covert affairs - season 4 - US pace

alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
Forum Member
✭✭
glad to see the show back though rather aanoyed they got rid of the title sequence, what do people have against title sequences these days?

Well anyway was a pretty good start, good to see they quickly answered of what was in the files Henry showed Annie. That first scene was also good, will be interesting to see what leads to that taking place.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I was quite happy they got rid of the title sequence!

I still don't like her and Auggie and I just kept thinking that he's gonna get his sight back and there will be a big soppy scene where he see's her for the first time.

Good opener, quite intriguing - love the fact they film on location and didn't just go for Bogota - Medellin is an amazing city, one of my favourite city's - so that was fab to see. Will be interesting to see where the Arthur thing goes, theres more to him shagging Michelle Ryan, it was something else entirely no doubt.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I missed the title sequence but only because I like the song, but I don't mind it being shortened.

Not keen on Auggie and Annie together either.

Also not keen on the 'This is what will happen, but we are seeing the lead up' way of showing things.

I'll mainly watch out of habit for the moment.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked Opener

Not really bothered about opening titles disappearing

Not keen on Auggie and Annie together either. Why anytime 2 leads have some sort of on screen chemistry does it have to lead to them getting together
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the song at the beginning, shame it's gone.

I quite like that they showed us the finale part straight away, it will be interesting seeing how the Cuba chief ends up fighting for Henry.
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    i liked the theme song also and i too am sorry that it is gone. i also do not like annie and auggie being lovers. wish she could find someone else.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Not the first episode to not have the title sequence - I'm sure it will be back. Personally, I always loved how out of tune it was :)

Not a good episode to open with at all IMO. Not keen on the direction the show appears to be taking.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure we haven't seen the end of the title sequence either, they do that sometimes, just leave it off for some reason.

I enjoyed the first episode and think the story for this season looks interesting.

I am probably in the minority that like Auggie and Annie together. Although agree that I hope they don't give him his sight back, but can see it happening.

I hope we have some Eyal action this season. I don't think he will find it easy to leave Mossad behind, be it from his own actions or them wanting him back/using him for something.
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed it. Where and when is it please?
    Forum Member
    Better episode this week. Arthur's story seems more plausible, plus Auggie and Annie were less irritating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And another show has to write a pregnancy story line just because an actress gets pregnant.

Out come the baggy clothes, the big hand bags over the stomach, and weird camera angles. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another show has to write a pregnancy story line just because an actress gets pregnant.

Out come the baggy clothes, the big hand bags over the stomach, and weird camera angles. :rolleyes:

I take it you believe women should not be able to get pregnant if they are on tv?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I take it you believe women should not be able to get pregnant if they are on tv?

No, I believe they should be written out of the show.
    Forum Member
    Auggie actor confirmed the titles are gone for good. Didn't know Kari Matchett was pregnant IRL - she's had the baby now. Don't know how that will affect the show.

Good episode this week.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad they got rid of the title sequence completely. I've always hated the song they used, and was glad when they initially trimmed it down a couple of seasons ago.

Anyway... I'm really not feeling it this season. I don't like the Annie/Auggie thing, plus Annie's missions are getting more annoying.

This week they didn't even bother with so much as a throwaway line to explain Annie going off on yet *another* unofficial / off-book / rogue mission for Arthur (who isn't even with the CIA any longer).

At least when she went to Columbia they pretended it was a holiday. But no explanation for France. Surely Calder (?) must be wondering just where the hell she's gone off to *again*?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Annie" got on my nerves towards the end of the first series, so I stopped watching it.

Same thing happened with, "Zoe" in "Hart of Dixie."

I think it was because with both, the novelty wore off and the plots were a bit naff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just not feeling this series.

Don't really care about the feud between Arthur and Henry, nor for Arthur's son.

The flash forward we saw at the start of the series is just annoying. I keep waiting for it to happen but know it will be an anti climax.

To say nothing of the 'relationship' between Annie and Augie.
    Forum Member
    I don't think I've really enjoyed an episode so far. At best they've been 'decent'. It's time to do away with Henry....Jai was a terrible character, so the show still having ties to him is a bad thing.
    Arthur's son is the best of a bad bunch of new characters. The new boss is annoying and Michelle Ryan is.....bouncy. That's about it so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another week, another unsanctioned / unofficial / off-book / rogue mission for Annie, without Calder or anyone else asking WTF she was...

Michelle Ryan was awful. I also thought it was laughable that her new ID and old ID looked exactly the same... You'd think they could have at least changed her hair colour for the flashbacks or the present-day scenes.

Henry is tiresome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    despite a shaky season that ended really strongly. Explains the Michelle Ryan role now, which was baffling at the time and the long drawn out story line with Taio.

Much stronger season finale than last seasons ending.

So Mossad is back - massive yay! and no sappy Annie and Auggie next season - massive massive yay! and hopefully some darker stuff as she goes after Henry. Next season should be good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they hadn't shown the flash forward at the start of the season, it ruined it for me.

This season has mainly felt like filler to me, they could have done most of it in 2 or 3 episodes.

Covert Affairs should be about Annie fighting terrorists rather than internal politics, and especially some sad man who is upset his son died.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they hadn't shown the flash forward at the start of the season, it ruined it for me.

This season has mainly felt like filler to me, they could have done most of it in 2 or 3 episodes.

Covert Affairs should be about Annie fighting terrorists rather than internal politics, and especially some sad man who is upset his son died.

Seriously, he's just coming across as pathetic.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the episode. Yey to Eyal being back, :D

Strong mid-season finale imo but agree that I would have preferred if we hadn't had the flash forward at the beginning.

I am getting really fed up of Henry too and I am really looking forward to him being taken down.
    Forum Member
    Yeh, the flashforward made it too obvious that it was a misdirection.

Henry needs to die. I keep hoping someone will pin him to the wall and yell 'NO ONE CARES ABOUT JAI!!!' in his face :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finding the dark/dead annie stuff a tad boring :( and I hope its not going to be as obvious as them all getting their jobs back and Annie and Auggie get back togeather. But I think thats gonna happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not bothered by the stuff with Annie. Although I do think she looks better as a brunette.

I'm actually more interested in Auggie and Calder working together back in DC, going against Henry.