It's official, their back

13»

Comments

• nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    TRT1968 wrote: »
    Well, I guess the the more modern costumes take actor comfort into account, but I hope they do retain a more traditional look, rather than go for, say, a Waters of Mars like skin cracking effect. I reckon, though, that Bernard Breslaw's costume must have stunk to high heaven at the end of the day.

I can confirm Bernard's manly musk has dissipated entirely. I got a bit close to this and the Zygon costume in my Experience detailed examination. I was enthralled at the detailing on even the Zygon's backside, then turned round to see a security guard had come to keep an eye on me. I didn't touch!
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    I can confirm Bernard's manly musk has dissipated entirely. I got a bit close to this and the Zygon costume in my Experience detailed examination. I was enthralled at the detailing on even the Zygon's backside, then turned round to see a security guard had come to keep an eye on me. I didn't touch!

Mmm... If those suction cups carried on around the bum, I bet they daren't sit down! They'd bring the chair up with them!
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,475
    Forum Member
    If a co-worker has BO and you think they should know about it, do you do it by announcing it loudly to all your colleagues at once in the middle of a conversation about something else?

Awkward...

A PM would be the equivalent in this forum environment, but as in a "colleague's BO" situation, that's maybe too personal a thing to do?

I have no perfect answers. How many people would like to be told they're a bad driver? Everyone thinks they're perfect.
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    A PM would be the equivalent in this forum environment, but as in a "colleague's BO" situation, that's maybe too personal a thing to do?

I have no perfect answers. How many people would like to be told they're a bad driver? Everyone thinks they're perfect.

If I was in an office and someone did happen to mention a colleague's BO, I may or may not think it was polite to do. But I probably wouldn't also stand up point and say "I hate your BO too!"
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    How did this thread get from Ice Warriors to BO? :confused:

Back on topic -- Caroline Skinner hinted that the voices would be the same, she said she had fun hissing like an Ice Warrior on set :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did this thread get from Ice Warriors to BO? :confused:

Back on topic -- Caroline Skinner hinted that the voices would be the same, she said she had fun hissing like an Ice Warrior on set :D

Hissing like a can of aerosol deodorant more like! :D
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I quite like the hissing, if they can do it so that it doesn't affect the other sounds i.e background noise and music so much -- I always liked the idea that the Ice Warriors hiss because they aren't used to our atmosphere :)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I quite like the hissing, if they can do it so that it doesn't affect the other sounds i.e background noise and music so much -- I always liked the idea that the Ice Warriors hiss because they aren't used to our atmosphere :)

That would be great actually, they could have a whole hydraulic-steampunk-power-armour thing going on, vents and hissing and bubbling all over the place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Ice Warriors hiss because it's not hot for them. In several audio stories, when they're in cooler places, they have much less of a hiss.
    Forum Member
    If I was in an office and someone did happen to mention a colleague's BO, I may or may not think it was polite to do. But I probably wouldn't also stand up point and say "I hate your BO too!"

That's not what I did. I hate to drag this discussion off topic yet again, but a discussion was already going on and I contributed to it in general terms, as others already had, and made no comments about any specific user.

Anyway... I'm glad they're back - Ice Warriors are cool! :)

Did you see what I did there? :)
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    That's not what I did. I hate to drag this discussion off topic yet again, but a discussion was already going on and I contributed to it in general terms, as others already had, and made no comments about any specific user

I know you didn't! Your comments have been fine. I was aiming my finger wagging at people who were a bit rude. And you haven't been in any way impolite.

Ice Warriors are indeed cool. As one would expect given the nomenclature. You and your Earth humour!
    Forum Member
    I know you didn't! Your comments have been fine. I was aiming my finger wagging at people who were a bit rude. And you haven't been in any way impolite.

Ice Warriors are indeed cool. As one would expect given the nomenclature. You and your Earth humour!

Sorry for any misapprehension. We're cool. :) As are Ice Warrirors! I've been hoping for their return since the show itself returned. They are one of my dim memories from the original era.

Ah Humour. It is a difficult concept!. :)
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    What i reckon is ths is wha everyone nows that Doctor Who episoads your could of dun it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What i reckon is ths is wha everyone nows that Doctor Who episoads your could of dun it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F***. The Doctor must have fallen unconscious into a regeneration coma again.
    Forum Member
    I reckon typoe's don't matter as long as u can understate what he's woards are then on wrried.

WRNAING!
    Unconstructive posts commenting on the spelling and/or grammar of another user's post will not be tolerated. We ask that users make the effort to communicate clearly and, so long as posts are understandable, there should be no problem.

This rule is awesome! It’s so liberating not to have to worry about whether anyone can understand you and write anything at all without fear of having your spelling questioned! :)

(To clarify, I have no personal objection to the OP, other than it took a while to understand that this post wasn’t about monsters’ backs.)
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This rule is awesome! It’s so liberating not to have to worry about whether anyone can understand you and write anything at all without fear of having your spelling questioned! :)

My interpretation would be that you still have to think about whether anyone can understand you. Banana saucepan aerial catnip.
    Forum Member

Your spelling is atrocious. It's F***, not F***.
    Forum Member
    Your spelling is atrocious. It's F***, not F***.
    Stop F***ing swearing, moaron’s! :D
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop F***ing swearing, moaron’s! :D

Or you'll break the swearing rule:eek:
    Swearing
    The Digital Spy forums do have a language filter which should block terms deemed too offensive for use on the forums. Deliberately evading this language filter in order to post offensive language will likely result in a ban as you've demonstrated a complete disregard for the forum rules. This includes but is not limited to masking letters with an asterisk, reversing letter order or substituting numbers for letters.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Whose back?

(See what I did there? :D...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon typoe's don't matter as long as u can understate what he's woards are then on wrried.

WRNAING!

(To clarify, I have no personal objection to the OP, other than it took a while to understand that this post wasn’t about monsters’ backs.)

No offence intended, Grand Dizzy. I wasn't and couldn't comment on either the grammar or spelling in your post, because I simply couldn't understand it. To me it reads like two sentences that have crashed into each other. Do you think you could rephrase it, so we can get back on with the topic in hand (which has drifts worse than Scapa Flow in it already!)