The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    lol... they've done it before, but always said they 'lost' their phone... I've a feeling they're preparing for whatever is next on the agenda and are busy, busy, busy.

I get the feeling that sometimes they just like to have a little bit of time out from the crazy world of Planet Jedward. I think they're also aware that their fans feel a bit lonely when they don't tweet in a while, hence the "we lost our phone!" tweets.

They've had another long run of work - Irish tour, Eurosong rehearsals and promo, Weird Wild World filming, Green Cape video - so it's understandable that they'd want to chill out for a bit.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually working! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a nice article from the Australian company who made the baseball jackets J&E were seen wearing this weekend:-
    http://www.exoduswear.com.au/news/n/could-the-custom-jackets-we-produced-for-jedward-help-ireland-win-eurovision-2012-120305
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, poor Liam is ill in hospital with pneumonia, he has just tweeted to a friend.

I hope the twins go and visit with some grapes :)
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Oh dear, poor Liam is ill in hospital with pneumonia, he has just tweeted to a friend.

I'm sure they will, unless he is contageous ...in which case...stay away!! :eek:

Aww I hope he gets well soon, its horrible, poor guy, I had viral pneumonia as a child, not good at all :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    I'm sure they will, unless he is contageous ...in which case...stay away!! :eek:

Aww I hope he gets well soon, its horrible, poor guy, I had viral pneumonia as a child, not good at all :(

Yes - I'd imagine he will have to recuperate for a while? The job is pretty stressful and tiring and he may have to take a bit of time off. I wonder who will step in to his role in the meantime.
  • InVyInVy Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Edward will bring him rotten ones and with venom and some glitter :)
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe Edward can make Liam his pea and toothpaste soup!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone! Haven't been around for a while, been tweeting a lot, Tumblring a lot...anyway, I thought I'd drop by and let you know what I've been up to!

As you may know, the Twins were in London last week, at a secret location on the East side of Town. As I live in South East London, this was a very handy location for me - it's about 15 minutes drive from my place, although I took the train in, which was only half an hour.

I arrived at about 5.30, met up with some other fans, who said that the Twins had gone out shopping, & would be back at about 6. We hung out for a while chatting, and sure enough, 6pm arrived, and so did they. John leapt out with about 5 bags of stuff from Adidas (surely there's no more Jeremy Scott left for them to buy??) & raced upstairs, leaving Edward to cope alone with the ravenous crowd of fans. Contrary to popular belief he didn't run indoors because there were "too much" older fans, rather he hung around for about an hour or so.

Eventually, after having loads of pics & chat with everyone, Edward made his way over to where I was, & I approached him to sign Rachel's CD. There's a story behind this. Back in Dusseldorf in January I had both Edward and John sign a panto T-shirt for Rachel, aka @worldmeetsgirl, who is currently living in Thailand (she leaves for Australia shortly, but that's another story). Edward signed, then went through to departures, and then John signed. I then rememberd I had a CD for her as well, so I got John to sign it, and I figured I'd get Edward to sign it at a later stage. 2 months and 3 countries later (Sweden, Ireland & England...) I finally got him to sign the blessed thing - not 10 miles away from my own house! It was very cool - when I managed to get a word in edgeways (he insists on mocking my accent), I told him, "This is for Rachel, you know, @worldmeetsgirl. You remember? You signed a t-shirt for her in Dusseldorf? She does those amazing comics about you and John?" This last part sparked him up a bit. "Comics? What comics? Have I read them? Get JedGen to retweet the link for me so I can read them!" Charlotte (JedGen) was there, so I asked if she'd previously posted the link, but she said she hadn't. When I got home I linked her to it, and she posted it. Presumably Edward's read the comics by now!!

Anyway, I told him I was going to Baku to support them in Eurovision, and so he then gave me a big hug, and we had our photo taken. A very nice photo too, he was quite relaxed that evening! He then walked off and started signing someone's phone...then turned to me, *stared*, and said, "You're Lisa, right?" I could have fallen over at that point, but i didn't, I was cool, calm and collected. I said "Yeah!" He then said, "Did you give us the iPhone cover for Christmas?" I said, "No, that was Mandy. Did you get my present at Eurosong?" (I'd passed some presents (art supplies for Edward, DVDs for John) to Paddy to give to them) "Oh the little canvases? Yeah!! Sooo coool!!!"

It mightn't sound much, but it's very significant to me. John has called me Lisa since the second time we met, which I've thought was really very lovely, but EDWARD had never ever called me by my name at all before...it's always been, "crazy fan" "crazy girl" "Australian" "crazy Australian" or whatever...or nothing at all, just hello. So, you can *imagine* how I felt to have him actually, after all these months, have him speak my name, and not only that know specifically what present I had given him the week before...my mind was blown away.

Anyway, Edward went upstairs to their hotel room, after first saying that he'd send John down. A few of us went into the hotel bar & had something to drink, and about an hour later John came down. He had loads of photos, mucked about with fans, signed one girl (Briony)'s car, and just generally had a good time. I was standing on the periphery, and noticed three young people absolutely exploding at seeing John. I went up to them and asked if they were fans, and they said yes. I asked if they had known the Twins were in London & they said no, they were visiting from *Saudi Arabia* and were staying in the area...SAUDI ARABIA! Seriously, Jedward have made it. Anyway, I forcibly grabbed John & told him to come and talk to these fans from Saudi Arabia...fortunately he realised how significant this was, and he chatted with them for a while, had photos etc. A little while later a family came out of the hotel, and it turned out the grandmother was celebrating her 60th birthday. She asked John for a photo, which he obliged. She called him sexy...apparently he was somewhat embarrassed at that!

Shortly aftewards he came over to where we "older fans" were standing, and started messing about how there were "so much older fans" & so I just grabbed him & said "YOU! PHOTO! NOW!" and told him I was going to kiss him...which I did...on the cheek of course :) It was such a fun photo - we then had a "normal" photo afterwards. He too was mocking my accent - I guess it's a feature they focus on, and they know I'm not going to get too upset, so they keep on doing it...I feel the need to hit them when they do it, so I do...it's all part of the fun.

I'll continue with the rest of my Jedventure later on this afternoon...consider this to be part one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww Lisa loved this report. It's so sweet that Edward has finally remembered your name, they really know how to make their fans feel special :) Can't wait to read more. (LOL at the 60 year-old woman calling John sexy :D )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant - can't wait for part two!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    LisaHafey wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Haven't been around for a while, been tweeting a lot, Tumblring a lot...anyway, I thought I'd drop by and let you know what I've been up to!

As you may know, the Twins were in London last week, at a secret location on the East side of Town. As I live in South East London, this was a very handy location for me - it's about 15 minutes drive from my place, although I took the train in, which was only half an hour.

I arrived at about 5.30, met up with some other fans, who said that the Twins had gone out shopping, & would be back at about 6. We hung out for a while chatting, and sure enough, 6pm arrived, and so did they. John leapt out with about 5 bags of stuff from Adidas (surely there's no more Jeremy Scott left for them to buy??) & raced upstairs, leaving Edward to cope alone with the ravenous crowd of fans. Contrary to popular belief he didn't run indoors because there were "too much" older fans, rather he hung around for about an hour or so.

Eventually, after having loads of pics & chat with everyone, Edward made his way over to where I was, & I approached him to sign Rachel's CD. There's a story behind this. Back in Dusseldorf in January I had both Edward and John sign a panto T-shirt for Rachel, aka @worldmeetsgirl, who is currently living in Thailand (she leaves for Australia shortly, but that's another story). Edward signed, then went through to departures, and then John signed. I then rememberd I had a CD for her as well, so I got John to sign it, and I figured I'd get Edward to sign it at a later stage. 2 months and 3 countries later (Sweden, Ireland & England...) I finally got him to sign the blessed thing - not 10 miles away from my own house! It was very cool - when I managed to get a word in edgeways (he insists on mocking my accent), I told him, "This is for Rachel, you know, @worldmeetsgirl. You remember? You signed a t-shirt for her in Dusseldorf? She does those amazing comics about you and John?" This last part sparked him up a bit. "Comics? What comics? Have I read them? Get JedGen to retweet the link for me so I can read them!" Charlotte (JedGen) was there, so I asked if she'd previously posted the link, but she said she hadn't. When I got home I linked her to it, and she posted it. Presumably Edward's read the comics by now!!

Anyway, I told him I was going to Baku to support them in Eurovision, and so he then gave me a big hug, and we had our photo taken. A very nice photo too, he was quite relaxed that evening! He then walked off and started signing someone's phone...then turned to me, *stared*, and said, "You're Lisa, right?" I could have fallen over at that point, but i didn't, I was cool, calm and collected. I said "Yeah!" He then said, "Did you give us the iPhone cover for Christmas?" I said, "No, that was Mandy. Did you get my present at Eurosong?" (I'd passed some presents (art supplies for Edward, DVDs for John) to Paddy to give to them) "Oh the little canvases? Yeah!! Sooo coool!!!"

It mightn't sound much, but it's very significant to me. John has called me Lisa since the second time we met, which I've thought was really very lovely, but EDWARD had never ever called me by my name at all before...it's always been, "crazy fan" "crazy girl" "Australian" "crazy Australian" or whatever...or nothing at all, just hello. So, you can *imagine* how I felt to have him actually, after all these months, have him speak my name, and not only that know specifically what present I had given him the week before...my mind was blown away.

Anyway, Edward went upstairs to their hotel room, after first saying that he'd send John down. A few of us went into the hotel bar & had something to drink, and about an hour later John came down. He had loads of photos, mucked about with fans, signed one girl (Briony)'s car, and just generally had a good time. I was standing on the periphery, and noticed three young people absolutely exploding at seeing John. I went up to them and asked if they were fans, and they said yes. I asked if they had known the Twins were in London & they said no, they were visiting from *Saudi Arabia* and were staying in the area...SAUDI ARABIA! Seriously, Jedward have made it. Anyway, I forcibly grabbed John & told him to come and talk to these fans from Saudi Arabia...fortunately he realised how significant this was, and he chatted with them for a while, had photos etc. A little while later a family came out of the hotel, and it turned out the grandmother was celebrating her 60th birthday. She asked John for a photo, which he obliged. She called him sexy...apparently he was somewhat embarrassed at that!

Shortly aftewards he came over to where we "older fans" were standing, and started messing about how there were "so much older fans" & so I just grabbed him & said "YOU! PHOTO! NOW!" and told him I was going to kiss him...which I did...on the cheek of course :) It was such a fun photo - we then had a "normal" photo afterwards. He too was mocking my accent - I guess it's a feature they focus on, and they know I'm not going to get too upset, so they keep on doing it...I feel the need to hit them when they do it, so I do...it's all part of the fun.

I'll continue with the rest of my Jedventure later on this afternoon...consider this to be part one!

Lisa, you are amazing and I am a lucky lucky girl. I can't wait to meet you (and other Jedfans) when I get back to the UK later this year!

If anyone is interested in reading the comics Lisa mentioned, they can be found at jedwardslittleadventure.tumblr.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant report Lisa - thanks so much for posting :) Wow - people from Saudi Arabia actually knowing who the twins are? That's amazing!
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Special Jedward programme airing on March 20th on TG4 (Ireland) http://t.co/XZOE1Nc4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 2!

Okay, so after my pic with John he went off and talked with other fans, then we all sort of gathered near the hotel doors, and he annouced he was going to Tesco. A few girls went with him, and the rest of us decided to have a "JedGen Crave" ie. a photo with Charlotte. While we were doing this, John came back from Tesco, and asked what we were doing...I said "It's not all about you, you know!" (I've no idea what comes over me when I'm around that pair)...and then he asked if anyone wanted any of the stuff he bought...loads of sweeties, chewy cereal bars and so on. I got a packet of sweeties, some of which John decided he wanted as well, then he insisted on me sharing them with others as well...this was my dinner! I was starving, but I shared!

John was at his cheeky flirtatious best, and decided @kerrycupcake, at 25, was too young to be married, and told her she had to go home, get a divorce, and tell her husband it's because she's in love with him (John). One of these days someone's going to take him seriously and he'll find himself the co-respondent in a divorce hearing...

I'm sure there's more that others could add, I know that Felinetype was there, so she might be able to put in her 2 penneth or correct any of my impressions!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic report Lisa, thanks so much for posting it! It's so fun to read really a detailed account like that - it sounds like you had an amazing time. :)
    Schehera wrote: »
    Special Jedward programme airing on March 20th on TG4 (Ireland) http://t.co/XZOE1Nc4

Cool. :cool: It's on Ponc on TG4, so most of it will be in Irish, but I'm sure we can come up with a translation for non-Irish fans. It should be viewable online outside Ireland too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're so lucky, Lisa! Sounds like you had a great time :D
    silverhand wrote: »
    Cool. :cool: It's on Ponc on TG4, so most of it will be in Irish, but I'm sure we can come up with a translation for non-Irish fans. It should be viewable online outside Ireland too.

I'm interested in seeing how good they are at speaking Irish too :p But yes, hopefully someone will be good enough to translate the Irish pieces too!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great report Lisa......are you really going to Baku btw? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the twins have just confirmed they are performing Waterline at the Romanian national selection final for Eurovision. That's great news - Romania are in their semi :)

I wonder if this will be shown online?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    ooooo.... I have a feeling Azerbaijan is going to do an excellent job as host this year... so excited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFV4pkG_QSg&feature=youtu.be

But at what cost? http://twitpic.com/8sv091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the twins have just confirmed they are performing Waterline at the Romanian national selection final for Eurovision. That's great news - Romania are in their semi :)

Great stuff Marc, and yes, I believe it is being streamed live by www.eurovision.tv :)
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you can watch it here http://t.co/OyLxJ4jZ
    but you need to have the octiplugin installed
    The Romanian final on Saturday is 20.00CET so that's 7pm in UK / Ireland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Great report Lisa......are you really going to Baku btw? :)

YES! I really am!!! I've got my Ist semi tickets (Jury rehearsal & live show) and flights...just waiting for accommodation and finals tickets to be released...I'm going with Nina, a German Jedfan, whom I've met a few times now :) I love this fandom!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the second part of your report Lisa, I also told once @kerrycupcake she was too young to be married (I'm just a few months younger) but I didn't tell her to divorce hahaha oh John.

Amazing news about the Romanian final. I'm pretty sure they won't sing live but it's always great to see the twins landing in new countries :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaHafey wrote: »
    YES! I really am!!! I've got my Ist semi tickets (Jury rehearsal & live show) and flights...just waiting for accommodation and finals tickets to be released...I'm going with Nina, a German Jedfan, whom I've met a few times now :) I love this fandom!

Good for you! The more Jedward fans there are in Baku, the better.....should be a fascinating place to visit too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Good for you! The more Jedward fans there are in Baku, the better.....should be a fascinating place to visit too :)

Well this is what I'm thinking! And I was an ESC fan way before I was a Jedward fan - last year's ESC semi-final was my first real exposure to them & my daughter & I still remember discovering JedwardTV & the 200K video the day after the ESC final, while we were looking for the lyrics to Lipstick!

I seriously can't wait - I've just had an e-mail about possible accommodation, so it may all work out yet :)
This discussion has been closed.