Jill Gascoine has Alzheimers

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338142/TVs-Gentle-Touch-star-Jill-Gascoine-76-reveals-hit-Alzheimers.html

I was very sad reading this. I always really liked JG and remember her well in the Gentle Touch and other progs. I cannot believe that she's 76. Don't know where the time has gone!

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, I used to watch The Gentle Touch all the time when I was younger. Probably the only british police drama i've ever properly watched. Sad news.

Honestly didn't realise she was married to Alfred Molina though!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's sad. Good actress. Like her lots.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    That's really sad news.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I always wondered why she suddenly decided not to take the role she signed for in Eastenders. Very sad news for her and her husband.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's very sad, loved the series and thought she was a gorgeous looking woman. I liked her as an actress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd find a cure for this damn illness.

The key has something to do with the spice Turmeric,as hundreds of lab tests are being performed with this spice.

A cure soon we hope.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    She looks good for 76. I watched The Gentle Touch as a kid all the time. Poor Jill.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had forgotten all about that show. I loved is as a kid.

Poor Gill. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horrible illness. Poor Jill. :(
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought she had very expressive eyes and seemed a very gentle person.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been looking at a clip of her in The Onedin Line on YouTube but I can't get it to link.

That was in the days when everybody had their own teeth. All actors now have dazzling white even teeth.;)
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Sad to hear Jill has Alzheimers, Its a terriible illness

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy :(
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had no idea she was married to Alfred :)
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news, I used to love Gentle Touch and CATs eyes. I did t know until today that she was going to be in Eastenders.
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill Gascoine has always been a very good and professional actress and my thoughts go out to her [and her husband] now. I saw her in a stage play once and she was excellent.
    Very sad news.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have a crush on her when I was a kid. Really horrible news.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know who she is, but Alzheimers is such a terrible illness. My grandad had it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor woman., She had class, was caring and all her work colleagues said she was a delight to work with.

Lovely woman x
  • Laptop LilLaptop Lil Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very sad to hear this. Jill was a very talented actress who never courted any scandal and has been very happily married to actor Alfred Molina for 26 years. It is so nice to hear of a celeb couple supported each other through terrible times, instead of seeking media attention all the time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely lady and good actress, just been watching the Gentle Touch DVd's .

Its a horrid disease , made even worse as there is little that can be done to stop it at present, terrible for the sufferer and the friends and family as you tend to lose the person long before they actually die , I do hope they are able to soon get a cure for this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt know she was married to Alfred Molina!
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks good for 76. I watched The Gentle Touch as a kid all the time. Poor Jill.

I remember watching it too on a Friday night around 9.00pm when I was younger. i think she was called Maggie Forbes and she had a son.

Preferred it better to Juliet Bravo on BBC at the time.

Sad news to hear about Gill
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad. Beautiful lady. Generous of her to allow herself to be 'outed' as dementia has such a stigma and its important that people become more aware / knowledgeable as it will affect many families.
    I knew she and Alfred were married years ago just pleasantly surprised they are still together - a rare showbiz success.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt know she was married to Alfred Molina!

Didn't he play Joe Orton that killed his lover Kenneth Halliwell?
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sad news. She's very beautiful and has wonderful.bone structure.