F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2013 Season

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Jonpollak wrote: »
    Yep..it's one of the downsides of my chosen profession.
    Would you and the other cheap drinking poster please list where in gods name these '£20 gets ya 10 pints' pubs are???? ...Please !!!

Jp

Loads in Gosport and in south Coast Hampshire, but price tends to go up quite a lot as you head out to the country pubs.

Here is one of my local pubs that shows sky sports f1, football and 3d. Its very large, excellent quality food and a very popular pub and a little expensive compared to many here.
    http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-gosport/white-hart-pub/
    There are many pubs local to me in Gosport, many built in the Victorian era and many are cheaper than this one, but with good reals ales.
    Gosport has many pubs all around that price, but also a ferry ride over to Portsmouth and the pubs are even cheaper.

Only added this one as very few have websites with prices. Of course even cheaper are the weatherspoon pubs, now they are cheap!
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Changing subject: Looking through the events calendar there's not a lot on this weekend except the WRC from Portugal
    Next WRC round is Mexico on 7th-10th March, Rally Portugal isn't until 11th April ;)

http://www.wrc.com/calendar-and-rallies/

Still no news on any UK coverage I take it? :(
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next WRC round is Mexico on 7th-10th March, Rally Portugal isn't until 11th April ;)

I must've been on something then, did a bit of googlign earlier for motorsports calendar events...

Found it.....it's the FIA European Rally of Portugal...

Nearly had me there Stef, thought I was going mad ;)

It's just clicked that F1 and the 12 hrs of Sebring are on the same weekend...woop woop!! The icing on the cake would be if Toyota show up at Sebring with this years version of the TS030 (even though I know they're not on the entry list).
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Last week's AUTOSPORT reported that Sky were the leading runner to screen the series from Mexico.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Last week's AUTOSPORT reported that Sky were the leading runner to screen the series from Mexico.

Whilst this week's Autosport says ITV4 are looking at it.

Keep up, D.M.N. ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »

Brilliant news if that happens.

Oh, and I try my best. ;):D
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »

ITV4 would be great news. I could start watching it again!

Ken
  • thedoppelgangerthedoppelganger Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    In my home the biggest 'perk' is the Sky+ feature,

Sky+ isn't a service anyone should pay for these days. Freeview+ PVR's do all the recording / timeshifting / pausing / rewinding live TV that you'd need - in many cases handling multiple channel recording far better thana Sky+ box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky+ isn't a service anyone should pay for these days. Freeview+ PVR's do all the recording / timeshifting / pausing / rewinding live TV that you'd need - in many cases handling multiple channel recording far better thana Sky+ box.

I'm in no doubt they do, and I'm sure given another period of time they'll be surpassed by something else. The point I was trying to make which you've pulled once sentence from is that I'm happy to pay for my sky bundle at present. I could quite easily forego the Sky+ element (for which i think i'm paying £5 a month at present) and just have HD etc but I'm not sold on the alternative bundles offered by other providers, I can't get Virgin broadband in my area for instance. It's not just about looking at the bottom line it's about the 'whole' picture so to speak.

At the moment I'm happy with my package, but as prices rise then i'll rightfully decide what's important to me and if I should be looking elsewhere.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Is GP2/3 Staying on Sky this season?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Is GP2/3 Staying on Sky this season?

Yes
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Yes

Good. Like hearing the commentator (whoever he is i've totally forgot his name) :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Good. Like hearing the commentator (whoever he is i've totally forgot his name) :o

Will Buxton??

Agree though, I like his commentary very much and really look forward to the races.
    Forum Member
    Will Buxton??

Agree though, I like his commentary very much and really look forward to the races.

Yeah looks like him. Some of the races are not too shabby either
  • dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will has confirmed hes doing GP2/3 again this year for FOM.

So how much will it cost to watch F1 in HD after the changes?
  • Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some news on NBC's coverage, Jason Swales ex 5 Live producer has joined NBC as their producer.

NBC Sports Network will have a pre-season show March 7th.

Apparently, like Speed they are only broadcasting FP2 and not FP1 & 3 (apart from Melbourne, where they'll show FP1 instead). Although, I suspect they'll stream the other sessions on their website.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Devil wrote: »
    Some news on NBC's coverage, Jason Swales ex 5 Live producer has joined NBC as their producer.

NBC Sports Network will have a pre-season show March 7th.

Apparently, like Speed they are only broadcasting FP2 and not FP1 & 3 (apart from Melbourne, where they'll show FP1 instead). Although, I suspect they'll stream the other sessions on their website.

Is NBC a free TV channel? I don't understand yank TV at all.

Ken
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't pay for it anymore. It used to be a feature that was not standard and you had to pay for it but not anymore
    Will Buxton??

Yes it is Will Buxton. He confirmed on twitter recently that he will be doing the commentary on GP2 & GP3 for FOM again.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Is NBC a free TV channel? I don't understand yank TV at all.

Ken
    Think NBC is free but NBC Sports network is a subscription channel.

Races with be split between the 2.

Hope having F1 doesn't interfere with there Indycar coverage as i'll be relying on there coverage via web streams this year.
  • Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Sky be covering the practice session for GP3 this year? Because they didn't last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iqbal_M wrote: »
    Will Sky be covering the practice session for GP3 this year? Because they didn't last year.

Unlikely unless FOM provide a World Feed with commentary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think NBC is free but NBC Sports network is a subscription channel.

Races with be split between the 2.

Hope having F1 doesn't interfere with there Indycar coverage as i'll be relying on there coverage via web streams this year.

Thanks. I'm not up on US TV at all. What is considered the best channel? What is the most popular channel?

I have no idea. NBC sound like a good step up in terms of exposure though.

Ken
  • TrinitronHDTrinitronHD Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where as some people maybe happy to forgeo Sky and go down the pub instead for coverage, I'm of the exact opposite. I want to watch the race in my own comfort
    Same here. I'm not convinced going to the pub is so economical either. I was in town with half an hour to spare on Wednesday so nipped into a pub to watch the Milan-Barca football. It ended up costing me £3.10. Yes, got a nice pint included* but spending a Sunday afternoon for F1 or football wouldn't leave much change out of a tenner.

* cheapest was £2.30 though I think the pump for that brew may have been connected to the dishwasher...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I'm not convinced going to the pub is so economical either. I was in town with half an hour to spare on Wednesday so nipped into a pub to watch the Milan-Barca football. It ended up costing me £3.10. Yes, got a nice pint included* but spending a Sunday afternoon for F1 or football wouldn't leave much change out of a tenner.

* cheapest was £2.30 though I think the pump for that brew may have been connected to the dishwasher...

Doesn't anybody have a sense of fun on this thread!? :rolleyes:

I thought I was the grumpy old man! :D

Ken
  • Adam619Adam619 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm not up on US TV at all. What is considered the best channel? What is the most popular channel?

I have no idea. NBC sound like a good step up in terms of exposure though.

Ken

Not really both the NBC Sports Network and Speed the old home of F1 in the states are available in pretty much the same amount of homes.
This discussion has been closed.