What would U like to see on the Wii U

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After having a look through my Wii this morning, it hit me that Nintendo haven't made any updates since 2010, or possibly 2009, and when the Wii Menu came out back in 2006, it really was of it's time, but now it's so far behind the times now, it's actually quite embarrassing. I'm not an Xbox fan myself, but I will admit, the new menu is pretty cool.

Aside from the bad pun in the title of the thread, what would you like to see head for the Wii U? List anything you want. Games, Apps, Features, and hopefully around E3 we can compare notes as to what Nintendo are actually going to deliver.

I’d love to see Angry Birds HD as an app, playing on the Wii U controller, and having it shown on the big screen would be awesome. Also, HD versions of iPlayer, 4OD, ITV Player, Demand 5 and Sky GO as well. I have SkyHD and now-a-days, everything seems to be on demand, so they’re pretty much behind the times as well, so I’d like to see Nintendo change that.

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I just want GAMES. I want Wii-U to be a pure games machine like all other Nintendo consoles before it. I don't care for all this app business, nor the multimedia functions. I'm not even particularly fussed about it's online capabilities. Just games.

Ideally I would like to see an expanded Virtual Console that has a much wider selection of systems and more titles with reasonable pricing (and of course mandatory 60HZ on all games). I would like to see Game Cube games included and ready for download (I think this has been confirmed which points to some kind of internal HDD as a necessity). I'd also like to see Wii games get upscaled 1080p treatment like Xbox games do on 360. It makes them look at least bearable on HDTV's and also helps to reduce lag on certain sets.

For the actual Wii-U games I just want a new F-Zero, Metroid Prime and Star Fox games. These series of games are long overdue sequels imo.

If they get most of this right then I'll happily buy one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read on Zelda Wiki that Nintendo will also be bringing Downloadable content for both the Zelda, Mario and Pikmin franchises with the Wii U. Their intention will be to release games and then over a period of time add upgrades to the game. I can see this working for Mario and Pikmin, but I honestly can't see that working on Zelda in the slightest.

Game wise, I'd like to see some games that will also be avaliable on Xbox and PS as a way to show people that Nintendo mean business this time around, with games such as GTA and possibly even The Elder Scrolls series making an appearence.

I think if Nintendo don't make GameCube titles avaliable on the virtual console, then they would be stupid. Maybe not all of them, I'm sure there are some which require add-ons and extensions which would be fair enough.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * F-Zero, and Rogue Squadron to come back

* Nintendo to discount titles. Sony, MS and PC titles all depreciate after a few months, and then appear on a budget label (platinum etc.) . I think Nintendo do take the pee a bit when they still set the RRP of 18 month-2 year old games at £39.99 (New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy 2). Nintendo were committed to this with the GC, but they neglected it on Wii (except for a laughable half baked thing called 'Nintendo selects')

* Retro games running at 60hz for Europeans
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to start another thread of pretty much the same premise as this one, this evening, but then I remembered I made this a few months back...

Now that we've got the Wii U, the thing I'm absolutely desperate for is a Gran Turismo type racing game. There are games like Gran Theft Auto, Driver and Need for Speed (on other platforms and Wii U itself) but I want a game where I can create and customize a car with gorgeous HD graphics and backgrounds

Part of me really wants a Super Mario Galaxy 3, only to show off how gorgeous it could look in full HD, but at the same time, Nintendo have been there and done that - twice. Maybe it's time for them to come up with an entirely new way of playing Mario.

Also, I've played through it twice on the Wii, and even bought it's sequel for the DS, but I really want Okami HD to be brought to the e-Shop. Such a great game, and seriously under-rated. A definite must play for all Zelda fans.

Besides that, they've come up with everything I think I'd like so far (besides Angry Birds and iPlayer/4OD) with Scribblenaughts, and Lego City Undercover, and I'm hopefully getting Zombi U in the next few weeks as well.
  • 0lly0lly Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    A proper sequel to Yoshi's Island.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An optional system wide trophy/achievement type system, so people who like them can collect them, people who don't can just switch them off

More games, though ninja gaiden is out on friday and rayman isn't to far away

More stuff on the store, its literally been updated twice since i got one with two games being added in total, there should be more demos and more e-shop exclusives (like PSN games not sure what they are called on nintendo)
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want GAMES. I want Wii-U to be a pure games machine like all other Nintendo consoles before it. I don't care for all this app business, nor the multimedia functions. I'm not even particularly fussed about it's online capabilities. Just games.

Ideally I would like to see an expanded Virtual Console that has a much wider selection of systems and more titles with reasonable pricing (and of course mandatory 60HZ on all games). I would like to see Game Cube games included and ready for download (I think this has been confirmed which points to some kind of internal HDD as a necessity). I'd also like to see Wii games get upscaled 1080p treatment like Xbox games do on 360. It makes them look at least bearable on HDTV's and also helps to reduce lag on certain sets.

For the actual Wii-U games I just want a new F-Zero, Metroid Prime and Star Fox games. These series of games are long overdue sequels imo.

Agree with this. I'd also like them to be less secretive about upcoming releases. The silence is really rather odd.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Wii U Virtual Console
    2. An Eshop that is updates weekly with new content
    3. New IP's and a constant stream of games
    4. Third party support
    5. A proper account system
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like them to go a bit beyond their 80s franchises (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK) and maybe look more at revamping their 90s franchises (F-Zero, Starfox, 1080, Waverace)

Oh and all VC downloads of old games HAVE to be in 60HZ
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not often that I agree with IGN's Nintendo coverage, but in this case, they're spot on.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/07/wii-us-silent-2012
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna see ... Trophies, IPTV Apps such as BBCiplayer, ITVPlayer, 4OD, Demand5 etc etc ... The ability to use SDCards for downloading / playing Eshop titles & most importantly same day multiplatform releases (otherwise the xbox360 will be getting my hard earned cash instead) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't rule out the use of SD cards for save data for the Wii U. It was in 2009 (almost 3 years after the Wii was released) that there was an update where you could save data onto the Wii. Maybe they'll do the same again.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Mario Kart game relatively soon!
    Oh and some Gamecube titles on the virtual console- especially Mario Kart Double Dash.

You've probably guessed that I like Mario Kart.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A marketplace seperate of it's own that doesn't get abandoned and gets regular updates and releases of titles from the NES SNES N64 and Gamecube.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    A marketplace seperate of it's own that doesn't get abandoned and gets regular updates and releases of titles from the NES SNES N64 and Gamecube.

Yes!!!

Its crazy how nintendo dont use the library they have. Its practically free money. If the 3DS eshop had snes games I would of given Nintendo so much money by now.

When the Wii U VC does come they need to forget about the way they release stuff. Stop the drip by drip and just get the content on there. Also dont treat us in the west different. The Japanese e-shops get so much better content quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another app I'd like to see on Wii U would be Skype. Fingers crossed it will happen in the future, but doubt there will be a rush since there is the Wii U chat built in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redlight79 wrote: »
    Another app I'd like to see on Wii U would be Skype. Fingers crossed it will happen in the future, but doubt there will be a rush since there is the Wii U chat built in.

It's probably be xbox720 only! :cry: (cause Microsoft own it)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    It's probably be xbox720 only! :cry: (cause Microsoft own it)

I can't remember where I read it, but Microsoft only deal with certain bits of it, but they are still their own company in some rights. It's on the PS Vita, and even to then, Skype's main competiton isn't Nintendo and Sony, it's Facebook, Google+ and Twitter etc...
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sadly I doubt there will be a new F-Zero, as I read somewhere the creator (or maybe it was just the director of F-Zero GX) said there would be no point as it was the pinnacle of what a game like that can be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redlight79 wrote: »
    I can't remember where I read it, but Microsoft only deal with certain bits of it, but they are still their own company in some rights. It's on the PS Vita, and even to then, Skype's main competiton isn't Nintendo and Sony, it's Facebook, Google+ and Twitter etc...

IF u believe the rumours Skype (which is completely owned my Microsoft) is gonna be heavily integrated into the next xbox so like I've said previously I can't see it appearing on rival consoles ... which is a shame. :( (naturally handhelds are a different matter entirely)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    If I get a Wii U I'd like to see:

Updates of Wii games running at 1080p
    VC games tweaked so they look good on an HD set and arent blown up to 480i
    Wider selection of US/Japanese games - VC games running at 60Hz, for years we had to put up with 50Hz games in the SNES days, its crazy this is still a problem.
    More games, basically.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would like SNES starfox, stunt race fx and N64 Pilotwings..

if the Wii U can handle the 1993 super fx chip :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've bought loads of virtual console titles on my Wii / 3ds etc etc but I don't know why I bother when u can get 10000s of roms / emulators off the net (via p2p torrents) for nowt. /facepalm :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I've bought loads of virtual console titles on my Wii / 3ds etc etc but I don't know why I bother when u can get 10000s of roms / emulators off the net (via p2p torrents) for nowt. /facepalm :o

I love how casual people are when it comes to pirating games these days, kind of a cavalier opinion of it's a 20 year old games that isn't widely available anymore so it doesn't matter if you pirate it

the mere fact that these games are available as classic shows nintendo still want to make money from them and that you are stealing, have a nice day