Sam Callahan - Just Shows How Much Is Edited Out...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
Forum Member
Found this on Twitter. I saw the boys and groups at bootcamp, so I knew they'd cut so much of it, but hadn't remembered all this.

This is a fan made video with an audio of Sam Callahan's full audition over the top...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SQ2jq9VFpg&feature=youtu.be

Amazing how much more talking there is, as well as judges comments and so much more to the actual performance. Now I remember why it took so long, lol. I'm sure there were quite a few more acts than were shown too. Wonder what happened there.

Anyway, I really enjoyed listening back to this. I like Sam Callahan more and more, the more I learn/hear/read. I think he's going to be a bit of a dark horse.

Comments

• commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He actually sounds really good! I love him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    He's got a really good voice :)
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    To be fair with the editing though, he still got more than most people did. They do have to fit everyone into an hour and a half timeslot.

I do really like Sam though. Hope he does well in the competition.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they mention he already has his own management and was fast tracked through the audition process?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's better here than the choppy XF editing suggested...
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His editing has all the signs of an early boot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    To be fair with the editing though, he still got more than most people did. They do have to fit everyone into an hour and a half timeslot.

I do really like Sam though. Hope he does well in the competition.

Oh God yes, absolutely. That's what I mean. All the acts had so much more to give than we were shown. I just happened to be looking through Sam's social media and found this.
    Makson wrote: »
    Did they mention he already has his own management and was fast tracked through the audition process?

No they don't mention it here but it seems Sam is certainly not trying to hide the fact he has management. The show allow acts with management and admit they scout talent, so you can't hold that against the acts themselves. I don't get that way of thinking at all.
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is funny, given the way the judges emphasise it's a singing competition, how little of the show has singing in it.
    Forum Member
    It is funny, given the way the judges emphasise it's a singing competition, how little of the show has singing in it.

Agreed. I was gutted we didn't get to see more of the first challenge because I imagine that one really sorted the men from the boys.

However, I'm more and more of the opinion that it isn't just a singing competition... it's about the full marketable package and the artist that is capable of being a brand.

That's why I'm quite liking Sam for this year. He seems to almost already have that brand built. His website is amazing and I really like his Youtube stuff. I definitely don't think we've seen the best of him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a popularity contest. You don't have to win to do well. In fact winning often doesn't help.

Compare Matt Cardle to Cher Lloyd. He's gone and forgotten.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StageDive wrote: »
    Agreed. I was gutted we didn't get to see more of the first challenge because I imagine that one really sorted the men from the boys.

However, I'm more and more of the opinion that it isn't just a singing competition... it's about the full marketable package and the artist that is capable of being a brand.

That's why I'm quite liking Sam for this year. He seems to almost already have that brand built. His website is amazing and I really like his Youtube stuff. I definitely don't think we've seen the best of him.

And personally I couldn't care less about brands.

Are you related to Sam or a frirnd of his?
    Forum Member
    It's a popularity contest. You don't have to win to do well. In fact winning often doesn't help.

Compare Matt Cardle to Cher Lloyd. He's gone and forgotten.

Agree with that too. Also, look at 1D. I re-watched their original auditions the other day and it made my ears bleed... but again, it's about that brand. It's what the industry people think a wide audience will buy into. Those boys could sing the phone book out of tune, but they've had such an amazing team around them, marketing them, etc. that it wouldn't matter. All they needed was five bodies to stand on a stage and play the part of puppets.
    And personally I couldn't care less about brands.

Are you related to Sam or a frirnd of his?

Not saying you personally care about the brand. Just saying that is what seems to do well. Again, Olly Murs is a good example. They tapped into that cheeky, loveable chappy thing and he flew. Same goes for JLS. Not saying it's right, either... just the way it seems to work. At the end of the day, it's a business and the show will want the end product to be something that makes them money and has longevity. And I'm not just talking winners, I'm just talking about the acts that they chose to take forward when the show is over, whether they land in first, second, third or seventh place.

No, I dont' know him, just been doing my research. He's from sort of near me and I'd heard lots about him before he auditioned as he performed at a friend's daughter's school and she became rather obsessed with him, lol, so he has interested me from the beginning and I've kept a close eye on him.