Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few years ago my manager got a phone call

Caller:Hello is that the british heart foundation chartity shop?
    Manager:Yes how can i help you
    Caller: Hi well its Babs here and i have some furniture i wish to donate could you come to pick it up?
    Manager: Yes of course

This Phone call went on and off (with "Babs" rinigng to check that it was still ok for collection)

It was only when my manager got to the house she realised who "Babs" was
    Barbara Windsor!!
    She was very nice and donated way more stuff than she said on the phone.

My dads friend is a window cleaner one day he got a call to go to fairly posh estate
    he got there and a bloke opened the door and showed him round as he was looking at the windows a voice from the kitchen yelled out "Want a cuppa tea mate" he turned round and standing there was Daniella Westbrook!!

Ive meet a few south east news readers
    Rob Smith (Nice spoke to me and my mum for 10 minutes)
    Kaddy lee preston (Very nice even thoughs she was having an arguement on the phone she still signed for me)
    Geoff Clarke(Nice
    Bev thompson(Nice
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of years ago me and my mate went to Miami

We went into a cuban restaraunt and were really having a good time, my mate speaks spanish and she was teaching me how to order the meal in spanish.

The waiter came up and told us Armando wanted to say hello so we went to see him, he was short bald with a goatee
    but very charming told us the best places to visit and spoke warmly of Miami his friends then came along so we went back to our table.

When we went to leave we were told that Armando was paying for our meal so we went to thank him he gave us both a kiss and someone took our picture.

We had no idea who he was (we thought he must be the local drug Baron.)

Last year I was watching Jlo's video ' the floor' and saw the man again he was the rapper Pitbull.

He was an utterly charasmatic man even though he looked like a thug - been a fan ever since
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend found herself sitting beside Andie McDowell in a hairdressers in New York once and said she was lovely and friendly.

I also know someone who met Patricia Hodge at a party and thought she was very nice and very anxious to avoid the limelight.

Was she what I call charming?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    I met Boyzone when I was a teenager. I had tickets to see them on tour, but I was in an accident and was temporarily in a wheelchair, so my Mum wrote to them to see if there was a disabled section for me to use in my wheelchair so I could still go. They put me and my two mates in the VIP bit and we got to meet them. They were all really lovely - especially Stephen Gately and Mikey Graham.

We met Rod Stewart whilst on holiday. He was absolutely lovely, really friendly and charming. He asked to pick up my toddler and was lifting him into the air and pulling faces to make him laugh.

Thats it, unless you count a very rude, top three day eventer that I once met (not Zara).
  • cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Was she what I call charming?

Such Fun!:D
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny cash asked me for directions in 1984. Very polite man from what I recall

bookaddict wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised to hear that about Ralph Fiennes. I always though (probably totally unfairly) that he was a bit up himself. Always heard lots of nice stuff about Dames Smith and Dench :)

This is my view too. Anyone can have an off day, it's just that if you're famous, there's always going to be someone who will notice and stick it on the internet somewhere. But when people are rude at say, a film premiere for a film that they're in, there's no excuse for that. (I also agree that 'blanking' someone can often just be a case of not noticing them. I've accidentally walked past people I know, and just not seen them, and only discovered that I'd done it when they mentioned it later.)

Someone I know met Johnny Cash (who is something of a hero of mine), years ago, and said that he was a top bloke.

I've also heard fans say that Jeff Bridges is lovely to his fans.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie B wrote: »
    Lulu was awful when I met her! left a really bad impression on me.

She seems to get a lot of flak!
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend works in Scotland as a youth worker and just now realizes that the young actor who went up with a group of delinquent kids to a place called Beecraigs, Linlithgow (assault courses, team building exercises etc) was Tom Hardy!
    I was showing him a thing about Hardy connected to the new Batman film, he said "Oi! That's Tom! From the Prince's Trust!" and he ran and got this photo of Hardy, my mate Keith and all the lads:

http://www.tumblr.com/46fl;ward

He says ts changed his mind about going to see the film.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soilhoof wrote: »
    My friend works in Scotland as a youth worker and just now realizes that the young actor who went up with a group of delinquent kids to a place called Beecraigs, Linlithgow (assault courses, team building exercises etc) was Tom Hardy!
    I was showing him a thing about Hardy connected to the new Batman film, he said "Oi! That's Tom! From the Prince's Trust!" and he ran and got this photo of Hardy, my mate Keith and all the lads:

http://www.tumblr.com/46fl;ward

He says ts changed his mind about going to see the film.

Off topic I know so apologies in advance.:o

The Prince's Trust is an exceptional charity and its successes are many.
    I've got so much regard for those who privately give of their time and do it for others and never ever want publicity for their efforts.
    Your anecdote underlines it perfectly and its very likely that at least one of the 'delinquents' had their life changed forever due to the efforts of everyone (yes your friend too) involved in the course.:)
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I find people who ask for autographs a bit naff. So you've got a hastily written signature on a piece of paper. Well done. Why not say something interesting to the target instead if you have make contact?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    To be honest I find people who ask for autographs a bit naff. So you've got a hastily written signature on a piece of paper. Well done. Why not say something interesting to the target instead if you have make contact?

I don't think there's anything wrong with signing the odd autograph for a fan. If you're a celebrity you have to expect this. Anyone who doesn't sign autographs for their fans, they shouldn't have became a celebrity in the first place.

Edit: To be honest, if I became a celebrity for whatever reason, I'd probably want to make sure everyone got an autograph. I think there would eventually come a point where I'd be like: "no more". I would want to make sure everyone got what they came for though.....an autograph.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I have a bit of paper with a written scribbly word on it. My life is now complete.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

Edit: To be honest, if I became a celebrity for whatever reason, I'd probably want to make sure everyone got an autograph. I think there would eventually come a point where I'd be like: "no more". I would want to make sure everyone got what they came for though.....an autograph.

Then you get people turning up to events, with two things they want signing, and the celebrity's restricted to one, etc.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then you get people turning up to events, with two things they want signing, and the celebrity's restricted to one, etc.

I'd just politely tell them that I'd been restricted to one signature. If they weren't happy, well, I couldn't help that. I wouldn't be happy about being restricted to just one signature though.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Oh I have a bit of paper with a written scribbly word on it. My life is now complete.

That's a bit harsh! I like getting autographs - its a nice souvenir of a memorable moment, meeting someone I admire.
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Hoy was signing autographs while the team was waiting to get into the stadium last night - thought that was very nice of him!
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilaeth wrote: »
    Chris Hoy was signing autographs while the team was waiting to get into the stadium last night - thought that was very nice of him!

Chris Hoy is class.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »

Why not do both?

Actually these days a lot of people have an alternative to asking for autographs. They ask for the celeb to put an answerphone message on their mobile phone.

Imagine Barbara Windsor doing that for you. " Hey luv, this is Peggy Mitchell here. XXXXX isn't able to take your call at the moment, leave a message after the beep. Then GET OFF THE LINE AND OUTA MY PUB!!" I think that only someone without a sense of humour wouldn't see the jolly in that! :p
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Why not do both?

Actually these days a lot of people have an alternative to asking for autographs. They ask for the celeb to put an answerphone message on their mobile phone.

Imagine Barbara Windsor doing that for you. " Hey luv, this is Peggy Mitchell here. XXXXX isn't able to take your call at the moment, leave a message after the beep. Then GET OFF THE LINE AND OUTA MY PUB!!" I think that only someone without a sense of humour wouldn't see the jolly in that! :p

If I heard that I'd roll my eyes and think How tacky that they paid money for one of those celebrity voice-a-like answerphone messages :rolleyes::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Why not do both?

:D Makes me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJoNoOAY9Q
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Today I met Miriam Margolyes in Edinburgh . She is doing a show at the Fringe . Although I didn't go to her show , I took my daughter to another show at the same venue . My daughter recognised her from Harry Potter , and although I had always thought her to be rather scary and formidable looking , she was lovely and a joy to chat with . Really nice woman.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only once.
    I talked to a guy from supertramp for about 2 minites once. Round about 1974...I shared a flat with some mates and we got to know 2 girls who lived upstairs that worked for A&M records. They invited us to a launch party for the bands new album 'Crime of the century'. The band mingled for a while and I just mumbled something about how I love guitar music..lol. They all seemed very sensible and sober.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Chad Szeliga, John Deservio, Nick Catanese, Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society) - the nicest, most down to earth guys ever.

Also, it surprises many, but Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) was really cool just like Chris Broderick
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofan wrote: »
    Chad Szeliga, John Deservio, Nick Catanese, Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society) - the nicest, most down to earth guys ever.

Also, it surprises many, but Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) was really cool just like Chris Broderick
    When Megadeth played Wolverhampton years ago, my dentist had to give Dave Mustaine some treatment for a toothache! And he said that Dave was a really nice guy too :)
  • ToffeeDebsToffeeDebs Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Bernadette Foley who played Margi Shadwick in Brookside. It was in 1998, me, my mum & nan shared a taxi with her, she was lovely! We'd been to a wedding abroad, a few weeks previous & they were having a party for those who couldn't attend, in Liverpool & when we came out she was standing there & as thee was only one taxi, we shared it :)