maybe one of those days when a celeb is tired and just doesn't wanna know. Gee I'm like that on flights a lot of the time, especially if it's a work trip :D

A chap I know who works in a catalogue shop once served Smillie. She was kept waiting, with everyone else, and uttered the immortal, 'I'm sorry, but do you know who I am?'
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it on good authority that mr blobby is absolutely vile once the cameras stop running.

So no different than when the cameras were on him, then!
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    I am sure some celebs are utter dicks in the flesh, but I am equally sure, especially those travelling are likely to be knackered, extremely irritable and just want to get home.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever met Jean Marsh or Tony Robinson? They're two of the TV stars I really imagine to be delightful in person. Honor Blackman is another.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    I am sure some celebs are utter dicks in the flesh, but I am equally sure, especially those travelling are likely to be knackered, extremely irritable and just want to get home.

Yeah, imagine people always thinking they're your friend, crawling to you, or taking the mick, or being envious, and disliking you, though they've never known you in person...