Wil.I.am and Redone introduces "Priyanka Chopra" - In My City - Debut Single

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wil.I.am, Redone and members of the Bollywood movie world have come together in a massive artist development programme resulting in the launch of Priyanka Chopra, with investment . The song In My City reached number 1 in India, and this investment is meant to be Interscope and Universal's most expensive in terms of world promotion. This is the first also that Bollywood has backed their artist and provided money to help promote Priyanka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priyanka_Chopra

To me she reminds of Nicole Scherzinger, her next market she is trying to break is Europe and then onto USA. Can she do it, or is it just a massive media/label hype ?

In My City ft Wil.I.am produced by Redone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjgq6-5uDtY

Comments

• Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts ??
  • DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of Priyanka in Bollywood but this single is just meh and I cringed a few times watching that video thinking "what are you doing?!" The dancing was too Bollywood.

I hope she releases something better.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's not too bad but sounds a bit generic in parts. She does have potential though.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    This song is awful, incredibly generic and very dated. It sounds like More and Dirty Dancer by Usher.

It's sad that will.i.am is involved with this song.

She's very beautiful though. I hope she can get a better song. The only part I like is that bit with the drums.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has been one of the biggest bollywood actresses for quite a few years now, but the song is very generic and quite poor considerng redone produced it, ester dean wrote it and will features on it.

I dobelieve she can get some success with the song though if she promotes it in the uk and radio plays the track.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the dancing, she's sticking to her roots which I think is pretty cool.
    The chorus was a bit weak, will.i.am as usual completely unecessary.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

Yea I really enjoyed the way she brought the Indian beats into the song, and her dancing is pretty good :)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I love PC...:D

I like the song too but I agree it is weak, but it has potential to do well. :)
  • LibbyScottLibbyScott Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PC rocks! :D:cool:

I like the song and it's great to see her collaborating with Will.i.am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Yea I really enjoyed the way she brought the Indian beats into the song, and her dancing is pretty good :)

The dance break isn't even Indian. It seems like some tribal drum thing.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    LibbyScott wrote: »
    PC rocks! :D:cool:

Mac for me :p Oh hang on... this is the Music forum :o
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a music video with some generic music... now how to finance it I know lets have a mobile phone... well i suppose it does not have william saying "in the club, banging the beat, in the club etc" all the way through....but its rubbish...
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Oh my god. I love Priyanka in Bollywood and seriously did not expect her to do music? Why is she doing this when she is already such a successful Bollywood star, like the 2nd highest paid? She really doesn't need to do this...

But I actually like it. She's amazing. She's always said she was a singer at heart and she's sung at a few shows too and she's amazing at it. So I think she could be big especially if she's got will.i.am and neyo supporting her.
    Forum Member
    Where did you get Ne-Yo from? She's getting support from people, but it won't do anything for her. No one's interested in an Indian pop star, especially with material like this hence the fact it didn't even chart in any country.

As for why she's doing this, why not? She was practically handed the opportunity and people always want to expand (well most people).
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did RedOne and Ester Dean just give her a track nobody else wanted or what; the song isn't even fit to be an album track never mind a single to launch an international music career. So, so weak.

She is very beautiful though.
    Forum Member
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Did RedOne and Ester Dean just give her a track nobody else wanted or what; the song isn't even fit to be an album track never mind a single to launch an international music career. So, so weak.

Probably. And she probably wasn't willing to do a sex-themed track.