World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXII (Spoilers)

Comments

• jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Very awkward filler show, which is strange because you think they'd be trying to convince SyFy to move it to Tuesdays.
    Best bit was Piper's Pit. Rest was like one of those wrestling reunion events. Even the ending was thrown together.

Cannot believe they missed out on a golden opportunity to introduce Dean Ambrose by confronting and attacking Mick Foley. In its place was a badly received socko on Jimmy Hart.
    Tensai destroying a legend would have been progressive

Hopefully Cody will find himself in a family feud this year, culminating with him retiring Goldust.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wish they do old school raw again.

tonights smackdown 2/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=FTpqN4FtdbE

The ending of Backlash 2000, Attitude Era at it's very best!

one of my favourite wwe moment:) how I miss those days :cry:
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    negative reaction to raw i see? i thought it was pretty good,especially the lesnar/cena stuff

and yeh i did get excited by the bust lip
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful Smackdown.

Wasted Ambrose's debut by not having him turn up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell asleep before the main event but judging by the WWE homepage they were just trying to get Sheamus over big time.

The only current interest in the WWE I have after gradually losing interest in Punk/Jericho, is Daniel Bryan and Cena/Lesnar.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    I don't really get the idea of that Smackdown - we see half of these 'legends' on a semi-regular basis anyway!
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    I don't really get the idea of that Smackdown - we see half of these 'legends' on a semi-regular basis anyway!

Yep, they mostly work backstage. That whole show felt like a house show with cameras to me.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hunico vs Jim Duggan wins the award for most random booking ever.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Was smackdown on Sky last night?
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was on Sky Sports 3 at 1am this morning.
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone kills Scott Hall is it murder or an act of mercy?
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Hunico vs Jim Duggan wins the award for most random booking ever.

Not really. Mexican heel vs American patriot babyface. Makes sense to me.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Please no more "legends shows"! Why is Hunico and Camacho being beat up by Duggan and Slaughter? They should of got back up and attacked the legends, at least it gives them some cheap heel heat. Also let Mae Young have a happy retirement - does anyone really want to see her making out with people? Jimmy Hart needs to have a developing role, he can help produce the next generation of managers

How hateable is Heath Slater, hes doing a great job! I actually look forward to his segments
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »

Once again, great read. Really want to go next year! :p:D

(If you've got a spare ticket... ;))
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »

Another good'un :)
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    Once again, great read. Really want to go next year! :p:D

(If you've got a spare ticket... ;))

Ha. I really want to go again next year. The mate I went with this year isn't going to be able to though, other priorities.

I'm already looking at hotel prices! :D
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Hart could still manage in modern day WWE. He's a heat machine and his enthusiasm is wonderful. Guys like Kidd and Slater desperately need people like Hart and would certainly benefit from his presence. WWE's mentality towards managers is pure insanity. Their management often seems completely illogical.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,922
    Forum Member
    Wow how forgetable was Smackdown last night? The only highlight was the Pipers Pit segment with ma boy D Bry but they then he gets pinned by Sheamus in the tag match way to go WWE for killing Bryans momentum. So far for Extreme Rules we have Lesnar/Cena and Sheamus/D Bry in a 2 out of 3 falls the only thing thats Extreme about 2 out of 3 falls is that its 3 stages of hell. Sheamus summed it up last night when he said a drink to remember or a drink to forget and last night I had a drink to forget (thats a lie maybe it was 2 or 3:D)

Also Redmond gotta say enjoyed reading your Wrestlemania weekend posts hopefully I will go to Wrestlemania someday.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pretty poor show; the Legends were just the usual bunch that show up every so often anyway.

One thing that bugs me is that they're still clearly adding boos either piped or post-production to Daniel Bryan, because you can see the crowd cheering for him and chanting his name at the same time, no matter how villainous they're trying to make him look. I mean come on, even Piper was full-on face trying to put Bryan over as a heel, and it just wasn't working.

I think there comes a point where WWE bookers should admit they've got it wrong and go with the crowd flow.
    Forum Member
    Also about Smackdown last night why does Ryback keep doing those unusual arm movements do they mean anything?
    Forum Member
    LaFleur wrote: »
    Please no more "legends shows"! Why is Hunico and Camacho being beat up by Duggan and Slaughter? They should of got back up and attacked the legends, at least it gives them some cheap heel heat. Also let Mae Young have a happy retirement - does anyone really want to see her making out with people? Jimmy Hart needs to have a developing role, he can help produce the next generation of managers

How hateable is Heath Slater, hes doing a great job! I actually look forward to his segments

I dont dont get me wrong Heaths a good wrestler but as a talker nah his hillbilly accent irritates me.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    I'm back, baby! So what about those Nexus guys eh?... :D
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    I'm back, baby! So what about those Nexus guys eh?... :D

Where did you go? :p

Yeah, they sure are very Nexus-y! :D
This discussion has been closed.