Smokin` Hot Aliona!

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Rather late answer to this now but the camera filming the torch feed for the websites (BBC or London2012) is a static camera fixed to the lorry that proceeds the flame in the relay (therefore by definition the relay always finishes the live feed when the flame reaches its final destination each night (as these are usually places where the filming vehicle does not go).

thank you SaraV1380 :D

I understand that there is a camera on the relay truck that is doing the live feed, its just a shame that the feed does cut out if and when the flame has to go into a building for any reason - I just wonder why they cant have a remote camera for occasions such as this so that the viewer doesnt miss out

Or maybe it doesnt happen enough to warrant a remote camera - I dont know
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    I saw the JEdward brothers, each keeping one hand on the Olympic torch, amble down O'Connell Street the tree-lined boulevard in Dublin leading to the Liffey River, the aortic artery of Dublin. As they arrived at the head of a convoy, Áine (Awnya, "fire, joy, ardent") an 11-year-old girl with fuzzy ginger hair and pale complexion dressed all in white took over the torch. The public snapped away with a hundred cameras. The occasion made Áine a rockstar. All knew it would be their one and only connection in the flesh with the Olympics.

Back in Blackpool the Tower Ballroom is on the 4th floor reached by lift.

It would have been anticlimactic. 2000-year-old flame from Mount Olympus enters the lift. Lift door closes. Aliona presses the button. Lift ascends slowly in silence.....

Cameraman to Harry: "Ahem, do you come here often?"
    ;)

not at all :D its all part of the torches journey but I get your point :D
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    thank you :)

I dont really understand why the live Olypmic Torch feed was cut the second the flame went inside the Tower but at least we got to see their dance
    olivej wrote: »
    thank you SaraV1380 :D

I understand that there is a camera on the relay truck that is doing the live feed, its just a shame that the feed does cut out if and when the flame has to go into a building for any reason - I just wonder why they cant have a remote camera for occasions such as this so that the viewer doesnt miss out

Or maybe it doesnt happen enough to warrant a remote camera - I dont know

I know what you mean. On the first day, the flame went to the Eden Project which is my neck of the woods (Cornwall) and my Mum and I were following the coverage that day on the computer. The convoy stopped, and the cameras seemed to be taken off the lorry (horsebox) although there was a considerable time delay... the focussing was crazy and all over the place and actually made me feel like throwing up it was so bad.... Maybe after this experience they decided to stop trying to move the static cameras as the pictures were quite sloppy. :eek:

I dont know really, just was trying to give an explanation why the feed didnt go into the building...

Perhaps, as in all things technical, someone just forgot to flip a switch.....:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean. On the first day, the flame went to the Eden Project which is my neck of the woods (Cornwall) and my Mum and I were following the coverage that day on the computer. The convoy stopped, and the cameras seemed to be taken off the lorry (horsebox) although there was a considerable time delay... the focussing was crazy and all over the place and actually made me feel like throwing up it was so bad.... Maybe after this experience they decided to stop trying to move the static cameras as the pictures were quite sloppy. :eek:

I dont know really, just was trying to give an explanation why the feed didnt go into the building...

Perhaps, as in all things technical, someone just forgot to flip a switch.....:rolleyes:

it was frustrating to say the least but interesting to read about the Edne Project and the trouble they had - thanks for that - maybe, as you say, they decided it was too much hassle to move the static camera - or someone forgot to flip a switch :rolleyes::D
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    the focussing was crazy and all over the place and actually made me feel like throwing up it was so bad....

The dry and mild heat of the Mediterranean Dome is ok, but the Tropical Rain Forest Dome is punishment for north Europeans. A pedestrian walk-path spirals upwards amidst plants and past waterfalls (from ground zero to 260 feet elevation?) along the inside perimeter of the dome, heated by greenhouse effect. Temperature rises to 100 Fahrenheit and more, plus high humidity. Towards the top it reaches high fever temperature, and visitors require medical clearance before proceeding. The day I was there I spoke to a Malaysian visitor and he said those were authentic rain forest conditions. The only things missing were snakes and scorpions. I went native, i.e. topless.

Not sure if it was the sensitive BBC camera which went wonky or the sensitive BBC cameraman. Where are you David Attenborough when we need you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say i like alliona alot. She is the pro that was invented to piss off Len goodman which is great in my books (and shows James how to win symphaty in judges argument, when she only pissed herself laughing when len had a go at her). And i think she majorly stepped up her game cheographicalwise with harry.

But i have to say in much the same way it is funny that out of the new series 4 pros james, Vincent, Flavia and Ola ola is the only one to have won the competition, it is funny to me that out of the series 7 pros natalie katya and alliona Alliona is the only one to have won the competition.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Jupiter* wrote: »
    But i have to say in much the same way it is funny that out of the new series 4 pros james, Vincent, Flavia and Ola ola is the only one to have won the competition, it is funny to me that out of the series 7 pros natalie katya and alliona Alliona is the only one to have won the competition.

Not in the least bit 'funny' or strange - you just have to be lucky enough to have the right sort of partner that appeals to the public - like a handsome member of a popular boy band with natural talent ;).........it could be argued that Ola's win was far more impressive - Chris although he had a regular spot on BBC breakfast wasn't that obviously popular - not obviously handsome, or naturally talented in dance or as huge a fan base as Harry, no performance experience but she managed to forge an entertaining partneship with him and turned him into a decent dancer that appealed to the public - she had less to work with than Aliona and despite that still managed to win with Chris.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is for me funny that the most unlikely pro won. I say Alliona and Ola are the weakest of these pros cheographicallywise and there were for example for james a lot of contenders, vincent had rachel and louisa lytton, flavia had matt di angelo and Jimi Mistry, natalie had ricky wittle and scott maslen and only katya didn't really have a contenteder. I agree that Olas was funnier in a way, even her winner wasn't really a contenteder (and had some horrible, horrible dances) but Allionas was funny in a way that she was the ugly sister of the trio Katya, natalie and Alliona)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is for me funny that the most unlikely pro won. I say Alliona and Ola are the weakest of these pros cheographicallywise and there were for example for james a lot of contenders, vincent had rachel and louisa lytton, flavia had matt di angelo and Jimi Mistry, natalie had ricky wittle and scott maslen and only katya didn't really have a contenteder. I agree that Olas was funnier in a way, even her winner wasn't really a contenteder (and had some horrible, horrible dances) but Allionas was funny in a way that she was the ugly sister of the trio Katya, natalie and Alliona)

James has had some decent partners but I don't think any of them were winning material - Pamela Stephenson for instance was never going to go further than Kara or Matt Baker - those two were just miles ahead of her with the public vote because of their superior dance ability and more likeable personalities - I think Pamela had a marmite personality which you either loved or coudn't stand...........and with Flavia her only contender has only ever been Matt D but he lost out to Alesha - one of the best women dancers that SCD has ever had. As much as I like Jimi and think he could have improved if he hadn't been knocked out early - I don't think he would have won because as I said before Kara and Matt were such great dancers/personalties! With Natalie she had Ricky Whittle whose probably one of the best dancers ever on SCD - unfortunately he had the personality of a brick wall and since personality is what a lot of people vote on - it's easy to see why he lost out to Chris Hollins a much inferior dancer but with infinitely more personality than Ricky.........Scott Maslen was also a contender but unfortunately he run out of steam because of his other work comitments..........if you look at it closely it's not hard to work out why some pros win when they're lucky enough to get the partners that appeal to the public and some miss out on the win!
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing funny about Ola or Aliona's wins at all it they were well deserved. And Katya, Natalie and Aliona are all beautiful, as are all the female pros.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »

Hmm I saw this pic and few others of her DM online today. She's fond of inviting the paps to her workouts is our Aliona ;) She is looking in great shape though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliona and Artem's Rumba sure was Smokin' Hot:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    she's very hot imo. it's such a shame we didn't get to see much of her this series.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The short writeup with the exercise photoshoot.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2013/01/america-needs-to-get-off-its-ass/
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I know exactly where those photos were taken - on the state park at Key Biscayne (just off the Miami mainland ).

Funnily my mum and dad are there at present. I will have to tell them to look out for Aliona and take some photos if they see her!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »

It's amazing that the paps always know when and where she's takes her holidays and where she exercises and she happens to have an itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini on for them! More attention seeking from Aliona!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big in Japan should have been - Big in China.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Aliona looks more beautiful now she has toned down her previous hair colour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually preferred the red hair she had in those 2 glorious seasons with Matt and Harry.

She's so beautiful she always looks great though:)