Programmes you remember - but no one else does!

LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,721
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After contributing to the thread about kids TV shows that no one remembers I thought about starting an adult equivalent.

I'll begin with a show that was aired as a two parter I think around Easter 1996. It took me years to find out what it was.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0117274/

Over Here: A comedy about RAF and US airmen sharing barracks during the second world war.

One of the things I recall is the squadran leader who twitched every time he had to say the word Luftwaffe.

It starred Martin Clunes.

So what shows do you recall that no one else seems to do?

Comments

• ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    A show in the 80's on BBC2 called The Ritz. I think it was a comedy set in a nightclub and there was a follow up called The Continental. Nobody remembers it! I don't remember much about it myself as I was only about 11 or 12 at the time, apart from one of the characters had a massive hairy wart on his face! Strange the things you remember :D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    An asian cartoon called "Kum Kum" when I was 7 on Anglia.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Virtual Murder

Still waiting for the DVD. Sadly the male lead died quite young.
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Virtual Murder

Still waiting for the DVD. Sadly the male lead died quite young.

That looks like the kind of show I'd love to have watched. Too young at the time though.

Why not repeat shows like this on one of the digital channels?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pathfinders about a WWII RAF pathfinder squadron

An ITV series from the mid 70s that ran for one series & starred Richard Urquhart
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going Out, from the early 80s.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a series on bbc 2 in the 90s, mid week, that I thought was called the street, but nothing to do with jimmy mcgovern
    there were some students in a house with no glass in the windows, and a gay couple, and assorted others. it only ran 6 episodes because it was a bit weird.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and What Now? From the mid-80s.
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin's Sandwich starring Mel Smith.

And The Living Soap ... one of the first reality tv shows about a bunch of annoying university students. I recall the incredibly annoying yet naive Spider.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atlantic wrote: »

And The Living Soap ... one of the first reality tv shows about a bunch of annoying university students. I recall the incredibly annoying yet naive Spider.

A lot of people remember Colin's Sandwich.

A very good comedy - worth reshowing IMO.

Less remembered I suspect - and not quite as good - "The Other One" starring Richard Briers and Michael Gambon.
  • TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Atlantic wrote: »

I remember that. I got to know Spider when she was in her final year and I was in my second year, she'd grown up a lot by then and she did graduate, no idea what she's doing now.

Does anyone remember The Nutt House, short lived US comedy series in early 90s on BBC2?

The Five Mrs Buchanans, short lived US comedy on Channel 4 in mid nineties?
    Forum Member
    I remember that. I got to know Spider when she was in her final year and I was in my second year, she'd grown up a lot by then and she did graduate, no idea what she's doing now.

Does anyone remember The Nutt House, short lived US comedy series in early 90s on BBC2?

The Five Mrs Buchanans, short lived US comedy on Channel 4 in mid nineties?

I remember this one.

I also remember "Lame Ducks" and "Let The Blood Run Free".
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    After contributing to the thread about kids TV shows that no one remembers I thought about starting an adult equivalent.

I'll begin with a show that was aired as a two parter I think around Easter 1996. It took me years to find out what it was.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0117274/

Over Here: A comedy about RAF and US airmen sharing barracks during the second world war.

One of the things I recall is the squadran leader who twitched every time he had to say the word Luftwaffe.

It starred Martin Clunes.

So what shows do you recall that no one else seems to do?

I remember that being very good. Surprised it's not been repeated.
  • BoiledSpoonsBoiledSpoons Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    A show in the 80's on BBC2 called The Ritz. I think it was a comedy set in a nightclub and there was a follow up called The Continental. Nobody remembers it! I don't remember much about it myself as I was only about 11 or 12 at the time, apart from one of the characters had a massive hairy wart on his face! Strange the things you remember :D

I remember that, it was based on the play "Bouncers". That takes me back...
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Owl Service.... saw it on it's second run either in the late 1970's/ very early 1980's as a kiddie. super creepy.
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would love for the BBC to do a follow up programme on the original housemates (but not the replacements, especially not Camp Colin). These guys and gals must be pushing 40 now. Better yet show repeats on BBC4 now that they've got free slots originally scheduled for 1970s Top of The Pops.

Unfortunately The Living Soap seems to have been excised from BBC history.
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    The Owl Service.... saw it on it's second run either in the late 1970's/ very early 1980's as a kiddie. super creepy.

The Owl Service is out on DVD.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Owl Service is out on DVD.

oohh! ta!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I just remember dodgy cartoons from when I was a kid, Wattoo Wattoo Super Bird and Mr. Rossi. What the hell were they all about?:confused:
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brooklyn South.. brilliant US cop show from late 1990's
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Lee Evans have a sit-com ?
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats My Dog - ITV daytime quiz show with dogs from the late 80's. Loved it !

Bizarre - An American sketch show from the mid 80's shown late night on ITV. I watched it keenly as a teenager as you were always guaranteed scantily clad or bare breasted beauties..................yet no one remembers it !

Foreign Bodies - brilliant Irish comedy shown on BBC2 in the late 80's. Its never been repeated as far as I know. I fancied one of the nurses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizarre - An American sketch show from the mid 80's shown late night on ITV. I watched it keenly as a teenager as you were always guaranteed scantily clad or bare breasted beauties..................yet no one remembers it !

The only thing I remember about it was the stunt man Super Dave
    In my TV region they used to show it straight after Soap
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I loved this! really funny written by John Godber, it had of the best chat up lines in it by one of the bouncers trying to pull.... "I've had 3 shits today!" :D:D:D absolute classic
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Lee Evans have a sit-com ?

Yes it was called 'So What Now' and pretty average to say the least