The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Paul again today...they might as well go home now ! No chance! He never gets a good team to play against. He never gets one wrong
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever edited the Final Chase music this episode really gave away the ending there. :D
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the final chase music was wrong, but the effort in pushbacks was good and if Andrew was there they might have had a more of a chance of winning
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I am surprised that Paul thought Syria was the most popular twitter tag in 2011 given it's a relatively small nation compared to Egypt
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Nobody notice the question cock-up in today's episode then? It was about what coal is a short name for. The contestant passed and they said the right answer is charcoal.

Wrong, coal isn't short for anything. Coal is mined, charcoal is manufactured. Two different things. Very surprised no-one's pointed that out yet!
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difference between the 2 is Chasers have to think quickly, you saw how many times Shaun knew the answer after he got it wrong. Eggheads would be dithering and would quite honestly be hopeless, none of them could answer as quick as Anne does. But i'd love to see it just to see Daphne get flustered and worked up.

kevin got 42 on mastermind though, I don't think you could get that score if you are slow :rolleyes:
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Whoever edited the Final Chase music this episode really gave away the ending there. :D
    I noticed that. I do hope it doesn't happen again, I don't want it to be spoiled.
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I am surprised that Paul thought Syria was the most popular twitter tag in 2011 given it's a relatively small nation compared to Egypt

I thought it was that too. I'm sure #syria was a huge trend too.
    dodgygeeza wrote: »
    Nobody notice the question cock-up in today's episode then? It was about what coal is a short name for. The contestant passed and they said the right answer is charcoal.

Wrong, coal isn't short for anything. Coal is mined, charcoal is manufactured. Two different things. Very surprised no-one's pointed that out yet!
    Didn't catch that question, not great that they used an incorrect question.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    kevin got 42 on mastermind though, I don't think you could get that score if you are slow :rolleyes:

I think Kevin would do really well on The Chase, he has a wide knowledge range, and he has proven that he's fast.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the thing is, with regard to speed - you don't have time to think - it's a matter of virtually instantly knowing the right answer.

good example is the speed with which they are getting conundrums this week, on countdown. blistering
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Paul again today...they might as well go home now ! No chance! He never gets a good team to play against. He never gets one wrong

he is very strong these days......although he can be beaten ( as I did when I appeared)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Didn't catch that question, not great that they used an incorrect question.

It does seem to happen a bit on this show, like the question about Andy Murray being born in Dunblane when it was Glasgow.
  • dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    It does seem to happen a bit on this show, like the question about Andy Murray being born in Dunblane when it was Glasgow.
    Yes, it's not the first time I've noticed an error either.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,894
    Forum Member
    Why have they started announcing the names of the contestants in the final round after they buzz? They were giving answers at the exact same time as the announcement and I couldn't hear what they were saying on my TV.

Plus, if they were made to wait for the announcer each time, doesn't that unfairly reduce their available time to receive further questions?

Also, I have some niggles about the verbal speed at which Bradley asks questions to the contestants - he even has mini-pauses early on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn is on classic mastermind at the moment and he has hair :D
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I know, the names have always been announced when there is more than one player. It's actually connected to the button. If the contestant can't be heard clearly because they talkover the announcement they do a retake.
    Forum Member
    Mattty wrote: »
    Shawn is on classic mastermind at the moment and he has hair :D

And he was doing his coaching badges! His assumed boring persona on the chase is definitely not the real him.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,894
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    As far as I know, the names have always been announced when there is more than one player. It's actually connected to the button. If the contestant can't be heard clearly because they talkover the announcement they do a retake.
    That's strange, I don't recall it before. Plus on last night's episode every time the girl buzzed she talked over the announcer and couldn't be heard clearly, yet there wasn't a retake.
    Forum Member
    roger_50 wrote: »
    Why have they started announcing the names of the contestants in the final round after they buzz? They were giving answers at the exact same time as the announcement and I couldn't hear what they were saying on my TV.

I asked the same thing on here a few months ago, turns out it's always been done, it's jsut it's easy to overlook it, particualrly if you're trying to answer the questions at home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First one out already, I think the team will win because the last time Mark won was when Larry won
    Forum Member
    Fraudly Harrison lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an ok cash builder
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's obviously not going to Take the higher offer
  • ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,735