Number of sexual partners

Comments

• HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks!
    wow i was actually expecting so much judgment i dont know why.

Not from me, it's very cute. Do you not ever feel like you've missed out though?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    More than 10, less than 20.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Not from me, it's very cute. Do you not ever feel like you've missed out though?

No, i see my friends the majority still looking for the one. and the ones who have found them and who are happy in their relationships. had to kiss many frogs to get where they are now. so to speak.

i always know deep down i am lucky. i still feel the same as when we fell in love. the way i see it is if my personal likes box's are all ticked. why would i feel like i missed out. My husband asked me this question once, whilst on holiday. and i told him no as i knew what i wanted in a man before i met him.

since this thread is about sex, if you mean in a sexual way if i feel like i missed out. i say no to this to as i enjoy sex with him very much. i made up for lost time lol
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, i see my friends the majority still looking for the one. and the ones who have found them and who are happy in their relationships. had to kiss many frogs to get where they are now. so to speak.

i always know deep down i am lucky. i still feel the same as when we fell in love. the way i see it is if my personal likes box's are all ticked. why would i feel like i missed out. My husband asked me this question once, whilst on holiday. and i told him no as i knew what i wanted in a man before i met him.

since this thread is about sex, if you mean in a sexual way if i feel like i missed out. i say no to this to as i enjoy sex with him very much. i made up for lost time lol

Yeah i did mean sexual, but if your both still going like bunny rabbits lol, then i guess it's all good :D

I'm glad your both happy together :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only read up to page one.........definitely not the norm but my count is ONE. and ONE only.

lol my story.......

slowly in my teens i discovered i am an old fashioned romantic, blessed with beautiful features and i guess a great personality (as i have been told lol so not blowing my own trumpet) it was fair to say i always recieved plenty of attention from guys.

but i could never take it to the next level. no am not gay at all. its just i enjoyed the interest on a deeper level not a sexual one. i wanted my first time to be special.

i met my husband when i was aged 23 and him 24 we had an instant connection
    we started of as friends with to much chemistry to r emain friends. the more he got to know me the more i got to know him, we would flirt, laugh and enjoy each others company. because our 'relationship' was not defined into a catergory the addiction to be around each other with our chemistry grew more and more.

my parents called what happened between him and i 'courting' the proper way. because after a few months. my husband proposed. we wanted the same things and it was clear we were very attached and falling in love.

i did what shocked many and i agreed. we married days after my 24th birthday.
    and i lost my virginity when we consumated the marriage.

i know some of u are reading this thinking what the?
    but the old fashioned way can be really special if u are soul mates.

five years later, we have two beautiful sons. and the spark is still there.

i dont feel like i missed out on anything. i do feel lucky and am happy to be content and to have some one whos content with me.
    Same sort of thing here - married at 26, lost virginity on wedding night, still happily married 15 years on. Wouldn't swap him for anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Yeah i did mean sexual, but if your both still going like bunny rabbits lol, then i guess it's all good :D

I'm glad your both happy together :)

lol :o thank you
    debonair wrote: »
    Same sort of thing here - married at 26, lost virginity on wedding night, still happily married 15 years on. Wouldn't swap him for anything.

:) thats great, wish you all the best always. contentment is a beautiful blessing.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Men brag a lot. They lie to impress. I wouldn't believe those numbers.

I agree with you absolutely, I wouldnt believe these numbers either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »

Why are they so hard to believe? Casual sex is the norm these days. It is so easy to go out and pick up a random for a shag. A lot of people are no longer stuck in the 1950's and don't believe in being chaste until marriage.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    Why are they so hard to believe? Casual sex is the norm these days. It is so easy to go out and pick up a random for a shag. A lot of people are no longer stuck in the 1950's and don't believe in being chaste until marriage.

I was going out and in that position between say 1994-2002, including college, uni, holidays etc and much of it in Essex and can count on the fingers of one hand the times I was even in that position and there was a sniff of anything. Some of it would've been down to me, but I'm normal looking. The wife has no suggestions why, which I suppose is a compliment.

But I struggle to believe how other blokes found themselves in that position 100+ times in a few years.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just the one (my fiance (is it one e or two I'm never sure))

FIancée is a woman and fiancé is a man, so you'll have seen the word spelt both ways. And both words are proper words, which one to use depends on the gender of the person in question.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going out and in that position between say 1994-2002, including college, uni, holidays etc and much of it in Essex and can count on the fingers of one hand the times I was even in that position and there was a sniff of anything. Some of it would've been down to me, but I'm normal looking. The wife has no suggestions why, which I suppose is a compliment.

But I struggle to believe how other blokes found themselves in that position 100+ times in a few years.

Especially in view of sone of the main braggers other posts about relationships and women in general. Not to mention pictures they've put up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I can only speak for myself...I suppose us gays are supposed to be more promiscuous! I really don't find it difficult to get a shag...and I am not claiming for a second that I am particularly good looking.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My workmates and I did a count of our previous sexual partners one boring, long nightshift. I think I was 42 (nearly 47 now) at the time and my total was about 57. Bear in mind that I went out socially almost every week from aged 16 until a couple of years ago to pubs and nightclubs. That's a lot of available women over the years. Only my fiancée since 2007, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a friend (well almost ex friend) who is helping to bring that average up.
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i dont do to bad but one of my mates bats them off with a stick and it is quite weird to watch the way girls throw themselves at him but i'd gladly trade places :p
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    MrGiles2 wrote: »

I can guarantee mine number is correct
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it a well known fact that there some kind of exaggeration going on (women are meant to underestimate and men overestimate??)

I am sure I've heard this over the years.

OH and I have never had the 'magic number' conversation and we've been together so long now I doubt it will ever come up. It's not a very exciting number anyway and nowhere near "average" !!
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    More than 10, less than 20.
    Why give such a small range rather than just putting the actual number? Or aren't you sure?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not for everyone lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really for those of us with a bit of self-respect and common decency.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Not really for those of us with a bit of self-respect and common decency.

Debbie Downer strikes again...some of us aren't so uptight. I am young and single...if I want to get freaky on a regular basis I will!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debbie Downer strikes again...some of us aren't so uptight. I am young and single...if I want to get freaky on a regular basis I will!!
    Ah, I see :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Ah, I see :)

Terribly glad I could clear that up for you...nothing like passive-aggression is there?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terribly glad I could clear that up for you...nothing like passive-aggression is there?!
    Who's being passive-aggressive?
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    40+ I can remember the names off :o:o:o:o

You might be marvins mum but who was marvins dad and does marvin know?