Are Netbooks going out of fashion!

My wife has asked for a Netbook from Santa this year, so I have been looking around and there does not seem to be much choice in store this year!

Staples do not have any in on display and Currys/PC World only had two to choose from and both were marked "Clearance Stock"

I have searched on line but would really like to buy from a store close by in case of any problems!

Would I be better suggesting a Tablet with a keyboard?

Comments

• c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does she want to do with it ?

I have a Asus Transformer with is basically a Android based netbook and tablet combined and there are still things it can't do as well as a Windows based netbook can do.
  • MindeeMindee Posts: 22,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife has asked for a Netbook from Santa this year, so I have been looking around and there does not seem to be much choice in store this year!

Staples do not have any in on display and Currys/PC World only had two to choose from and both were marked "Clearance Stock"

I have searched on line but would really like to buy from a store close by in case of any problems!

Reading other threads here would be some help. :)
  • Snake_EaterSnake_Eater Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think netbooks died when ipads and tablets took off.
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Their market has been squeezed by small tablets and smart phones. That said, I think to say they have died is a massive exageration, go on any train journey in this country and you see people with netbooks being used. Whatever the retailers think, people still use them.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look for an 11-12" notebook/laptop. There was a recent thread but I can't find it.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

I have an 11in Lenovo netbook which is very useful, although admittedly it has an i3 processor. They usually come with a slower one and they all usually have one of either two different chips, neither of which is particularly fast.