The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    She's redeemed herself a bit, maybe I won't boo her (much) at panto now :D

Jedhug
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A massive hint they are doing DOI as they said in a pop girl interview and said they good at Ice skating

And they have projects coming up they can't talk about yet

See the video on my twitter or hopefully someone will post on get later
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A massive hint they are doing DOI as they said in a pop girl interview and said they good at Ice skating

And they have projects coming up they can't talk about yet

See the video on my twitter or hopefully someone will post on get later

Here's the link for that interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXKnQax8daE&feature=youtu.be

It looks like DOI is out of the question though as the start date for that has just been announced as Jan 6th (the last day of panto).
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda Martin has always said that though I'm still booing for that choice of song alone and the decisions made regarding Eurovision. This lady is not for turning. lol
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Here's the link for that interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXKnQax8daE&feature=youtu.be

It looks like DOI is out of the question though as the start date for that has just been announced as Jan 6th (the last day of panto).

I agree, I don't think they're doing DOI. People have already been spotted practising with the professional skaters and most of the contestants are known now (see the DOI thread). There's no way they could do it without prior practice, no matter how good they already are!
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the interview was a while ago maybe DOI was still in the picture. I don't think it is now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with Pithywitch re the lack of forward progress of late. 2012 was not as successful for the twins as 2011 although you never know what might happen in 2013..

However, certain things are ominous, the total lack of interest by Louis and their mother's amateurish attempts at management. They really needed to do a big reality show this year/ early next year ie Jungle or DOI and we know their 'management' ballsed up by not making it happen cos there was interest, and there may not be next year. :( They really need big exposure to gain new fans because realistically a lot of the XF ones have now moved on and the EMAs was a good night out but not career advancing.

Still I hopeful that something will happen with MTV. I don't think those guys were holidaying in Ireland by accident.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would a contract with Louis prevent J&E from signing on with a talent agency in another country?

For example:

William Morris Endeavor (WME), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), International Creative Management (ICM), or United Talent Agency (UTA).

All are in LA... sorry... but I'm sure there are equivalents in the UK.
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 male DOI contestants are still not known and 1 DOI account did retweet a tweet by a fan who said that J&E also said always that they are not doing CBB until they did it :)

Do we know what they do in the night?
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    2 male DOI contestants are still not known and 1 DOI account did retweet a tweet by a fan who said that J&E also said always that they are not doing CBB until they did it :)

How strange!! Would they have time to get there after panto? the last show finishes early, but it would leave it really tight....unless they split the start, or something....

I'd kind of made up my mind they weren't doing it, but I'm starting to wonder now.......

Either way, they seem to have something planned for next year :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I'm a geek, I've been looking at the 22 acts who performed on the UK X Factor live shows this year, particularly what record label they're all signed to.

Syco/Sony
    Seven of the performers were signed to Syco (eg Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs). In fact, the only ex-X Factor Syco act not to perform was Cher Lloyd (who performed on the US X Factor!). Four of the acts were signed to Sony, and three of these were American stars (eg Pink, Kelly Clarkson).

Universal
    Seven of the artists were signed to Universal. Some of these had a connection with the show (eg Tulisa, Ne-Yo, Robbie

Williams), others were major international pop stars (eg Taylor Swift, Rihanna).

Misc
    Three others were signed to Warner (eg Ed Sheeran), and Kylie is signed to Parlophone.

Number ones
    18 of the 22 acts had enjoyed a number one single in the UK, usually multiple number ones.

Conclusion
    When you look at the sorts of acts who perform on the X Factor live shows, it's not surprising that the Jeds haven't
    made the cut. To do it, they'd either have to be signed to Syco
    records, be a major international pop star with several
    number one singles in the UK, or have some sort of strong
    assocation

with the X Factor (a judge or guest mentor). So there's no vast
    conspiracy keeping the Jeds from performing on the X Factor.
    When Taylor Swift or Kylie or Rihanna are available, of
    course the show's producer is going to pick those major stars
    over lesser known ones. :)

One thing that's different from jedward these starts is jedward were all that people were talking about John and edward aka jedward and in x factor 2009 not just a random x factor of yesteryear

They also changed the x factor forever without jedward
    They would never have been quirky acts like jedward
    Yes chino chino time and cheeky girls but on long jevitey
    Unlike the jedward 3 years and still going strong so they should perform on that basis as the catalyst of change

As for next year jepic year of cause
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How strange!! Would they have time to get there after panto? the last show finishes early, but it would leave it really tight....unless they split the start, or something....

I'd kind of made up my mind they weren't doing it, but I'm starting to wonder now.......

It says on the panto ticket website that the last show starts at 17:30, and DOI starts at 18:15 so they definitely couldn't make it.

I've never watched DOI - have they ever split the start before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think they split the contestants half on week one and half week 2 this makes it vible for jeds like girls one week
    Boys the second bUt they usIally watch in
    The audience whilst first weeks contestants preform

And no Louis spence this year as judge so maybe Jason gardener might return remember the twins heckled them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they split the contestants half on week one and half week 2 this makes it vible for jeds like girls one week

And no Louis spence this year as judge so maybe Jason gardener might return remember the twins heckled them

I'm not keen on Jason Gardener, actually yes I do remember them heckling him, I thought it was hilarious at the time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure about the last series, but according to Wikipedia, in 2011 this happened:

"Although 16 celebrities are confirmed to take part, in a shocking twist, the first two episodes were qualifying rounds, in each of which eight couples skated and two were eliminated, so that only 12 couples reached the competition proper."

It does seem strange that we never get any news that 100% rules the twins out of the running!

Edit: But is it really possible that they could have been practising somewhere without anyone getting wind of it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh isn't it frustrating all this guess work. :p

So if its a split week DOI might be possible but I agree wouldn't they have been spotted practising somewhere, plus meeting/training with partners?

As I've said before I'd think they'll be brilliant on it and something like this could 'kickstart' a few show dates in the UK. I agree with Bridge about the benefits of doing a reality show - a good one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    They're not doing DOI. That was obvious when the last two panto dates were back on. Apparently Jeds' management (whoever that is) wanted too much money. Stupid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not doing DOI. That was obvious when the last two panto dates were back on. Apparently Jeds' management (whoever that is) wanted too much money. Stupid

That may be true, but it came from that really horrible newspaper article didn't it?

One thing I have learnt since closely following Jedward is that most newspaper and online articles are full of inaccuracies, and speculation presented as facts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That may be true, but it came from that really horrible newspaper article didn't it?

One thing I have learnt since closely following Jedward is that most newspaper and online articles are full of inaccuracies, and speculation presented as facts.

Not just newspaper and online articles - twitter also has speculation/opinion as fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Not just newspaper and online articles - twitter also has speculation/opinion as fact.

I've learnt believe it when it happens and don't worry about it until it does (or doesn't) because I can't do anything about it anyway :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We are a celebrity obsession nation so therefore speculation sells papers

Like x factor it's all guess work

On my DVD of Westlife farewell tour they were Westlife
    chanting Louis so maybe Louis is not to bad after all !

I really want jedward to headline croke park or O2
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »

Contestants on DOI are not allowed reveal anything about their partcipation before the official announcement, so I gues we'll have to wait and see with this one :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wait... we're hanging our hats on the DOI peg, again? This is absolutely hilarious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    wait... we're hanging our hats on the DOI peg, again? This is absolutely hilarious!
    I don't think they're doing DOI.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they're doing DOI.

That peg was getting a bit short... lol...
This discussion has been closed.